X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Justwin
    replied
    Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
    Winning today would force the Bison to beat us and Omaha next Saturday. Lose today and the winner in Fargo is the regular season champ.
    I'm not so sure it's going to come down to the winner in Fargo regardless of what happens today.

Leave a comment:

• mitchellrabbit
    replied
    Winning today would force the Bison to beat us and Omaha next Saturday. Lose today and the winner in Fargo is the regular season champ.

Leave a comment:

• Southeast
    replied
    Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    The Fighting Hawks take the bison down 71-68. Jackrabbits still need to win over bison to win the conference.
    Now that was a joy to watch!

That result gives us some breathing room for tomorrow. Even if we lose we still have a shot to win it all on Wednesday.

Leave a comment:

• tbcruiser
    replied
    Well, gotta take care of business tomorrow first, but there are a lot of tiebreaker scenarios to play out yet.

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied
    The Fighting Hawks take the bison down 71-68. Jackrabbits still need to win over bison to win the conference.

Leave a comment:

• salemjack
    replied
    Originally posted by OldHare View Post

And Brookings on Saturday!!
    And Sunday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied
    Originally posted by salemjack View Post
    Well ORU loses to Denver. Win. In. Fargo.

And Brookings on Saturday!!

Leave a comment:

• salemjack
    replied
    Well ORU loses to Denver. Win. In. Fargo.

Leave a comment:

• filbert
    replied
    Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

Really doesn't matter if UND beats NDSU. We still need to win next week in Fargo unless ORU finishes ahead of USD which is possible I guess.

Ultimately, we control our own destiny for the top seed. That's a amazing considering where we were 10 months ago.
    This.

Jacks win out and it's all academic. Might as well just win out. This team is definitely capable of doing that.

Leave a comment:

• Southeast
    replied
    Oops - deleted a post that I intended to put in the UND MBB gameday thread...
    Last edited by Southeast; 02-20-2020, 12:11 PM. Reason: Wrong thread

Leave a comment:

• MontanaRabbit
    replied
    Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
    Doesn’t look like USD is gonna help us out at all. Need UND to beat NDSU on Saturday night.
    Really doesn't matter if UND beats NDSU. We still need to win next week in Fargo unless ORU finishes ahead of USD which is possible I guess.

Ultimately, we control our own destiny for the top seed. That's a amazing considering where we were 10 months ago.

Leave a comment:

• Southeast
    replied
    USD definitely could have issues with three games in three days (or even back-to-back games) at the SLT. Their starting 5 is solid but the bench has been a liability all year. Last night all five starters played 29 minutes or more and two of them played 39 minutes. We'll have a chance to really send them into the tourney in a slump on Sunday.

Leave a comment:

• mitchellrabbit
    replied
    Here’s an interesting thought; USD and ORU could both finish 10-6 in league. ORU would own tiebreaker over USD via their win over NDSU. So, NDSU could get the 1 seed as they now would own tiebreaker over SDSU if the Jacks don’t beat them next week, BUT the Yotes would be the 4 and face the Bison Monday night in Sioux Falls.

ORU finishes @DU, WIU, PFW
    USD finishes @SDSU, UND
    Looks to me like if usd and ORU finishes in a tie and NDSU finish the one seed, then usd would get the 4 seed because ORU beat NDSU once and usd lost twice. If we get the one seed, then usd would get the 3 seed because they beat us once and ORU lost to us twice. So either way, usd would be in the opposite bracket as us. Of course we still have to beat the yotes on Sunday for any of this to matter.

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied
    Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

The crowd was pathetic. That side behind the benches wasn't even half full, even in the first 10 or 12 rows. Don't know why - nice new arena and a competitive team fighting for a top 2 seed.
    Official attendance is reported 2164. Compared to ORU reporting, that may be a conservative number.

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied
    One of the biggest games of the season for USD and they have an awful crowd. Also, Tyson Ward for NDSU seems to complain after every foul called against him.
    The crowd was pathetic. That side behind the benches wasn't even half full, even in the first 10 or 12 rows. Don't know why - nice new arena and a competitive team fighting for a top 2 seed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X