• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• goon
    replied
    Re: The Wrap up and Pre SLT

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
    Nevermind, I went to the SDSU site, and looked it up. Clint Sargent is career leader with 252. Telly had 192 through 3 seasons, and has 55 this year, for 247. So, he's 5 back.

Daum had 108 in his first two season, and 76 so far this year... so he's at 184.
    wow, that's a close one too. a good tourney and he might have that record for a year assuming daum comes back.

Leave a comment:

• da_coach
    replied

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
    Just a question for the more "stat-inclined"... how many 3's is Reed away from taking the career lead? I know he's close.
    Nevermind, I went to the SDSU site, and looked it up. Clint Sargent is career leader with 252. Telly had 192 through 3 seasons, and has 55 this year, for 247. So, he's 5 back.

Daum had 108 in his first two season, and 76 so far this year... so he's at 184.

Leave a comment:

• da_coach
    replied

Just a question for the more "stat-inclined"... how many 3's is Reed away from taking the career lead? I know he's close.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
    A quote from today's big Argus article about Daum:

He has the option to potentially grad transfer to a big-time program, and while there are certainly many that would be interested (his mother said a handful of Big 10 schools called after former coach Scott Nagy left for Wright State two years ago), Mike's parents don't expect that to happen.
    “We’ve talked about it a little bit,” Michele said. “Mike is very loyal. If Coach Otz says he’s not in the top 30 (draft prospects), I can’t see him leaving Brookings. He’s very committed to the people here and the community. I just don’t see that being an option.”

https://www.argusleader.com/story/sp...nce/376027002/
    What a great article. Thanks Zimmer.

Leave a comment:

• Jackedforlife
    replied

Originally posted by goon View Post
    If I am not mistaken, DJJ needs 26 points to pass Daums freshman scoring mark. assuming we don't get beat out in the first round, that would be very do able. If DJJ can take a step up next year and assuming Daum comes back. That could be a legit 1-2 scoring punch.
    along with the above mentioned, one would think we will be more athletic overall as a team with redshirt freshman coming back. Dillion and Dentlinger will help, losing Telly hurts but overall I think next years team will be athletically more gifted...provided Daum stays.

Leave a comment:

• Southeast
    replied

A quote from today's big Argus article about Daum:

He has the option to potentially grad transfer to a big-time program, and while there are certainly many that would be interested (his mother said a handful of Big 10 schools called after former coach Scott Nagy left for Wright State two years ago), Mike's parents don't expect that to happen.
    “We’ve talked about it a little bit,” Michele said. “Mike is very loyal. If Coach Otz says he’s not in the top 30 (draft prospects), I can’t see him leaving Brookings. He’s very committed to the people here and the community. I just don’t see that being an option.”

https://www.argusleader.com/story/sp...nce/376027002/

Leave a comment:

• Southeast
    replied

Originally posted by goon View Post
    If I am not mistaken, DJJ needs 26 points to pass Daums freshman scoring mark. assuming we don't get beat out in the first round, that would be very do able. If DJJ can take a step up next year and assuming Daum comes back. That could be a legit 1-2 scoring punch.
    Wow, I had no idea DJJ was so close. I didn't think that record would be threatened any time soon. You aren't kidding about their potential given another year together - that team would be loaded. Hopefully that's a major factor Daum is considering as he decides where to play next year.

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    Listening to an interview with Zimmer on KWSN. He believes its highly likely Mike Daum will be back at SDSU for his senior season.
    I am slow in reaction, but this is very good news and am headed to KWSN archives to listen.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    Goosebumps.

Who is the old guy on the right? Douple? if so Sioux Falls has aged him.

Leave a comment:

• SoDakJack
    replied

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
    Agree with that. Daum has a chance at 3,000 career points and a top 10 finish on the all-time NCAA career scoring list.

He's having a blast playing college ball; unless he's a lock for a lottery pick I think he's back.
    Unless he gets info that teams want to see him play more games against higher tier competition to increase his draft stock. Who knows what really goes through a kid's head when you have the future that Mike has..

Leave a comment:

• Jacks-02
    replied

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    Listening to an interview with Zimmer on KWSN. He believes its highly likely Mike Daum will be back at SDSU for his senior season.
    Agree with that. Daum has a chance at 3,000 career points and a top 10 finish on the all-time NCAA career scoring list.

He's having a blast playing college ball; unless he's a lock for a lottery pick I think he's back.

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    SDSU Women and Men did well in conference awards.

Daum: player of the year
    Miller: player of the year
    T.J. Otz: coach of the year
    The rest
    http://www.thesummitleague.org/landing/index

Leave a comment:

• UWMandSDSU
    replied

SDSU Women and Men did well in conference awards.

Daum: player of the year
    Miller: player of the year
    T.J. Otz: coach of the year

Leave a comment:

• Roy
    replied

Just went to Go Jacks All Access to check on baseball and see they are offering WBB and MBB quarter final SL broadcasts on 3/2.

May be a betting opportunity to know the results before Saturday! Go Jacks!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X