Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TeaJackrabbit
    replied
    Re: New Sioux Falls events center update...

The "they" is the co-chair of the mayor's council for events center (something like that). He was on KWSN this afternoon.

1strow - I think you're right about Howard Wood...which is why I predict it will be downtown (just west of the Falls on the east side of Phillips?)...which will be a nightmare for traffic btw.

Leave a comment:

• 1stRowFANatic
    replied

Ditto on who "they" is.

Also, pretty sure the cost of what you proposed for Howard is prohibitive. School District has already said they are tapped out at the 5-6 million level for the proposed repairs that were put on hold. Since that was very close to the 5 million level before the delay, I don't think they are waiting another 4 to 5 years.

Leave a comment:

• EQguy
    replied

Who's they?

Leave a comment:

• TeaJackrabbit
    started a topic New Sioux Falls events center update...

New Sioux Falls events center update...

They say the soonest they'll break ground is four years. So if Sioux Falls does host the tourney after next year it will be at the Arena.

Said they are modeling it after the Qwest Center in Omaha. They like the lower cost suites in the Qwest.

Said they are in contact w/ the SF Sports Authority and know what they need to have to host NCAA Regional Tournies.

Said they will have a heavy curtain in place to make the "lower bowl more intimate (7-8k seating) for the minor league sports". This was my big one. I think you have to have this set up. A 14-17k seat arena for the SF Storm, Skyfoce and Stampede (who attract 2,500-5,000 fans) would be disasterous for those franchises.

I would like them to put a Fargodome-type structure up over Howard Wood so we can play football in there. The parking is there, there are two hotels within walking distance, interstate access nearby, airport is 7 minutes away, downtown is 7 minutes away, 41st street is 12 minutes away, the Birdcage is there as well as convention space and the old Arena. I imagine we'll see a 15k seat facility somewhere near downtown in 2014.
Working...
X