Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AJ comment at Mitchell QB Club last Wednesday...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: AJ comment at Mitchell QB Club last Wednesday...

I would love to grab NMSU and I bet adding them would make Denver happier.

Not sure about the others. I don't really see ULAR as an option though, I think that ship has sailed.

Comment

UALR
      ORU
      UMKC
      NMSU

Book it.
      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
        UALR
        ORU
        UMKC
        NMSU

Book it.
        I doubt ORU would leave the Southland. They've been waiting a long time to get into that conference and it fits their footprint better in terms of fans and recruiting.

UMKC would be a no as well. They're going to be hosting the WAC basketball tournaments-why would they give that up?

Little Rock would be good, but there's no real travel partner to put them with.

New Mexico State would be a good fit as a travel partner for Denver. Not keen on the whole three time zones thing, but it would better fit our footprint.

I'd like to see a Minnesota school get in (St. Cloud State or MSU-Mankato), as well as North Dakota. It'd be nice to tighten up our geographic footprint a bit.
        I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

I'm not sure we want to encourage any more D-II schools in the region to convert to D-!. It would just add to recruiting and fundraising competition. Let's stick to wooing existing D-1 programs.
          This space for lease.

Comment

NMSU is 670 miles and almost 10 hours dive time from Denver. It's on the Mexican border. That is an awfully long way from anywhere, including Denver.
            "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
            "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

ORU would almost be worth it just to see the reaction of their fanbase.
              Originally posted by JackFan96
              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                NMSU is 670 miles and almost 10 hours dive time from Denver. It's on the Mexican border. That is an awfully long way from anywhere, including Denver.
                Only 50 miles/1 hour from the airport. Kind of like the Jacks flying out of Sioux Falls, or teams flying into Sioux Falls. (I assume they fly into Sioux Falls...) Also note that DU is 30 miles from Denver's airport, since DIA is way the heck out of town.

But yeah, NMSU would be a huge outlier in our conference.

Comment

NKU would be a good one. I think we may see some openings in the MVFC in the next few years, which would allow for some new FB members into the Summit

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
                    It is fun to speculate, and as we have seen before there can be lots of surprises or no changes at all.
                    Yes it is fun to speculate, but something in the back of my mind keeps asking when are these conference raids going to end and when are these institutions ever satisfied with their piece of the Big Dance pie? This seems to get more vicious with each conference jump. I note your comment about the Horizon being weaken. I have no idea what is going on there but if its weaken, then maybe Oakland and Coach Kampe will welcome back the blizzards of the Dakota's. Imagine that.

Its all about money. I do trust what AJ is saying so hopefully we stay out of the money chase and the Summit becomes stronger. Who knows maybe Northern is going D1.

Comment

Don't rule out ORU coming back. I know they wanted in the Southland, but while I have no hard information, I do have a reasonable source that indicated they made an inquiry to the conference as to the possibility of their getting back to the Summit.

Comment

Even though I would have liked to had more teams in the Summit, it seems that we are making positive strides. Denver and UNO were good for the basketball which is the premier sport here. I understand that baseball can be a good draw as well for a school like ORU(who also still has soccer here.) Douple and the ADs have done a good job of bringing quality schools to the league. Adding 4 good schools would be the big shot in the arm for this conference. 2-3 additions would be a good survival mode. If there would be multiple additions, then would we need to wait for all schools to be announced at once or would there be a trail of announcements?
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I just did a little checking, of the 11 possible D-1 schools mentioned so far, 9 have baseball programs, they are Belmont, NMSU, Oral Roberts, UALR, Milwaukee, UNC UND, E. Illinois, and Edwardsville. Only Green Bay and UMKC do not. So if multiple teams from this group actually do join, the baseball situation would be addressed.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                            Don't rule out ORU coming back. I know they wanted in the Southland, but while I have no hard information, I do have a reasonable source that indicated they made an inquiry to the conference as to the possibility of their getting back to the Summit.
                            Ditto. I would love having ORU back.
                            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                              Ditto. I would love having ORU back.
                              Me too. That said,with as important as baseball is to them i have serious doubts it will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                                Me too. That said,with as important as baseball is to them i have serious doubts it will happen.
                                But they have not made the NCAA tourney in baseball since they left, so playing in a tough conference has its draw backs. ORU is use to winning conference championships and when they don't win them, the fans begin to question the program.
                                (\__/)
                                (='.'=)
                                (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Working...
                                X