Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Justwin
    replied
    I'm curious why people think we need to be in one conference for all sports.

Leave a comment:

• Mr_Tibbs
    replied
    I really do like the Valley, but I think if there’s a way to start Summit Football, we should do it. I know the FBS thing is out there too and I won’t go down that rabbit hole. I wish that UNI/ISUr/MSU would prioritize football and join the Summit, but that will never happen. The best we can hope for is the 4 Dakotas, UNC, UST, and maybe WIU.

We need to get back to an all sports conference and a nine team football league. The Valley proved this past spring that FCS football isn’t a commitment for them and when you have a championship caliber program (like we do), we need to be with like minded schools.

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied
    Would be interesting to know how SDSU voted. The NDSU president came out today that he voted no. Saw a tweet that the two XDSU's, USD and one other school did not tweet out welcome messages today.

Leave a comment:

• jakejc795
    replied
    Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post

honestly, we’re always going to get the tough teams anyhow so it doesn’t much matter I guess. I’d rather play a tougher schedule to prepare than play the cupcake one.
    Injuries would be among my primary concerns. Maybe my despisal of teams like the Bison, Panthers, and 'Yotes is clouding my perception, but the style of play increases the risk of injury, and I'd hate for the "East Division" winner to consistently advance and/or be seeded higher due to a disparity in injuries.

Leave a comment:

• Jackedforlife
    replied
    Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

"Uneven;" I'll say. The Jacks will get NDSU and UNI while Youngstown gets teams like the Sycamores and 'Necks
    honestly, we’re always going to get the tough teams anyhow so it doesn’t much matter I guess. I’d rather play a tougher schedule to prepare than play the cupcake one.

Leave a comment:

• filbert
    replied
    The obvious six-team divisions are:
    East
    Youngstown State
    Indiana State
    Illinois State
    Western Illinois
    Southern Illinois
    Murray State

West
    North Dakota
    North Dakota State
    South Dakota
    South Dakota State
    Missouri State
    Northern Iowa

Leave a comment:

• jakejc795
    replied
    Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
    Yuck. They will be the doormat of the league. Get ready for uneven schedules now similar to what is in the Big Sky
    "Uneven;" I'll say. The Jacks will get NDSU and UNI while Youngstown gets teams like the Sycamores and 'Necks

Leave a comment:

• YanktonJack7
    replied
    Yuck. They will be the doormat of the league. Get ready for uneven schedules now similar to what is in the Big Sky

Leave a comment:

• sdsurulz08
    replied
    Announcement tomorrow that Murray State is officially joining the MVFC, effective 2023 https://twitter.com/SamHerderFCS/sta...L4BU9EiyOnMa5g

Leave a comment:

• Prairiehaas
    replied
    I would think Murray State would be better fit in ASUN or SoCon as opposed to getting kicked around in the MVFC. That is unless they plan to upgrade the program to compete for playoff spots and a championship.

Leave a comment:

• Grizzled_Jack
    replied
    Answered my own question. Lindenwood arrives in 22, Murray leaves in 23.

Leave a comment:

• Grizzled_Jack
    started a topic Murray State in '22?

Murray State in '22?

Since Lindenwood is going into the OVC this fall, I assume they're slotting into Murray State's schedule. Does that get Murray State into the MVFC this year?
Working...
X