No announcement yet.

2019-2020 Summit BB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USD definitely could have issues with three games in three days (or even back-to-back games) at the SLT. Their starting 5 is solid but the bench has been a liability all year. Last night all five starters played 29 minutes or more and two of them played 39 minutes. We'll have a chance to really send them into the tourney in a slump on Sunday.

Comment

• Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
      Doesn’t look like USD is gonna help us out at all. Need UND to beat NDSU on Saturday night.
      Really doesn't matter if UND beats NDSU. We still need to win next week in Fargo unless ORU finishes ahead of USD which is possible I guess.

Ultimately, we control our own destiny for the top seed. That's a amazing considering where we were 10 months ago.

Comment

• Oops - deleted a post that I intended to put in the UND MBB gameday thread...
        Last edited by Southeast; 02-20-2020, 12:11 PM. Reason: Wrong thread

Comment

• Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

Really doesn't matter if UND beats NDSU. We still need to win next week in Fargo unless ORU finishes ahead of USD which is possible I guess.

Ultimately, we control our own destiny for the top seed. That's a amazing considering where we were 10 months ago.
          This.

Jacks win out and it's all academic. Might as well just win out. This team is definitely capable of doing that.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

• Well ORU loses to Denver. Win. In. Fargo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by salemjack View Post
              Well ORU loses to Denver. Win. In. Fargo.

And Brookings on Saturday!!
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

• Originally posted by OldHare View Post

And Brookings on Saturday!!
                And Sunday!

Comment

• The Fighting Hawks take the bison down 71-68. Jackrabbits still need to win over bison to win the conference.
                  Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

• Well, gotta take care of business tomorrow first, but there are a lot of tiebreaker scenarios to play out yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                      The Fighting Hawks take the bison down 71-68. Jackrabbits still need to win over bison to win the conference.
                      Now that was a joy to watch!

That result gives us some breathing room for tomorrow. Even if we lose we still have a shot to win it all on Wednesday.

Comment

• Winning today would force the Bison to beat us and Omaha next Saturday. Lose today and the winner in Fargo is the regular season champ.

Comment

• Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                          Winning today would force the Bison to beat us and Omaha next Saturday. Lose today and the winner in Fargo is the regular season champ.
                          I'm not so sure it's going to come down to the winner in Fargo regardless of what happens today.

Comment

• SDSU 13-2 NDSU
                            NDSU 11-3 home sdsu & omaha
                            USD 9-6 home und
                            Omaha 8-6 home und,road ndsu
                            ORU 7-7 home wiu & pfw
                            UND 7-7 road usd & omaha
                            PFW 5-9 home denver,road oru
                            WIU 2-12 road oru & denver
                            Denver 2-12 road pfw,home wiu

The last week may create some minor shuffling. Leathernecks have toughest setup with 2 road games to claim #8 seed. Fighting Hawks appear to have to play hard to win 1 or 2 on the road as well. Golden Eagles have 2 winnable(favored) home games which could keep FHawks in the 6 spot. Jackrabbits and Bison are locked into the top 2 seeds.

Comment

• I see the SLT now has a single game ticket for the upper level labeled the Summit Deck Experience option. $20 will buy the ticket and you can receive an adult beverage for that game. Since most drinks are $7.50 and up, that is $12.50 for upper deck seats.
                              http://www.thesummitleague.org/sport...20200221fcn62b

Comment

• With at least half of this year's MBB regular season title guaranteed to held by the Jacks, I thought it would be good to take a moment before we're distracted by the NDSU game to take a wider look at a couple things the program has done.

- SDSU has won or split 6 of the last 8 titles. The next closest team is NDSU with 2 or 3 (depending on what happens in the next week).

- Here are the league W/L records over the past 3 seasons for SDSU and the two rivals:
                                SDSU - 40 -5
                                USD - 27-18
                                NDSU - 25-19

- SDSU is 120-39 in league games over the past 10 years. 3.9 losses per year is pretty impressive going back that far. NDSU is likely second (I didn't look at PFW) with a 97-61 record.

It has been a fun run and being loaded with underclassmen bodes well for these stats to get even more skewed over the next few years.

Comment

Working...
                                X