X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rabbit74
    replied
    Re: Summit Travel Partners

I predict that by that time, UALR is in the Summit and they and ORU are travel partners and UMKC is paired with USD and XDSU's are travel partners.
    Last edited by Rabbit74; 11-04-2010, 12:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TeaJackrabbit
    replied

I have put zero thought into this and am not gonna start tonight. ;o) But with USD and UMKC still the southern-most of the Dakota/UMKC schools you wonder what will happen. UMKC and Verm are just 4 hours apart. I know UMKC and Tulsa are some 2-3 hours apart. I guess in the end it won't be 100% fair for everyone so we need to look at cost. I just wish wish UND were still on board but they made their own bed holding to the nickname for so long. Good luck in the BS Flickertails, you will definetly need it. Thank You for taking Cedar City with you!

A 3 game road swing (Example: USD on Thurs, SDSU on Sat and NDSU on Mon) would most likely be way too unfair for the non-Dakota schools. The Dakota trip is already brutal enough. Maybe you can rotate it every year. One year it's UMKC/ORU...SDSU/NDSU and USD is by itself. The next it's UMKC/USD...SDSU/NDSU and ORU is by itself. The next it's ORU/ UMKC...USD/SDSU and NDSU is by itself, and so on...

Leave a comment:

• Hoopsdude18
    replied

Good thoughts. For next year (obviously including SUU still) they have UMKC and USD as travel partners, which is about 314 miles. And then ORU and SUU.

Not that this means anything at all, but the idea you propose seems pretty rational to me. Especially considering that NDSU airport nugget.

Leave a comment:

• Jacks-02
    started a topic Summit Travel Partners

Summit Travel Partners

So what do people think the new travel partner setups will be now that we've had the shakeout with SUU leaving and USD entering?

Here's my take.

SDSU/USD 116 Miles
    UMKC/ORU 244 Miles
    IUPUI/WIU 261 Miles
    IPFW/OU 212 Miles
    NDSU

Rotating schedule with NDSU the as the lone wolf who would play whatever travel partners are going head to head for the week. Could see it with USD instead of NDSU, but just makes more sense for NDSU to be alone since they have the closest decent sized airport of the 3 Dakota schools.
Working...
X