Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FargoBison
    replied
    Re: St. Thomas to Summit / Missouri Valley?

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
    I have a feeling that by 2021 St Thomas’ invite from the Summit League won’t be their only invite/option.

Just sayin’...MVC
    The MVC has 10 schools, they won't even look at UST until they have finished their transition. They will have the Summit do all the heavy lifiting.

Leave a comment:

• propar80
    replied

I have a feeling that by 2021 St Thomas’ invite from the Summit League won’t be their only invite/option.

Just sayin’...MVC

Leave a comment:

• FargoBison
    replied

NDSU-UND
    SDSU-USD
    UMKC-ORU
    Denver-UST
    WIU-Omaha

That is 10 schools......No need for Augie until another bolts. Sanford is going to have to be content with having the tournament in SF for now. 11 is not a good number.

Leave a comment:

• Rabbitball
    replied

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
    Despite the Sioux Falls media's constant, fawning reports about Augie going D-1, I don't think it's a sure thing that the Summit takes them, especially with St. Thomas coming aboard.
    I don't see why not. 10 schools makes more sense than 9 just from a scheduling standpoint, not to mention long term viability of the league. If I'm the rest of the Dakota schools I don't want them, but their hands may be tied by Sanford

Leave a comment:

• Jacked_Up
    replied

Despite the Sioux Falls media's constant, fawning reports about Augie going D-1, I don't think it's a sure thing that the Summit takes them, especially with St. Thomas coming aboard.

Leave a comment:

• MontanaRabbit
    replied

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
    The only dreamers seem to be Kelby and the SF media hacks. Nobody else wants Augie in the league.
    I’m just worried that if Sanford wants them in the league they’ll get in and let’s be serious it’d be good for Sanford to have a DI institution in their city. Sanford can hang sponsorship money over several of the schools in the league to get the votes I’d think.

Leave a comment:

• FargoBison
    replied

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    I don’t think so. We have got real dreamers in SF. Augustana has a vision. The Creighton of the Dakotas. Watch out buffalo lovers from the NORTH!
    The only dreamers seem to be Kelby and the SF media hacks. Nobody else wants Augie in the league.

Leave a comment:

• filbert
    replied

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    I don’t think so. We have got real dreamers in SF. Augustana has a vision. The Creighton of the Dakotas. Watch out buffalo lovers from the NORTH!
    Let's be brutally honest here:

Augustana looks a LOT more like Centenary College than it does like St. Thomas.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Not much to be confused about, when comapred to Augie the Tommies look like Duke.

Augie was such a horrible addition for the league, I hope this buries that idea for a very long time.
    Last edited by Nidaros; 10-05-2019, 02:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• FargoBison
    replied

Originally posted by filbert View Post
    ***confused joke deleted because: confused***
    Not much to be confused about, when comapred to Augie the Tommies look like Duke.

Augie was such a horrible addition for the league, I hope this buries that idea for a very long time.

Leave a comment:

• filbert
    replied

Augie makes UST look like Duke.
    ***confused joke deleted because: confused***

Leave a comment:

• FargoBison
    replied

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
    I like St. Thomas better as an addition than Augie. Always have. They will be a strong member of the conference.
    Augie makes UST look like Duke.

Leave a comment:

• FargoBison
    replied

This is as good of an addition that league could hope for. UST is well supported and brings in a new market that the league could really tap into. This is an addition that strengthens the league. Great work by Douple.

Leave a comment:

• sdsurulz08
    replied

Yup a school thats pretty much already funded like a low-level D 1 school in a large urban area and actually cares about fielding competitive teams what's not to love? That 436 million dollar endowment sure helps!

Leave a comment:

• da_coach
    replied

I like St. Thomas better as an addition than Augie. Always have. They will be a strong member of the conference.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X