• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theee Catrabbit
    replied
    Re: 2010 GPI(Gridiron Power Index)

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    There may be home games in Sept just none on the schedule right now. Could open at home and play at home on the 17th. I'm quite sure our AD would like both of those to be home games, that isn't very likely. I sure hope we don't have the same fiasco with scheduling that there was this year. Time to make the 2011 schedule thread a sticky one.

Sept. 10 @ Illinois
    Sept. 17 Open
    Sept. 24 @ Illinois State
    Oct. 1 Indiana State
    Oct. 8 @ YSU
    Oct. 15 UNI
    Oct. 22 NDSU
    Oct. 29 @ Missouri State
    Nov. 5 Southern Illinois
    Nov. 12 @ Western Illinois
    As it stands that schedule appears to be complete bull$h!t

Leave a comment:

• SF_Rabbit_Fan
    replied

The way I look at it, getting a FCS cupcake game is like getting a 7ft center who can actually play basketball. Everybody wants one, they aren't everywhere, and the schools that can pay the most usually get them.

Remember, NDSU got into the playoffs with only 7 wins largely because of a win against Kansas. Some year we might have 7 wins and the difference between playoffs or no playoffs could be in the quality of those 7 wins.

7 is the magic number, but not all 7's are created equal.

Leave a comment:

• Jacks99
    replied

Realized yesterday that Montana did not make the playoffs at 7-4. They finished the season #15, but 3rd in the BSC. The obvious difference is that they traded a money game with an FBS team with a non-counter DivII game. If they would have beat a lower FCS team they possibly would slip in over Western Illinois or NDSU with their past performances.

Leave a comment:

• NebraskaJack
    replied

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    There may be home games in Sept just none on the schedule right now. Could open at home and play at home on the 17th. I'm quite sure our AD would like both of those to be home games, that isn't very likely. I sure hope we don't have the same fiasco with scheduling that there was this year. Time to make the 2011 schedule thread a sticky one.

Sept. 10 @ Illinois
    Sept. 17 Open
    Oct. 1 Indiana State
    Oct. 8 @ YSU
    Oct. 15 UNI
    Oct. 22 NDSU
    Oct. 29 @ Missouri State
    Nov. 5 Southern Illinois
    I'm thinking on the open date we need to schedule either Eastern Illinois or Northern Illinois.....that way we will have most of that state covered next year.

Leave a comment:

• jackmd
    replied

Originally posted by Jacks99 View Post
    UND qualified this year, however it seems we all agree it needs to come earlier. 1st week or two would be best. Also, with the schedule this year, the away game at Delaware was killer.

If you want a playoff spot in a marginal year, two lower teams are needed. A "W" over a lower team is better than a close loss to a power when you are 6-5.... That said, I think it's a year we needed to sit at home.

No home games in Sept. next year? Dad called in for dates and sounds like the home games are in Oct & Nov.

Sept. 10 @ Illinois
    Sept. 17 Open
    Oct. 1 Indiana State
    Oct. 8 @ YSU
    Oct. 15 UNI
    Oct. 22 NDSU
    Oct. 29 @ Missouri State
    Nov. 5 Southern Illinois

Leave a comment:

• Jacks99
    replied

UND qualified this year, however it seems we all agree it needs to come earlier. 1st week or two would be best. Also, with the schedule this year, the away game at Delaware was killer.

If you want a playoff spot in a marginal year, two lower teams are needed. A "W" over a lower team is better than a close loss to a power when you are 6-5.... That said, I think it's a year we needed to sit at home.

No home games in Sept. next year? Dad called in for dates and sounds like the home games are in Oct & Nov.

Leave a comment:

• mitchellrabbit
    replied

Originally posted by Jacks99 View Post
    This^^^

Not a Valpo, but the lower tier of full scholly divisions

i guess id rather go watch a competive game. id much rather see a mcneese st, ga southern, cal poly, davis ect. and deleware here sure would have been nice.

Leave a comment:

• Jacks99
    replied

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
    http://www.collegesportingnews.com/c...GPI-11-23-2010

Got to get that "patsy" d-1 game at CAS every year.
    This^^^

Not a Valpo, but the lower tier of full scholly divisions

Leave a comment:

• rjacks21
    replied

According to the 2010 media guide, the series with SE LA doesnt begin until 2012.

Leave a comment:

• jackmd
    replied

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
    We have 9 games set for 2011 season, (Ill + 8 current MVFC opponents). Do we start our series with SE LA next year? And who is our 11th game?
    Great questions that no one seems to be able to answer.

Leave a comment:

• rabidrabbit
    replied

Originally posted by propar80 View Post

Well, the final "regular season" GPI came out and it looks like SDSU ended up #22. If this doesn't speak to how tough of a schedule we had I don't know what does.
    Also the MVFC is ranked 2nd.
    Got to get that "patsy" d-1 game at CAS every year. #22 and pounding our chests about playing the toughest schedule year in, year out is nice, but playoffs is much better...especially now that 7-4 all but puts us in with a decent showing in the MVFC. 8-3 is a lock.

It will be interesting to see what the final GPI looks like after Jan. 7th's Championship game in Frisco, TX.

Go Jacks!!
    Hindsight is easy, but if Jacks/Sioux game had been the 1st weekend rather than last, I think would have seen a competitive game in Del, and possiby a Il St win.

We have 9 games set for 2011 season, (Ill + 8 current MVFC opponents). Do we start our series with SE LA next year? And who is our 11th game?

Leave a comment:

• propar80
    replied

Well, the final "regular season" GPI came out and it looks like SDSU ended up #22. If this doesn't speak to how tough of a schedule we had I don't know what does.
    Also the MVFC is ranked 2nd.
    Got to get that "patsy" d-1 game at CAS every year. #22 and pounding our chests about playing the toughest schedule year in, year out is nice, but playoffs is much better...especially now that 7-4 all but puts us in with a decent showing in the MVFC. 8-3 is a lock.

It will be interesting to see what the final GPI looks like after Jan. 7th's Championship game in Frisco, TX.

Go Jacks!!

Leave a comment:

• propar80
    replied

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101102/...g_east_meeting

Well....if it makes anyone feel anybetter about this season...we're still in the top 25 of the GPI!!

This really tells you how (stupidly,IMO) tough our schedule is/was and it looks like the MVFC is still in 2nd place behind the CAA and ahead of the Big Sky.

Got to get an OOC patsy into Brookings next year. I hear we are still looking for two more OOC games and have HUGE offers out to said OOC patsy's.

Go Jacks!!

Leave a comment:

• filbert
    replied

Originally posted by goon View Post
    Dang, if not smackish hopefully it can be sarcastic.
    Not Smack: People who wear army boots lack a maternal instinct.
    Smack: Yo mama wears army boots.

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
    I don't think that is smack. U of M is a horrible FBS school this year. They have made the Bottom Ten list on ESPN every week since week 2. A win against them in most ranking systems would not rank higher than a loss to U of Neb. Again, just the facts. Same logic that keeps Boise St. stuck at 3 in the BCS poll.
    Dang, if not smackish hopefully it can be sarcastic.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X