Caleb Thielbar etc...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Caleb Thielbar etc...

What a finish...Twins win 5-4 on a Doumit two-run triple.

Post-game interview with Gardy: "...the kid, T-bar, comes in for the win." [Did I just hear the launch of a nickname? T-bar?] Gardy said the batboy retrieved the last ball hit and Gardy gave it to Thielbar. "He deserved it."
    Last edited by JackJD; 06-01-2013, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Thielbar got his first MLB win today and now has pitched 7 1/3 innings in the majors, given up just 3 hits and has struck out 9. Great start on a Major League career. If a lefty can do this he is going to hang around awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
        Thielbar got his first MLB win today and now has pitched 7 1/3 innings in the majors, given up just 3 hits and has struck out 9. Great start on a Major League career. If a lefty can do this he is going to hang around awhile.
        If he sticks around the majors and keeps getting innings I will have to pick him up for my fantasy baseball team. Great first for him and sdsu baseball.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Thielbar now has 14 innings pitched with 0 earned runs. Pretty impressive. Most of his appearances have come when the Twins are well ahead or way behind. Gardy typically goes with the veteran south paw, Duensing, in close games.
          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

The Twins announcers last night said Caleb will be taking over more of Duensing's role because of how well he has pitched and Duensing has been struggling. They referenced comments made yesterday afternoon by Gardenhire. He also pitched a 1-2-3 ninth inning and extended his scoreless innings streak.

Comment

...about time.
              [Jacks] Baseball is Life.

Comment

These are some serious numbers he is putting up. He has now pitched the equivalent of two shutouts plus two outs to start his career, has a WHIP
                of .643 which includes at least one intentional walk that I saw, and is striking out almost one batter per inning. He keeps doing this and he will make a lot of money throwing the baseball.

Comment

I just watched the replay from last night online and he is pitching very well. Gardenhire was serious about bringing him in sooner and used him as first out of the bullpen to stop a Yankee rally in the 6th. 6 batters faced all retired. Now maybe they should draft some SDSU batters to drive in some runs!

Comment

Another scoreless 1-2-3 inning today on only 8 pitches. He was also the first reliever out of the bullpen again. He has 19 2/3 scoreless innings now in 17 appearances.

Comment

Nice article (did say the University of SD once in the article).

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...thielbar-story

Comment

Happens. Sitting in the bar at Alpine Inn, Hill City, last fall a Univ SD alumnus gave me an earful as to how USD baseball would beat SDSU in the spring. I assumed he had partaken of more Ayinger than I.
                        You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Just watched Caleb pitch the first 2/3 of the 7th inning vs the Royals. Two outs, a triple and a fielding error for an unearned run. He's replaced. Fun to see him pitch again. Royals up 3-2 after the gift.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                            Just watched Caleb pitch the first 2/3 of the 7th inning vs the Royals. Two outs, a triple and a fielding error for an unearned run. He's replaced. Fun to see him pitch again. Royals up 3-2 after the gift.
                            A fielding error is the pitcher's problem? Not fair, but I don't see the same big picture that Gardy does. I suppose Caleb was about throw another HR pitch, so he gets yanked. Gardy seems know what is best for the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                              A fielding error is the pitcher's problem? Not fair, but I don't see the same big picture that Gardy does. I suppose Caleb was about throw another HR pitch, so he gets yanked. Gardy seems know what is best for the team.
                              The next batter due up was a righty, I believe.
                              @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                              --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
                                The next batter due up was a righty, I believe.
                                Then that was a proper move by Gardy.

Comment

Working...
                                X