Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If the Summit had a point system here's the MBB standings on February 1.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the Summit had a point system here's the MBB standings on February 1.

Since every sporting event is free on Roku, I watch every Lindenwood men's and women's game plus some others in this Covid year. The GLVC has split basketball into three five team divisions and has scheduled games on the fly. Teams sometimes find out where there going a few days ahead of time. Without round robin scheduling they've used a point system for determining tournament seeds. Here's how it goes:

Road win against .750 team=7 points, home win against .750 team 6.5 points, road win against .500 team==6, home win against .500=5, road win against .250=4.5, home win against. .250=4, road win sub .250=3.5, home win=sub .250=3. Home or road losses against: .750=2.5, .500=2, .250=1. Sub .250 loss on road=.5, at home=o.0.

Don't know if this is the ideal scoring system or not but when I put conference games against this formula South Dakota and South Dakota State get 3.5 points, NDSU and ORU get 2.9 points. With all the cancellations, I think the Summit should have seen this coming and come up with something pre-conference.

The GLVC standings at this point have Truman State in first at 4.32. Lindenwood which is playing .500 ball is in sixth (out of fifteen, eight make the tournament) at 3.36. The Summit's low point averages are because they have an inordinate number of weak teams which are playing strong teams. I assume points of the leaders will increase when February plays out.
Working...
X