Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MVFC Wk 5 (11-2-19)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MVFC Wk 5 (11-2-19)

    Western Illinois gets its first win: in Macomb, USD 34, WIU 38.

    In Normal, iL: UNI 27, IL State 10.

    In Terre Haute: SIU 23, IN State 14

    NDSU at YSU kickoff is 5:00 p.m.

    With 6:07 left, SDSU 35, MSU 7.
    Last edited by JackJD; 11-02-2019, 04:00 PM.

  • #2
    Re: MVFC Wk 5 (11-2-19)

    After USD's last score and PAT, USD called for a personal foul. WIU starts on their 41 with just enough time to score.

    And they did.

    Without the personal foul, WiU has too much turf to cover and not enough time...USD could have taken the squeaker and gotten the heck out of town. But, the foul throws in a huge clinker and WIU capitalizes on it.

    Coach Bob, sans red tie, last seen hitchhiking west through the Quad Cities.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: MVFC Wk 5 (11-2-19)

      Final: SDSU 35, MSU 14.

      With 10:42 on the clock in the first quarter, NDSU 7, YSU 0.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: MVFC Wk 5 (11-2-19)

        Originally posted by JackJD View Post
        After USD's last score and PAT, USD called for a personal foul. WIU starts on their 41 with just enough time to score.

        And they did.

        Without the personal foul, WiU has too much turf to cover and not enough time...USD could have taken the squeaker and gotten the heck out of town. But, the foul throws in a huge clinker and WIU capitalizes on it.

        Coach Bob, sans red tie, last seen hitchhiking west through the Quad Cities.
        Two personal fouls at the end of the game cost USD the win. A very poor performance.
        LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: MVFC Wk 5 (11-2-19)

          NDSU 56, YSU 17



          Ouch

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: MVFC Wk 5 (11-2-19)

            Per the box score NDSU only ran 45 plays.
            You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: MVFC Wk 5 (11-2-19)

              Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
              Per the box score NDSU only ran 45 plays.
              I donít think anyone will come close for the next 10 years.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: MVFC Wk 5 (11-2-19)

                YSU qb Nathan Mays went down with a broken leg and dislocated ankle. Reports were it was not pretty.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: MVFC Wk 5 (11-2-19)

                  May's injury happened when he slide awkwardly and his foot got twisted under him, very ugly and too bad for him to end his career that way. YSU looks to have a good one in the true freshman though who has 1 game left to play in his 4 for this year. I think he will be the future, last years OH football athlete of the year
                  BISON FOOTBALL

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: MVFC Wk 5 (11-2-19)

                    Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                    YSU qb Nathan Mays went down with a broken leg and dislocated ankle. Reports were it was not pretty.
                    Iíd be interested in another take. The play is 30 minutes into the replay. Mays slides fairly late but still takes contact and gets ripped to the side leading to the injury. Donít like the play. Reminds me of the late shot TC took in the playoff game last year.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: MVFC Wk 5 (11-2-19)

                      Originally posted by JackAttack44 View Post
                      Iíd be interested in another take. The play is 30 minutes into the replay. Mays slides fairly late but still takes contact and gets ripped to the side leading to the injury. Donít like the play. Reminds me of the late shot TC took in the playoff game last year.
                      That is NOT a dirty play. If the qb is going to slide they need to do it soon enough to give the defender time to not hit him. Same with TC in last years playoff game. Didn't slide early enough and got hit.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: MVFC Wk 5 (11-2-19)

                        Originally posted by westernjack View Post
                        That is NOT a dirty play. If the qb is going to slide they need to do it soon enough to give the defender time to not hit him. Same with TC in last years playoff game. Didn't slide early enough and got hit.
                        Fair enough. I thought it was questionable, so I appreciate the perspective there. Definitely not trying to campaign for a dirty program.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: MVFC Wk 5 (11-2-19)

                          MVFC home attendence through November 2, 2019 (Week 5 -- conference games only)

                          * = Homecoming
                          Home Home
                          TEAM 5-Oct 12-Oct 19-Oct 26-Oct 2-Nov Total Average
                          IL ST 13,391 8,510 6,705 28,606 9,535.3
                          IN ST 7,243 4,642 4,110 15,995 5,331.7
                          MSU 5,784 6,583 5,108 17,475 5,825.0
                          NDSU 18,178 18,252 36,430 18,215.0
                          UNI 10,137 10,201 20,338 10,169.0
                          USD 5,255 4,734 9,989 4,994.5
                          SDSU 13,776 19,371 33,147 16,573.5
                          SIU 5,525 7,670 13,195 6,597.5
                          WIU 3,149 2,984 1,728 7,861 2,620.3
                          YSU 12,381 10,437 11,102 33,920 11,306.7
                          MVFC Total 216,956

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: MVFC Wk 5 (11-2-19)

                            Home game averages for MVFC games (as of Nov 3, some schools have hosted two, others have hosted three), ranked in order:

                            School (games) Average

                            NDSU (2) 18,215
                            SDSU (2) 16,574
                            YSU (3) 11,307
                            UNI (2) 10,169
                            Illinois State (3) 9,535
                            SIU (2) 6,598
                            MSU (3) 5,825
                            Indiana State (3) 5,332
                            USD (2) 4,995
                            WIU (3) 2,620

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: MVFC Wk 5 (11-2-19)

                              Originally posted by JackAttack44 View Post
                              Iíd be interested in another take. The play is 30 minutes into the replay. Mays slides fairly late but still takes contact and gets ripped to the side leading to the injury. Donít like the play. Reminds me of the late shot TC took in the playoff game last year.
                              lol...yeah purely a target of NDSU to take out a QB that is struggling anyways, my god pettiness. Think what you want but that was not what happened
                              BISON FOOTBALL

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X