A couple of USD women stories.
    http://siouxcityjournal.com/sports/b...b3633c392.html
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mzf8...-subs_digest-g

Leave a comment:

• Southeast
    replied
    Re: Summit League Preseason 2015-16

Happy basketball season!

Football is fun and all, but this is my time of year when it comes to sports. I'm looking forward to seeing the two teams develop and get rolling.

Leave a comment:

• jackdaniel
    replied

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
    I would agree with this. Although I only saw Duffy play HS ball, and not college level...so she was going against lower competition than Contreras.

Duffy in one of the best SD Girls players I've seen. She and Seekamp give the Coyotes a very potent combination on the wings. Similar to what the Jackrabbits had the past two years with Keri Young and Waytashek. 2 Wing players who can shoot, handle, and finish. Both very difficult to handle one on one. And have nice size at the wing position.

The Coyotes are no joke. Coach Williams has done a wonderful job too. I'd almost consider them "co-favorites". They will be good.
    Duffy's younger sister comitted to the U also,might be even better than her older sister (Ciara Duffy (sp?))She's 6'1 or 6'0 and can handle the ball well ,had BCS school offers I believe.They will play together for the first time since HS Caitlyns Sr year (2016)

AJ's got someone nipping at his heels,but I'm sure we can continue to lead the pack(pun) The Yotes will have a deep bench of very good players still developing, just as we do. Looks like the Yotes will be a presence for the foreseeable future at least.

It's a good thing someone will push us in conference play to keep getting better,as long as we can stay ahead of course.Coach Williams has done a fantastic job of building the program up for USD.
    Last edited by jackdaniel; 10-28-2015, 11:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• da_coach
    replied

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
    I haven't seen her play since high school, but from what I saw, I'd bet she is a better shooter than Contreras. Duffy is good, very good.
    I would agree with this. Although I only saw Duffy play HS ball, and not college level...so she was going against lower competition than Contreras.

Duffy in one of the best SD Girls players I've seen. She and Seekamp give the Coyotes a very potent combination on the wings. Similar to what the Jackrabbits had the past two years with Keri Young and Waytashek. 2 Wing players who can shoot, handle, and finish. Both very difficult to handle one on one. And have nice size at the wing position.

The Coyotes are no joke. Coach Williams has done a wonderful job too. I'd almost consider them "co-favorites". They will be good.

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
    I haven't seen her play since high school, but from what I saw, I'd bet she is a better shooter than Contreras. Duffy is good, very good.
    The yotes also have 6'4" transfer that is eligible this year to help in the middle. She did not have big numbers at American. They have a JC transfer as well. Severyn will probably need to wait until next year to play. Williams is improving the roster. Meanwhile, AJ and crew seem to be keeping up in the talent arena. It will be interesting to see how the freshmen contribute this year.

Leave a comment:

• ringthebells
    replied

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
    I think the men's team will be fine. LA is a huge loss for NDSU. IMO LA beat SDSU by himself in the championship game. He was clutch for them all season long. I don't think AJ will be able to do what LA did this upcoming season. Dupree and Brown will have to step up big time for them this season and make some outside shots. That being said it still should come down to SDSU/NDSU for the NCAA tournament berth. I think this season will be like the 2012-2013 season.

I'm more nervous for the women's team. I don't know what to expect out of USD. They will be good but how good? The loss of Contreras is big but they have Duffy (transfer from CSU) eligible to replace her. I don't know what to expect out of her. I hope that she isn't as good as a shooter as Contreras was. All I know is that it will be another SDSU/USD showdown at the Denny come March.

Leave a comment:

• SanDakotaState
    replied

I think the men's team will be fine. LA is a huge loss for NDSU. IMO LA beat SDSU by himself in the championship game. He was clutch for them all season long. I don't think AJ will be able to do what LA did this upcoming season. Dupree and Brown will have to step up big time for them this season and make some outside shots. That being said it still should come down to SDSU/NDSU for the NCAA tournament berth. I think this season will be like the 2012-2013 season.

I'm more nervous for the women's team. I don't know what to expect out of USD. They will be good but how good? The loss of Contreras is big but they have Duffy (transfer from CSU) eligible to replace her. I don't know what to expect out of her. I hope that she isn't as good as a shooter as Contreras was. All I know is that it will be another SDSU/USD showdown at the Denny come March.

Leave a comment:

• Southeast
    replied

Originally posted by jack power View Post
    Got a chuckle out of their description of Dexter Werner.
    Me too. The guy is fun to watch though. He looks top-heavy and on the verge of out of control but makes some great plays. He's the type of guy that would be fun to root for if he did not play for NDSU.

It's awesome having both SDSU basketball teams opening up as league favorites. We're pretty fortunate. Hopefully they deliver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• jack power
    replied

Originally posted by goon View Post
    hard to argue with it though.
    Very true. haha

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

Originally posted by jack power View Post
    hard to argue with it though.

Leave a comment:

• jack power
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SanDakotaState
    replied

NBC Sports take on the Summit League

http://collegebasketball.nbcsports.c...the-way-again/

Leave a comment:

• Kemo
    replied

Summit League Media Day Teleconference is available now on the conference website:

http://www.thesummitleague.org/sport...bball_mediaday

Leave a comment:

• GopherHole
    replied

I'm afraid we may be saying the same thing about A.J. Jacobson....

Fortunately, Reed Tellinghuisen will likely be getting the same attention from opponents.

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
    Agreed, just like Dominique Morrison a couple years back.
    Or Ceola Clark who may have finished his PHD at WIU.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X