2019-2020 Summit BB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
    The visitors have only won 8 of the first 34 games. Jacks 2, ORU 2, the Bison, UND, PFW and UNO one each.
    There are five contenders, none of which have lost at home. Getting a win at NDSU, SDSU, USD, Omaha or ORU would be huge. We have two more opportunities (Fargo and Tulsa). Everyone in that group is 0-2 on the road against the others, except USD - who is 0-1. For some reason they played two against PFW in their first 8 games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Southeast View Post

There are five contenders, none of which have lost at home. Getting a win at NDSU, SDSU, USD, Omaha or ORU would be huge. We have two more opportunities (Fargo and Tulsa). Everyone in that group is 0-2 on the road against the others, except USD - who is 0-1. For some reason they played two against PFW in their first 8 games.
      The summit schedule is stupid this year. Quite a few teams play a team a second time before they play everyone once. usd doesnt play UND until Feb 8th. They will have played 3 teams twice before then. Plus our 4 home games on a thur fri sat and sun? I cant make all four. Its stupid. usd had the same thing.

Comment

• https://www.midmajormadness.com/2020...henderson-ndsu

Comment

• Denver could do the Jacks a big favor by beating USD in Denver tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
            Denver could do the Jacks a big favor by beating USD in Denver tonight.
            Not gonna hold my breath on this one. Denver isn't good and at this point I'm thinking that AD is wondering "why did I ever fire our last coach". Billups isn't going to last very long at this rate. And might even be gone after this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by BTownJack View Post

Not gonna hold my breath on this one. Denver isn't good and at this point I'm thinking that AD is wondering "why did I ever fire our last coach". Billups isn't going to last very long at this rate. And might even be gone after this season.
              I think Billups will be around at least 1 more year. Their roster is very young, only 1 Sr & 1 Jr (doesn't play a lot) on the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post

I think Billups will be around at least 1 more year. Their roster is very young, only 1 Sr & 1 Jr (doesn't play a lot) on the team.
                You are probably right he's got at least 1 more year but the AD that hired him is no longer there. The current AD was hired in 2018, which was Billups' 3rd of 4 years. His records are:

16-17: 16-14
                17-18: 15-15
                18-19: 8-22
                19-20: 5-17

Total 44-112 (39.3%)

He does have some good looking young players but the records above are not trending in the right direction at all. Thankfully Denver is more of a hockey school so that might buy him 1 more year as well.

Comment

• USD hangs on in Denver for the 93-87 win. Mastodons also hang on for win at Ft Wayne.
                  Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

• Big 3 game stretch in the next 7 days for Omaha. USD and NDSU at home, and then at Frost next Saturday.

Comment

• Coyotes go 7-3 with a road win 81-80 over Omaha. Omaha is 5-3. 24-25 at free throw for yotes and 19-23 for Mavs. 27 points for Hagedorn.
                      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

• In a perfect world, Omaha would now beat the Bison this week before coming to Frost on Saturday.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                          In a perfect world, Omaha would now beat the Bison this week before coming to Frost on Saturday.
                          Omaha has 5 road games including NDSU, ORU, & SDSU. They will need that home win against the bison this week. Mavs are 1-2 for conference road games at the halfway. The scheduling did not do any favors for those guys.

Comment

• Omaha had a one point lead and shooting FT with sbout 8 seconds to go. Omaha missed the front end if the one and one. usd went and was fouled with 3 seconds to go. Made both ft to win it

Comment

• Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                              Omaha had a one point lead and shooting FT with sbout 8 seconds to go. Omaha missed the front end if the one and one. usd went and was fouled with 3 seconds to go. Made both ft to win it
                              Wow. But USD is in the mix now. This Fedruary will be interesting run for the top 2 seeds. If the SDSU men stay in the top position or even the 2 spot it will well earned.
                              The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

• When the conference season started, we wanted to take care of business at home and split on the road. We have 4 road wins so are guaranteed the split on the road. Niw lets take care of our home court.

Comment

Working...
                                X