• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bigticket1
    replied
    Re: Summit League BB transfers

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    So if there are 347 D1 teams, and each team has 15 players (unlikely), that's 678 of 5205, that means that >13% of D1 is looking to transfer. Uffda.
    It's actually a higher % than that since the men can only have 13 scholarship players.

Leave a comment:

• SteelSD
    replied

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    So if there are 347 D1 teams, and each team has 15 players (unlikely), that's 678 of 5205, that means that >13% of D1 is looking to transfer. Uffda.
    Unfortunately it really looks like we are at a time when the difference between the P5's and the Mid Majors is going to open up even more dramatically. I mean, what's to prevent a player from entering the portal just to gauge interest from the P5 schools? If nothing happens, you stay put and try again the next year. Basically it really looks like we are going to see a load of mid major players who have success gauge the market to see if they can get that offer from one of the major schools.

Leave a comment:

• RowdyRabbit
    replied

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    .......there are 678 D1 men's basketball players listed as transfers.
    http://www.verbalcommits.com/transfers/2019

Leave a comment:

• JackJD
    replied

Originally posted by Cousin Eddie View Post
    You know, kind of like Grill decommitting and DJJ transferring from the Bobcats.
    Wondered who was reading....

[My apologies to Vermillion High School.]

The site Verbal Commits shows that as of this evening (4/18/19 about 10:00 pm), there are 678 D1 men's basketball players listed as transfers.

http://www.verbalcommits.com/transfers/2019

After a relatively quick scroll through the list, I concluded that most schools, at all levels in D1 men's basketball, have players transferring. There may be more movement in the mid-major ranks but even the big programs are not immune from the transfer bug.

The Verbal Commits list shows the following Summit League transfers --i scanned through the list pretty quickly...may have missed someone. It appears UND is the only conference school to avoid the transfer bug this season so far (but last season had a big loss with the grad-transfer Geno Crandall to Gonzaga). The VC list may not be perfect. For example, Jack Stensgard is listed as a 2019 transfer from USD but he left USD early and played this past season at UW-River Falls, so I didn't list him below.

Denver: Donovan Carlisle; Jake Krafka; Elvin Rodriquez Jr.; Evan Tricker

SDSU: Michael Carter III; David Jenkins Jr; Ryan Krueger

Omaha: Elisha Duplechan

NDSU: Deng Geu

WiU: Perion Little; Isaac Johnson

ORU: Emir Ahmedic; Chris Miller; Kennedy Milton

USD: Stanley Umude; Nathan Robinson

Fort Wayne: Matt Weir

UND: 0

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
    Tanagers?
    As in Vermilion High Tanagers?

Leave a comment:

• MontanaRabbit
    replied

Tanagers?
    Since this is in a smack thread it's ok. Oh wait.....

Leave a comment:

• Cousin Eddie
    replied

Tanagers?
    You know, kind of like Grill decommitting and DJJ transferring from the Bobcats.

Leave a comment:

• jackrabbit1979
    replied

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    I've changed the title to this thread to "Summit League BB transfers". Bigticket1 had titled the thread Umude transferring but I think it may be more worthwhile to have a thread on any Summit League BB transfers.

Here's the text of Midco's Elsen's tweet:
    South Dakota forward Stanley Umude, who averaged a team-high 14.4 ppg for the Coyotes as a sophomore, has added his name to the NCAA transfer portal. Per sources, Cal, Texas and Arizona have already expressed interest.

Umude is a big loss for the Tanagers. He had some star potential.
    Tanagers?

Leave a comment:

• JackJD
    replied

I've changed the title to this thread to "Summit League BB transfers". Bigticket1 had titled the thread Umude transferring but I think it may be more worthwhile to have a thread on any Summit League BB transfers.

Here's the text of Midco's Elsen's tweet:
    South Dakota forward Stanley Umude, who averaged a team-high 14.4 ppg for the Coyotes as a sophomore, has added his name to the NCAA transfer portal. Per sources, Cal, Texas and Arizona have already expressed interest.

Umude is a big loss for the Tanagers. He had some star potential.

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    started a topic Summit League BB transfers

Summit League BB transfers

According to a tweet from Midco's Jay Elsen, USD's Stanley Umude has entered his name in the NCAA transfer portal. Texas, Cal and Arizona are reported to have already shown interest.
Working...
X