Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017 Summit Tournament

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I don't know what Drake pays its coach, and yeah, I get it, Drake plays (not well) in MVC, but that doesn't seem like it would be a step up for Coach Smith, but that's just me.
    Former coach, who resigned this past Dec., was making around $400,000-$450,000. Coach Smith is making $195,700.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
      Former coach, who resigned this past Dec., was making around $400,000-$450,000. Coach Smith is making $195,700.
      Well I would maybe consider it then.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

"Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Yeah MVC coaches make a good chunk more than most (all) Summit coaches do. It's an area the Summit will eventually have to catch up in to catch the MVC. Plus I would say raising Drake up in the MVC probably gives you a better shot at a P5 job than the Summit. Not saying you can't do it in the Summit at all, there's still more prestige to the MVC as it is, even when Wichita State leaves, at least for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

I can't see him leaving now. He just got the team he wanted put together and had a disappointing end to the season. He's gonna be back and ready to lead usd to the championship game.
            Rollin' in my 5.0
            With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
            Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

I have to believe Smith will want to stay at least one more year to see what he can do with this team. They are built to win the Summit. However $500k would be impossible to turn down. I think USD will have to give him a big raise, TJ makes $300K and Nielsen makes $255k, it seems like Smith should be in the high 200s

LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                I have to believe Smith will want to stay at least one more year to see what he can do with this team. They are built to win the Summit. However $500k would be impossible to turn down. I think USD will have to give him a big raise, TJ makes $300K and Nielsen makes $255k, it seems like Smith should be in the high 200s

If opportunity knocks........

Comment

I believe Smith Stays.

However, if they offer him double his current salary... he has no allegiance to USD (didn't graduate/"come up" there), he came from Miles, who is in the Big10(not the MVC).

I have to believe he would at least listen. But as I said, I think he stays.

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
                    I can't see him leaving now. He just got the team he wanted put together and had a disappointing end to the season. He's gonna be back and ready to lead usd to the championship game.
                    I think I can see him moving on. Just a short move to Des Moines from Vermillion. It all started at Mayville State a few years back and stepping up seems to be in his blood. This is my gut reaction. Lots of details to work out. Drake maybe is looking further into higher mid majors for a candidates. Those mentioned may not even get an interview.

Comment

Awesome video recapping the SLT. I don't think I'll ever watch Orris hit that jumper without getting chills. Plus King's 2 huge blocks in the USD and Omaha games were awesome.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JIbG97GF_Ys

Comment

Whoa...TreShawn Thurman transferring from UNO per various media outlets.
                        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                          Would he be a graduate transfer? I guess that's assuming he redshirted at some point. I don't really see this being worth it, but I suppose you look at how things worked out for Hess and Orris.....

Tough loss for Omaha, especially losing a guy from their own city, but he has to do what he thinks is best for him.
                          Rollin' in my 5.0
                          With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                          Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                            He would look good wearing blue.

Comment

That is a 3 starter hole for the Mavs. There is a post SLT interview with Coach Hansen on this article too.
                              http://www.omaha.com/uno/mens-basket...2680cb6e8.html
                              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
                                Would he be a graduate transfer? I guess that's assuming he redshirted at some point. I don't really see this being worth it, but I suppose you look at how things worked out for Hess and Orris.....

Tough loss for Omaha, especially losing a guy from their own city, but he has to do what he thinks is best for him.
                                He appears to be a regular junior in the bio.
                                http://www.omavs.com/ViewArticle.dbm...B_OEM_ID=31400
                                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
                                X