Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WBB Summit League 2022-23

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by OldHare View Post

    The early word was an ACL. I am sure the prognosis will be next week when they see a specialist.
    I believe they also lost a freshman PG who was expected to play a lot with a torn ACL in practice before the season started.

    Comment


    • #17
      Bison WBB is no longer undefeated. E Michigan outscores Bison 26-12 in 4th quarter to win 73-55.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

      Comment


      • #18
        Watching the USeD women play against UTMartin. Our post players are going to punish the yotes inside.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
          Watching the USeD women play against UTMartin. Our post players are going to punish the yotes inside.
          Wow, USD is bad. They may have fallen below the ND schools and into the grasp of ORU and KC. Their team is Larkins and a bunch of players who wouldn’t see the court for us.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
            Wow, USD is bad. They may have fallen below the ND schools and into the grasp of ORU and KC. Their team is Larkins and a bunch of players who wouldn’t see the court for us.
            I agree, and Larkins wouldn’t be a stand out player here either.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
              Wow, USD is bad. They may have fallen below the ND schools and into the grasp of ORU and KC. Their team is Larkins and a bunch of players who wouldn’t see the court for us.
              It is a bit a crash if the projected 2nd place team of the OVC handles the Summit projected 2nd. Should the coyotes come in 2nd, the rest of the league is suspect as well. Ouch!
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post

                I agree, and Larkins wouldn’t be a stand out player here either.
                It's a different world being the player the other team keys on as opposed to last year when she was the 5th option on a very good team.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by OldHare View Post

                  It is a bit a crash if the projected 2nd place team of the OVC handles the Summit projected 2nd. Should the coyotes come in 2nd, the rest of the league is suspect as well. Ouch!
                  And they did it minus two starters. The pre season OVC 1st place team beat Omaha by 2 and lost to a Stetson team the was defeated at home by Denver earlier this year, so it's not like the OVC is strong. USD is simply far worse than projected.

                  If they completely implode this year and become a middle-of-the-pack SL team, does that help us win the recruiting battles for players such as Koupal? Will be interesting to see.

                  Thanks goodness for them their coach was smart enough to schedule two NAIA teams to pad their win total...
                  Last edited by SteelSD; 12-15-2022, 02:14 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Update as we head into strecth.
                    South Dakota State 12-0 1.000 7-0 5-0 0-0 W12 1029-739 19-5 .792 11-1 5-2 3-2 W12 10-0 1845-1512
                    North Dakota State 8-3 .727 6-0 2-3 0-0 W1 822-781 14-7 .667 9-0 4-7 1-0 W1 7-3 1505-1417
                    Oral Roberts 7-4 .636 4-0 3-4 0-0 W4 881-865 10-12 .455 6-2 4-10 0-0 W4 7-3 1711-1783
                    South Dakota 7-5 .583 4-2 3-3 0-0 L2 871-837 11-12 .478 6-6 5-4 0-2 L2 5-5 1625-1561
                    North Dakota 5-6 .455 5-1 0-5 0-0 L1 784-816 12-9 .571 10-1 1-8 1-0 L1 4-6 1508-1446
                    Omaha 5-7 .417 2-4 3-3 0-0 W1 830-842 10-13 .435 6-5 4-8 0-0 W1 4-6 1552-1613
                    Denver 5-7 .417 3-4 2-3 0-0 W2 781-827 9-14 .391 6-7 3-7 0-0 W2 4-6 1505-1593
                    Kansas City 3-8 .273 2-3 1-5 0-0 L1 698-777 7-15 .318 5-5 2-10 0-0 L1 3-7 1414-1563
                    St. Thomas 3-9 .250 2-4 1-5 0-0 L1 751-842 8-14 .364 6-4 2-10 0-0 L1 3-7 1385-1415
                    Western Illinois 3-9 .250 2-3 1-6 0-0 L3 794-915 8-15 .348 6-5 2-10 0-0 L3 3-7 1556-1701
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      3 weeks remain and the standings have some definition.

                      1. SDSU 13-0
                      T2. NDSU & ORU 8-4
                      4. USD 7-6
                      5. UND 6-6
                      T6. Omaha & Denver 6-7
                      8. KC 3-9
                      T9. STU & WIU 3-10

                      The Jackrabbits are looking like the 1 seed while the 7 seed is uncertain(4 teams could end up on that seed) and the bottom 3 are likely seeds 8-10. The last 2 weeks finds ORU traveling to North Dakota schools and ORU hosting the South Dakota schools which keeps the 2 seed up in the air for a few days. The teams in the 3-7 seeds will be a coin toss come game day unless injury or improved play for the SLT happens. The middle of the standings seems like some parity exists. It is likely the Sunday games will include the yotes with at least 1 ND school for some competitive games.
                      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        There was very little definition from last night's games. 2nd place ORU & NDSU both lost. That took them closer to the field that are USD & UND at 7-6 and 7-7 Omaha and 6-8 Denver. It did give the Jackrabbits a lock on finishing with at least a tie for the top of the conference or solo with one more victory. It is still too early to call seeds through 2-7.
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                          There was very little definition from last night's games. 2nd place ORU & NDSU both lost. That took them closer to the field that are USD & UND at 7-6 and 7-7 Omaha and 6-8 Denver. It did give the Jackrabbits a lock on finishing with at least a tie for the top of the conference or solo with one more victory. It is still too early to call seeds through 2-7.
                          This reminds me of the scene from basketball when they are talking about the tournament bracket and seeding.....if someone knows how to post the link please do. It seems pretty fitting trying to figure out the rest of the summit tourny seeding
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done. Arnold Palmer

                          Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by goon View Post

                            This reminds me of the scene from basketball when they are talking about the tournament bracket and seeding.....if someone knows how to post the link please do. It seems pretty fitting trying to figure out the rest of the summit tourny seeding
                            Current standing WBB
                            https://thesummitleague.org/standings.aspx?path=wbball
                            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              The first WBB game of the day is UND @ Omaha. The FHawks are schooling the Mavs by 30+ at halftime. Mavs just beat the bison in Omaha Thursday. FHawks could be pushing ORU & NDSU.
                              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                UND, NDSU, & ORU are 8-6 and tied for 2nd. ORU visits those 2 this week. It is possible we will see a team grab the 2nd spot. Jory's bison have stumbled losing 4 of the last 5 with the only win an OT game in Fargo. USD(7-7) hosts Omaha(7-8) & Denver(7-8) as those 3 teams try to avoid a Friday game as a 7 seed. Omaha and Denver are trending up a smidge as they head into the SD.
                                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X