Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Summit League Championships

Off of gojacks.com

senior right-hander Isaac Johnson is the scheduled starter in Saturday’s 1 p.m. game

I believe Isaac was the winning pitcher the only time SDSU has beaten ORU. Go get 'em again!

Comment

Here's the story on Friday's wins from gojacks.com: LINK

Talk about timing...we're playing some of our best baseball right now, exactly when it counts. Freshman Layne Somsen pitched a great game -- from the gojacks.com story: "A Yankton native, Somsen did not walk a batter as he pitched his team-best third complete game of the season. The right-hander scattered 11 hits and struck out four as he won his fourth consecutive decision."

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
        Here's the story on Friday's wins from gojacks.com: LINK

Talk about timing...we're playing some of our best baseball right now, exactly when it counts. Freshman Layne Somsen pitched a great game -- from the gojacks.com story: "A Yankton native, Somsen did not walk a batter as he pitched his team-best third complete game of the season. The right-hander scattered 11 hits and struck out four as he won his fourth consecutive decision."
        Need to give congrats to both of yesterday's pitchers! Caleb Thielbar went the distance in a ten-inning game as we beat Centenary and then Layne repeated the "go the distance" routine. It was just outstanding to watch both of them perform. Gave up hits but always came through in the clutches.

We should have played Oral Roberts last night as the Southern Utah coach pulled the biggest blunders I have ever seen at a baseball game. With a three-run lead and one out, he brought in the best pitcher he still had (a left hander) to replace Melling, who has pitched 8 1/3 innings in a great performance against the ORU hitters. Riecle (sp?) struck his man out and the coach then pulled him out of the game with one out to go. He put in the second baseman to pitch, who gave up a home run on his first pitch, and then threw eight consecutive balls to walk two batters. He then brought in his right fielder to pitch (waving back his relief pitcher who had warmed up), and Wright then threw four straight balls to walk the batter and load the bases, and then went full count to ORU's best hitter, before giving up the grand slam homer. It was unbelieveable!!!

Anyway, had ORU lost, I honestly feel we were in position last night to have beaten them and pushed them out of the tourney, but because of SUU's performance, we have to do it twice today and that is a tall order. But GO JACKS!!!

Comment

We are all pulling for the Jacks in Yankton. Great pitching by Layne and our bats just won't stop. I have no idea who ORU has on the mound but I almost feel sorry for the guy. Its going to come down to pitching and defense.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
            Need to give congrats to both of yesterday's pitchers! Caleb Thielbar went the distance in a ten-inning game as we beat Centenary and then Layne repeated the "go the distance" routine. It was just outstanding to watch both of them perform. Gave up hits but always came through in the clutches.

We should have played Oral Roberts last night as the Southern Utah coach pulled the biggest blunders I have ever seen at a baseball game. With a three-run lead and one out, he brought in the best pitcher he still had (a left hander) to replace Melling, who has pitched 8 1/3 innings in a great performance against the ORU hitters. Riecle (sp?) struck his man out and the coach then pulled him out of the game with one out to go. He put in the second baseman to pitch, who gave up a home run on his first pitch, and then threw eight consecutive balls to walk two batters. He then brought in his right fielder to pitch (waving back his relief pitcher who had warmed up), and Wright then threw four straight balls to walk the batter and load the bases, and then went full count to ORU's best hitter, before giving up the grand slam homer. It was unbelieveable!!!

Anyway, had ORU lost, I honestly feel we were in position last night to have beaten them and pushed them out of the tourney, but because of SUU's performance, we have to do it twice today and that is a tall order. But GO JACKS!!!
            Wow that is a terrible, terrible coaching decision. Why warm a pitcher up and then use a outfielder instead of a pitcher?

Comment

The coaching staff has been making the right decisions on selecting pitchers for certain games thus far,the hitting is solid as alway's.It will be really intresting if the jacks win game one & force a second game from ORU.Then we can see how well they (ORU) can play with the added pressure on them of being within one game from elimination.Would they blow it , or not? HMMMMM!

Comment

Jacks down 1-0 bottom of the 3rd. Jacks still looking for their first hit of the game.

Comment

Jacks now down 2-0 top 5.

Comment

I was guessing that it was going to be a slugfest...since you guys played so many games. Guess not. I like a pitchers duel, i think it favors us with the deeper bullpen....

we shall see.

Comment

Originally posted by ORU_sisko View Post
                      I was guessing that it was going to be a slugfest...since you guys played so many games. Guess not. I like a pitchers duel, i think it favors us with the deeper bullpen....

we shall see.
                      Our starters have gone complete games the last two games so we haven't used our bullpen since Thursday...

Comment

You'll need a few pitchers regardless. This teams averages 13 runs a game...you cant send one pitcher in a game like this with an offense that averages that much...

Comment

what i mean is...they will get to him sooner or later...with a big late inning if your guy does not stay sharp...which is why you will need a bullpen...

Comment

down 6-2...your offense starting to show up OR we need to change pitchers perhaps...we'll see in a minute...

Last Call for alcohol jackrabbits......

Comment

Tough loss for the Jacks, had one bad inning in which ORU scored 4 runs. Good season Jacks, really looking forward to next year

Comment

thats the ballgame. Caoch Walton said you guys would finish second...and it was questioned a bit...but now we know.

CC and SUU learned the hard way.

Good run guys, your boys showed they can compete d1 late in the season.... Put together some more pitching and you guys could be a real handful next year.

Later-

Comment

Working...
                                X