X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RabbitObsessed
    replied
    Re: Summit League BBall Transfers

What are Daum's career stats against USD while Mooney had been there?

Leave a comment:

• jacksfan29
    replied
    Re: Bracketology

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
    Is there a certain cut-off date to get a release declared by to be eligable for the next season?
    I am not sure about a cut off date for release, but think the recruiting period follows the regular NCAA recruiting calendar. There is a evaluation period coming up in mid-April. Which may be why Mooney announced when he did.

Leave a comment:

• 98Jackfarmer
    replied

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
    Is there a certain cut-off date to get a release declared by to be eligable for the next season?
    Then he has it if he needs a backup plan?

Leave a comment:

• 98Jackfarmer
    replied

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
    I find it very hard to believe you request a release if you plan to stay.

Leave a comment:

• Justwin
    replied

Originally posted by mnjackrbt View Post
    Sounds like that may not happen, via his twitter he has been granted his release and will be exploring grad transfer options while also not ruling out a return to USD.
    I find it very hard to believe you request a release if you plan to stay.

Leave a comment:

• mnjackrbt
    replied

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
    If Mooney stays, who knows what could happen.
    Sounds like that may not happen, via his twitter he has been granted his release and will be exploring grad transfer options while also not ruling out a return to USD.

Leave a comment:

• jacks1
    replied

Originally posted by Rabbitball View Post
    He averaged over 28ppg in those 6 games
    And 23.5 shots/game to do it...

Leave a comment:

• Rabbitball
    replied

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
    In 6 games vs. SDSU he went 2-4 and his shooting percentage was 44.6%. #perceptionisgreaterthanreality
    He averaged over 28ppg in those 6 games

Leave a comment:

• NebraskaJack
    replied

I thought Daum did a good job of deferring to Jenkins when he had the hot hand. I'm pretty sure he could co-exist with another scorer.

Leave a comment:

• CappinHard
    replied

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    I don't think there is any guarantee he'd be a good fit here. He's definitely good enough but watching him play he seems to want to be the guy. Considering we have Daum and Jenkins, someone would have to be willing to give up some shots. They all may buy-in and do that and things may work just great, but I certainly wouldn't bet the farm on it. The Yankees have proven time and again it's tough to win with an all-star team.
    You're right... the Yankees haven't had any success with putting together a bunch of all stars on the same team.

Seriously though, I agree with the sentiment that people think Mooney wouldn't fit are crazy. If we are serious about becoming a perennial mid major power, we need to be alright with having more than one star on the team. You need to have 2 for sure, sometimes 3 to compete with the big dogs.

Leave a comment:

• jacks1
    replied

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
    He's a phenomenal player. But he ain't transferring to SDSU. That's just crazy. LOL.

I'm sure he's pursuing a bigger school/bigger dream type thing. Otherwise, he'll be back at USD.

He always KILLS the Jackrabbits, in fact I was amazed watching him in their other games of the Summit tourney... I didn't realize that he could actually miss open shots.

Impressive player, good luck to him.
    In 6 games vs. SDSU he went 2-4 and his shooting percentage was 44.6%. #perceptionisgreaterthanreality

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

Whats the situation at Utah State? Might not be the place he wants to go but playing for Smith has been good for both of them and might help Smith out there. Not sure if that would even be an option he would consider.

Leave a comment:

• da_coach
    replied

He's a phenomenal player. But he ain't transferring to SDSU. That's just crazy. LOL.

I'm sure he's pursuing a bigger school/bigger dream type thing. Otherwise, he'll be back at USD.

He always KILLS the Jackrabbits, in fact I was amazed watching him in their other games of the Summit tourney... I didn't realize that he could actually miss open shots.

Impressive player, good luck to him.

Leave a comment:

• yote4life
    replied

Originally posted by goon View Post
    Where is he from again? Illinois?
    He is from Illinois, but he transferred a few times in high school. Some where along the line he spent a year at a Notre Dame prep school.

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
    You guys are insane if you don't think he'd be a good fit. No offense.

But, again, there's no chance he comes here.
    Who would you sit, King or Jenkins ?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X