2017 Summit Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017 Summit Tournament

The conference POY just made one of the biggest bonehead plays I've seen. Committed an unnecessary foul when up by one with 3 seconds left. After missing two free throws

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
      This is becoming a problem in all of college basketball. They go to the monitor far too often and end up slowing the game way down and in many cases give a team an extra timeout.
      It looked like that IUPUI's coach asked for a review of time left after a foul to basically get an extra time out.

Comment

And then WIU hits a 3 pointer as time expires to send it to overtime.

Comment

This is becoming a problem in all of college basketball. They go to the monitor far too often and end up slowing the game way down and in many cases give a team an extra timeout.
          WOW! IUPUI made both of their free throws to go up by 3 with 2.2 seconds left. WIU calls a timeout to get it on their side of the court, they get a clean look and nail a 3 to put it into OT.

Comment

Why didn't IUPUI foul!?

Comment

If you are the IUPUI player there, why don't you just foul her and make her shoot free throws ?

Comment

WOW! IUPUI made both of their free throws to go up by 3 with 2.2 seconds left. WIU calls a timeout to get it on their side of the court, they get a clean look and nail a 3 to put it into OT.
                Should have paid for a ticket and gone down for this one.
                Rollin' in my 5.0
                With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

That is a clear situation where you foul before the shot if I've ever seen one... WIU would have been out of timeouts and only able to get within 1 on the free throws with less than 2.2 seconds left after a foul. IUPUI stood there and just hoped WIU didn't make a 3. Big mistakes by both teams at the end ended up cancelling out.

Comment

WIU looks like they will salt this away, getting out to a 9 point lead with 2:35 left. I think they will be a better representative in the big dance anyway.

Comment

25 turnovers by IUPUI today.

Comment

Wow. Sounds like people were treated to a great finish.
                        Originally posted by JackFan96
                        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

The ending kinda sucked without any students to rush the court. Just sayin.
                          Rollin' in my 5.0
                          With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                          Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Did Smith get a multiyear?
                            HiresAndFires@D1HiresAndFires Drake opening with have heavy involvement from Craig smith, Brian Jones, and Darian Devries. All 3 names will have a legit shot. #NcaaRumors
                            10:25 PM - 5 Mar 2017
                            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                              Did Smith get a multiyear?
                              HiresAndFires@D1HiresAndFires Drake opening with have heavy involvement from Craig smith, Brian Jones, and Darian Devries. All 3 names will have a legit shot. #NcaaRumors
                              10:25 PM - 5 Mar 2017
                              Multiyear contracts aren't worth the paper they are written on. If the coach wants to leave they are gone. You could only hope for a buyout clause.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
                                Multiyear contracts aren't worth the paper they are written on. If the coach wants to leave they are gone. You could only hope for a buyout clause.
                                I don't know what Drake pays its coach, and yeah, I get it, Drake plays (not well) in MVC, but that doesn't seem like it would be a step up for Coach Smith, but that's just me.
                                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Working...
                                X