X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roy
    replied
    Re: Summit League Championships

It was a great tournament and our team did us proud! ORU has a nice stadium for the fans and the weather was perfect. There were six excellent Division I baseball games. Pay $20 for the tourney and sit anywhere you want.

Had others performed differently (SUU) there was a good chance we could have come home with the championship. We won both elimination games, sending Centenary and SUU home. We were the last bus in town!

ORU is a tremendous baseball machine and will present real challenges for the rest of us in the Summit in coming years. They have under construction, adjacent to the stadium, an indoor practice facility for the baseball program. They are not standing around waiting on the competition.

Keep those donations coming, that's the Jackrabbit way!

The locals we talked to were very complementary of those that visit ORU representing SDSU. Makes one proud to be a Jackrabbit!

Put next years tournament on your bucket list!

Leave a comment:

• JackJD
    replied

After the game, I went to ORU's website and looked at the history section of its media guide. The ORU program has put together great stats in its relatively short life, including one trip to the college world series. Yesterday's win over the Jacks made it 12 years in a row ORU is moving to the post-season. Congrats to them!

We matched well against an excellent opponent and while a loss is never to be accepted, we know we belong there and can get ready for next year.

Leave a comment:

• Rabbitlivinginverm
    replied

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
    Tough loss for the Jacks, had one bad inning in which ORU scored 4 runs. Good season Jacks, really looking forward to next year
    That was a tough inning. ORU had runners on 1st and 2nd with one out. We had an 0-2 count and we plunk the guy. Bases loaded, next fella up takes the first pitch over the right field wall. Two bad pitches cost us 4 runs. Fellas played good ball though...

Leave a comment:

• 1bunnies
    replied

Not to shabby with 3 Sophs and a fresh. on the all tourney team. Get a little more depth at the pitching spot and avoid some arm injuries and this team will be all set to make a strong run again next year. Great individual performance yesterday by Theilbar and Somsen. Some single season records set by young players. Keep it up Jacks.

Leave a comment:

• JackJD
    replied

The All-Tournament Team

2009 All-Tournament Team

Joel Blake, SDSU (Soph)
    Jesse Sawyer, SDSU (Soph)
    Layne Somsen, SDSU (Fr)
    Billy Stitz, SDSU (Soph)
    Caleb Thielbar, SDSU (Sr)

Bucky Aona, Southern Utah
    Kyle Melling, Southern Utah
    Tyler Garewal, ORU
    Andre Lamontagne, ORU
    Juan Martinez, ORU
    Colby Price, ORU
    Johnny Roberts, ORU (Tournament MVP)
    Jerry Sullivan, ORU
    Boone Whiting, Centenary

Leave a comment:

• JackJD
    replied

Nice season. It's the start of next year.

Go Jacks!

Leave a comment:

• Jacks15
    replied

Great season Rabbits! we have a lot of talent returning next year, now we know what it takes to get here and what we need to do to take that proverbial next step.

Leave a comment:

• ORU_sisko
    replied

thats the ballgame. Caoch Walton said you guys would finish second...and it was questioned a bit...but now we know.

CC and SUU learned the hard way.

Good run guys, your boys showed they can compete d1 late in the season.... Put together some more pitching and you guys could be a real handful next year.

Later-

Leave a comment:

• mango4
    replied

Tough loss for the Jacks, had one bad inning in which ORU scored 4 runs. Good season Jacks, really looking forward to next year

Leave a comment:

• ORU_sisko
    replied

down 6-2...your offense starting to show up OR we need to change pitchers perhaps...we'll see in a minute...

Last Call for alcohol jackrabbits......

Leave a comment:

• ORU_sisko
    replied

what i mean is...they will get to him sooner or later...with a big late inning if your guy does not stay sharp...which is why you will need a bullpen...

Leave a comment:

• ORU_sisko
    replied

You'll need a few pitchers regardless. This teams averages 13 runs a game...you cant send one pitcher in a game like this with an offense that averages that much...

Leave a comment:

• mango4
    replied

Originally posted by ORU_sisko View Post
    I was guessing that it was going to be a slugfest...since you guys played so many games. Guess not. I like a pitchers duel, i think it favors us with the deeper bullpen....

we shall see.
    Our starters have gone complete games the last two games so we haven't used our bullpen since Thursday...

Leave a comment:

• ORU_sisko
    replied

I was guessing that it was going to be a slugfest...since you guys played so many games. Guess not. I like a pitchers duel, i think it favors us with the deeper bullpen....

we shall see.

Leave a comment:

• sf_jackster
    replied

Jacks now down 2-0 top 5.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X