X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LakeJack
    replied
    Re: Augie to the Summit?

No it has everything to do with school support. If being in a big market made all the difference then DePaul and the University of Houston would be world beaters.

Just because Augie is in SF doesn't mean that the population will support them. If they did the would have out drawn us when we were all in D-II. They didn't and SF was bigger then Brookings and Vermilion back in the day. Sorry it's a bogus argument.

Leave a comment:

• SoDakJack
    replied

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
    Kansas City is a city of 2 million and no one cares about UMKC.
    That probably has more to do with the fact that there are 2 professional teams in Kansas City.

Leave a comment:

• mr76
    replied

In an ideal scenario where would you like SDSU to be located, in Brookings or Sioux Falls? if you say Brookings your are looking through glasses that are more Jackrabbit blue than they should be. i am not saying Augie will dominate, but if they make this move they will probably receive a $100 plus million donation and are located in a great city, which is a pretty good start.

Leave a comment:

• mr76
    replied

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    Creighton.
    So a Power 5 school? I am not sure about that, but the people who are pushing for a D1 school see the potential of the city and possibly the school. To the response about UMKC, Kansas City has the Royals, Chiefs, and Jayhawks to draw most of the attention. I am sorry but the Coyotes, Jackrabbits, Storm, or Canaries do not have that kind of drawing power so maybe Augie could become relevant as a mid-major.

Leave a comment:

• LakeJack
    replied

Originally posted by mr76 View Post
    The population growth for Sioux Falls is projected to be 5,000 per year for the next 40 years. What would a D1 school with a metro population of 1/2 million look like then?
    Kansas City is a city of 2 million and no one cares about UMKC.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X