• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• goon
    replied
    Re: Summit League BB transfers

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    It is good to see a quality player stay in the league. It is unfortunate that he will be wearing red though. I am sure he would look much better in blue.
    Wonder if he just wanted to see options he had for school looking at him? Wish more players would decide to stay in the league.

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied

It is good to see a quality player stay in the league. It is unfortunate that he will be wearing red though. I am sure he would look much better in blue.

Leave a comment:

• Cousin Eddie
    replied

https://www.argusleader.com/story/sp...ue/1140855001/

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    So much for the Augustana Advantage. I wonder what does he have to offer in terms of basketball talent? His mother is a very good coach, but does that translate into talent? Did he get a chance to be a Vermillon Tanager?
    It just dawned on me who was responsible to building skills in Mike Daum? His mother. I agree with Gopherhole, USD did pick up a good transfer. I haven't paid attention to SD high school basketball, so had idea of player of year award. I would think he will do well at USD,

Leave a comment:

• GopherHole
    replied

I'm curious how many Summit teams will be interested in former Husker Brady Heiman? Heiman was a 3-star recruit for the Huskers last year out of Platteview, NE. He apparently isn't part of the Huskers future so he entered the transfer protocol yesterday.

The 6'11" post should have redshirted this year, but the Huskers lost so many players due to injuries and transfers that he was forced into action. He was not physically ready for the B1G Ten post players and I'm hoping for him that he's not lost too much of his confidence.

Leave a comment:

• GopherHole
    replied

He was SD's player of the year and the SD Gatorade POY during his senior season. Based on his stats as a true freshman, I suspect he will be in position to take over for Tristen Simpson at the point after he graduates this next year. He will have to redshirt this season as a transfer. This is an excellent pickup for the Yotes as he got to cut his teeth in the NISC for a year and will have another year to build chemistry with his new teammates.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    NSIC Freshmen of the Year. He had an offer from NDSU out of high school. He is good. Will he be good/great at the Summit League level, TBD?
    Thanks, I was not aware of NDSU offer. Vermilion High like Brookings has it’s ups and mostly downs. Being NSIC freshman of the year is a good sign of talent. I would think he will do okay despite the taunts of Frost fans.

Leave a comment:

• UWMandSDSU
    replied

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    So much for the Augustana Advantage. I wonder what does he have to offer in terms of basketball talent? His mother is a very good coach, but does that translate into talent? Did he get a chance to be a Vermillon Tanager?
    NSIC Freshmen of the Year. He had an offer from NDSU out of high school. He is good. Will he be good/great at the Summit League level, TBD?

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

AJ Plitzuweit transferring to USD per his twitter.

Welcome to Div I Augie (even before Augie has made the move they are feeling the sting of transition).

Leave a comment:

• JackAttack44
    replied

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
    Usd might get a couple dozen more fans at their games since he is a local kid.
    You have to love their bring your child to work policy. First Boots and now AJ. I can already hear the “mommy’s boy” chants in frost.

Leave a comment:

• mitchellrabbit
    replied

Welcome to Div I Augie (even before Augie has made the move they are feeling the sting of transition).
    Usd might get a couple dozen more fans at their games since he is a local kid.

Leave a comment:

• UWMandSDSU
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SoDakJack
    replied

Originally posted by goon View Post
    Not that transfers are an issue but more so losing your better players. How many from nagys teams were big time contributors? I can recall any off the top of my head. Most I can think of just didnt work out so it's probably for the best to move on. Rader, prince, doyle. Drawing a blank on others not that's they weren't good plays. Just it didnt work out here.
    I don't think that SDSU was really a fertile ground for bigger programs to poach until the last few years. Before Daum and DJJ there really wasnt that kind of legit talent. Marshall, Parks, and Larson weren't going to transfer out.

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    Transfers have been a fact of life in college basketball for years, although not to this extent. Check the rosters of the last 5 or 6 years of Nagy's tenure here and you will find 10 or more players who left early.
    Not that transfers are an issue but more so losing your better players. How many from nagys teams were big time contributors? I can recall any off the top of my head. Most I can think of just didnt work out so it's probably for the best to move on. Rader, prince, doyle. Drawing a blank on others not that's they weren't good plays. Just it didnt work out here.

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    We did? TJ had several players transfer out of the program. Some were his and some were Nagy's.
    Transfers have been a fact of life in college basketball for years, although not to this extent. Check the rosters of the last 5 or 6 years of Nagy's tenure here and you will find 10 or more players who left early.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X