2017 Summit Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017 Summit Tournament

Western Illinois survives. Omaha couldn't get a shot off after WIU misses both free throws. Thought it was going to turn exactly how we lost to Omaha.

Comment

Wow,nobody early in shot clock wanted the shot....so they don't even get one with 12 sec on shot clock to start with...wow,not good

Comment

I'm not sure if Omaha could have handled that gift final possession any worse. 11 seconds and no shot! That's going to stick in their heads for a while. Meanwhile, WIU is far from invincible. The threes have to be falling or they are pretty average.

Comment

Man, what a brutal way to lose a game.
          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Coaching mistake? If that no.5 for omaha is afraid to shoot, why have her in at that point? I dont think she had a shot all game. Get your shooters in there!
            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
              Wow,nobody early in shot clock wanted the shot....so they don't even get one with 12 sec on shot clock to start with...wow,not good
              I couldn't believe what I was watching. One would think every player on the floor had the personality to demand the ball and take that last shot but none of the Omaha players could pull the trigger; none had the confidence to shoot in those final 12 seconds. Weird ending. They didn't give themselves a chance..

Comment

Whoever plays W.Ill tomorrow (hopefully us) got to be mindful of 1) Clemens being herself,disruptive (all of the players for them lately) ,pesky is a good word, and her drives to the hoop as well as speed in transition and after she makes steals.2) Blumer ,good defending the paint,pretty good scorer.They have a pretty good post presence ,but she can't be everywhere in the paint,find cutters 3)Can't over emphasis their perimeter shooting ,that's just about as bad as completely ignoring it,they don't always shoot lights out,as we saw today...if they do hit some,don't let it creep into your head and be more concerned about making your points to counter.That's the most important thing,keep scoring,don't worry if they get hot,cause it's possible at certain times they will hit some ,jus counter with your scoring and keep doing what's working.

Comment

To W.Ill credit,they played a heck of a defense the last 12 sec of the game.The more Omaha passed the ball , the worse their shot became.That kind of flies in the face of "pass the ball around and get a better shot" symdrome....their best shot was their first open shot,period.Easy to say in hindsight.

Comment

I'm sure most of you have heard, but I thought I would put it here anyways.

11,235 people watched the Jackrabbits take down usd, breaking the all-time single-session record. The previous record was the same match-up a couple years ago in the semis, also a SDSU win. Great job Jackrabbit Nation! Also, great reason right there for the Tournament to never leave Sioux Falls!
                    Rollin' in my 5.0
                    With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                    Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

The ride home was enough for Cremeans.
                      http://www.denverpioneers.com/sports...030717aab.html
                      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Despite a Dakota-less final:

21,092 is the final total for the 2017 women's tournament (4th all-time).

Comment

Wow... IUPUI was down by 4 with 10 seconds left and they just banked in a 3. WIU shooting FTs, up by 1 with 7.7 seconds.

Comment

Not impressed with all the official stoppages seemingly every game....the scorers and clock people need to do better.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                              Wow... IUPUI was down by 4 with 10 seconds left and they just banked in a 3. WIU shooting FTs, up by 1 with 7.7 seconds.
                              WIU misses both FTs on a double bonus, then IUPUI is bringing the ball down court and WIU fouls!?!?! with 3.7 seconds left. Terrible mistake.

IUPUI hits both, leads by 1 with 3.7 seconds left.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                                Not impressed with all the official stoppages seemingly every game....the scorers and clock people need to do better.
                                This is becoming a problem in all of college basketball. They go to the monitor far too often and end up slowing the game way down and in many cases give a team an extra timeout.

Comment

Working...
                                X