Clear All

Re: Summit WBB 2018-19

Originally posted by Rabbitball View Post
    Speaking of coaching changes, this might be a lock too
    I sure hope not.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
      Yotes/Omaha was 56 at halftime. 56 to what? You might ask. No, 50 to 6. Yeah. And 29-0 after 1, I might add.
      Quote from the Omaha webpage recapping the game:

Inside the First Half
      South Dakota shot 55.6 percent (20-of-36) with 8 treys in the first half with Frederick leading the way with 10 points and three boards at the break. Petersen, Sophie Johnston and Mariah Murdie each had two points to lead Omaha. The Jackrabbit closed the half on a 17-2 run, taking a 50-6 lead into the locker room.

Nice to see this happens to other teams too!

Comment

There were not too many surprises today. There was a scare in Vermillion as Yotes beat ORU 75-64 after trailing in the 3rd quarter.

WIU 79 Omaha 67 at Omaha

Denver travels to Fargo for 87-67 win.
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

So, USD women are ranked #25 in the AP poll.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
            So, USD women are ranked #25 in the AP poll.

They are definitely going to be tough to knock off this year.
            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
              They are definitely going to be tough to knock off this year.
              I like SDSU's chances this year better than I probably will next year (if Myah gets healthy). I will have to see what SDSU's new recruits bring to the table but SDSU loses a lot more than USD does at the end of this season.
              I know we are mainly worried about this year now and we will let next year take care of itself when we get there.

Comment

Let them have the pressure of being ranked. We know how to beat top 25 teams. We have done it plenty of times

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                  Let them have the pressure of being ranked. We know how to beat top 25 teams. We have done it plenty of times
                  I think that word be great to beat them in Brookings so we can cross off another 25 ranked team. Plus the summit tourney. After we beat them at that point I would guess we are ranked top 25 or close to it.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                    I think that word be great to beat them in Brookings so we can cross off another 25 ranked team. Plus the summit tourney. After we beat them at that point I would guess we are ranked top 25 or close to it.
                    I'm hoping they stay ranked just for this reason. I'll take a Top 25 win over anyone; it looks good on paper. As for the Jacks, I don't care if they're in the Top 25 or not. They know how to win and get the job done. Come tournament time, that's all that matters.

Reminder: usd is 0-4 in the Summit League Tournament Championship against SDSU.
                    Rollin' in my 5.0
                    With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                    Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
                      I'm hoping they stay ranked just for this reason. I'll take a Top 25 win over anyone; it looks good on paper. As for the Jacks, I don't care if they're in the Top 25 or not. They know how to win and get the job done. Come tournament time, that's all that matters.

Reminder: usd is 0-4 in the Summit League Tournament Championship against SDSU.
                      Exactly, big seeding implications in that game,for both teams, I'm glad it's at Frost this time. It's coming down to the nitty-gritty part of the season, we should be getting close to playing our best basketball, or we will be soon, if I know AJ and his staff.
                      Last edited by jackdaniel; 02-11-2019, 09:30 PM.

Comment

According to Charlie Crème, here is the current seedings for teams on our schedule this year:

Baylor- 1 seed
                        Oregon- 1 seed
                        Marquette- 2 seed
                        USD- 8 seed
                        Drake- 9 seed
                        Central Michigan- 10 seed
                        Buffalo- 10 seed
                        FGCU- 14 seed

Also still holding out hope the UWGB goes on a run and gets into the NCAA's. That is quite a schedule put together by the coaching staff!

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                          According to Charlie Crème, here is the current seedings for teams on our schedule this year:

Baylor- 1 seed
                          Oregon- 1 seed
                          Marquette- 2 seed
                          USD- 8 seed
                          Drake- 9 seed
                          Central Michigan- 10 seed
                          Buffalo- 10 seed
                          FGCU- 14 seed

Also still holding out hope the UWGB goes on a run and gets into the NCAA's. That is quite a schedule put together by the coaching staff!
                          Are there still posters who think we wouldn't get an at-large? 5 of our 6 losses are to projected 10 seeds or higher.

Edit: I should add I sure don't want to leave it to getting an at-large as obviously there are not guarantees, but we've earned it IMO. USD is in the same boat. The Summit should have two teams in this year.
                          Last edited by MontanaRabbit; 02-12-2019, 09:06 AM.

Comment

WBB updates
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FLZkiis8P0
                            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                              Are there still posters who think we wouldn't get an at-large? 5 of our 6 losses are to projected 10 seeds or higher.

Edit: I should add I sure don't want to leave it to getting an at-large as obviously there are not guarantees, but we've earned it IMO. USD is in the same boat. The Summit should have two teams in this year.

As if it wasn't already going to be hyped enough, it looks like the game on February 24 is going to essentially be a play-in game for the NCAA tournament. I'd assume that the winner of that game will unofficially know they are going the the tournament.

Our RPI is currently 28 and theirs is 39. ESPN bracketology currently has both teams in as 8-seeds.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                                As if it wasn't already going to be hyped enough, it looks like the game on February 24 is going to essentially be a play-in game for the NCAA tournament. I'd assume that the winner of that game will unofficially know they are going the the tournament.

Our RPI is currently 28 and theirs is 39. ESPN bracketology currently has both teams in as 8-seeds.
                                The women's tournament is set up so different than the men's. A 12 seed almost gives you a better chance to win multiple games than a 8 seed does.

Comment

Working...
                                X