• Rabbit74
    replied
    Re: Summit League Championships

It 8-4 Jacks in the bottom of the 8th.

Leave a comment:

• sf_jackster
    replied

Jacks up 7-3 Bottom 6. Billy Stitz has 2 homers and Joel Blake has 1!

Leave a comment:

• SidelineObserver
    replied

A 6-run bottom of the 9th sinks Southern Utah as they fall 9-6 to Oral. Jacks get a shot at redemption against the T-Birds starting at 7:00 Dellas Cole should have the play by play on the 910.

Leave a comment:

• 1stRowFANatic
    replied

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
    I believe you should use your staff ace in the 1st game on a double elimination tourney. I have seen to many teams over the years gamble and lose by not pitching their ace right away. Rest should not have been a problem going in, since their last game prior to the tourney was last Saturday. Our backs are against the wall now and the rest of the way you pitch whoever you have that can get a few outs.
    I was just trying to point out that at the point the game one starter begins to lose it, it is a much harder decision in double elim than single. Agree that rest really shouldn't have been a factor going into yesterday, but meant (and admittedly did not make clear) that using relievers yesterday may mean they aren't available today.

I've seen many teams that lost because the ace loses a nail-biter in round one. Best solution - two aces. Or even better, four aces and then you have a great shot at winning in poker or baseball.

Leave a comment:

• 1bunnies
    replied

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    With double elimination, we still have a chance to win it. Pitching changes are like coaching changes, they are made eaiser in the stands or on this board. I would be willing to bet Richie had his reasons for not making a change. Might have something to do with double elimination. I don't know.
    Armchair coaching is always easier. The last 3 week-ends I was at their games and about every 3 innings watched a pitching change. Then, they go the tourney and leave a pitcher in after giving up 5 runs and a 4 run lead. I believe Robinson should have been pulled in the big inning.

Leave a comment:

• 1bunnies
    replied

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
    All depends on who is pitching the next day and how rested and ready to go is the rest of the staff. In a single elim tourney, rest doesn't matter, but no matter the outcome of yesterday's game, the Jacks were going to have at least one more game today. Also, you have to remember that it is likely there will be two games today. If we had won, then the next game is at 3 most likely against ORU's best starter (we didn't know they had won at game time and often a team will use its best starter in game two to get to the championship game undefeated or stay alive) with a potential game again at 7 if we lose to ORU. If we lost the game, (like we did) we play today at 11 with another game at 7. Managing the pitching staff in a short double elim tourney is always a challenge.
    I believe you should use your staff ace in the 1st game on a double elimination tourney. I have seen to many teams over the years gamble and lose by not pitching their ace right away. Rest should not have been a problem going in, since their last game prior to the tourney was last Saturday. Our backs are against the wall now and the rest of the way you pitch whoever you have that can get a few outs.

Leave a comment:

• mango4
    replied

Jacks beat Centenary 7-3. They face the loser of the Southern Utah/ORU game at 7 tonight

Leave a comment:

• jackdaniel
    replied

We're still hitting great, if the defense comes around, mainly the pitching, we'll still have a chance of pulling this thing off.One loss from elimination, i say use your best pitchers the next two games & hope your hitting carries you through.Have to be able to protect a good sized lead in future games.Eight runs scored & still lose the game, niether team was pitching all that great, if you ask me.I think they're "saving" thier best pitchers for ORU too.We should really make them pay for that!
    Last edited by jackdaniel; 05-22-2009, 09:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 1stRowFANatic
    replied

All depends on who is pitching the next day and how rested and ready to go is the rest of the staff. In a single elim tourney, rest doesn't matter, but no matter the outcome of yesterday's game, the Jacks were going to have at least one more game today. Also, you have to remember that it is likely there will be two games today. If we had won, then the next game is at 3 most likely against ORU's best starter (we didn't know they had won at game time and often a team will use its best starter in game two to get to the championship game undefeated or stay alive) with a potential game again at 7 if we lose to ORU. If we lost the game, (like we did) we play today at 11 with another game at 7. Managing the pitching staff in a short double elim tourney is always a challenge.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

With double elimination, we still have a chance to win it. Pitching changes are like coaching changes, they are made eaiser in the stands or on this board. I would be willing to bet Richie had his reasons for not making a change. Might have something to do with double elimination. I don't know.

Leave a comment:

• 1bunnies
    replied

Tough one to lose. I think this one is on Ritchie. Your starter blows a 4 run lead and you bring him back out the next inning. Should've yanked the inning he got into trouble.

Leave a comment:

• SidelineObserver
    replied

Jacks drop game one 11-8.

Leave a comment:

• mango4
    replied

Sawyer hits a 2-run bomb, Jacks down 9-8 entering the bottom of the eighth

Leave a comment:

• NorCalJack
    replied

You can follow the live stats, or gamecast here.

Go Jacks!!!

Leave a comment:

• 1bunnies
    replied

Briggs hits a SF to score a run and Stitz triples in the other 2. Jacks now lead 6-2. 11 hits on the day so far. A double by Turner, Stitz's triple and Martin's HR. Stay hot Jacks.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X