• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tjbison
    replied
    Re: NDSU/UND rivalry resurrection!

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
    The people that should be pissed about losing money are the business owners in Fargo. I know there were a lot of people that were in Brookings for the SDSU/USD game that had no intention of going to the game. They just showed up for the tailgate, watch the game at the bar, and hangout afterwards. I'm sure the same would apply to the NDSU/UND game.
    Not really most und grads move to fargo, here all the time

Leave a comment:

• ringthebells
    replied

The people that should be pissed about losing money are the business owners in Fargo. I know there were a lot of people that were in Brookings for the SDSU/USD game that had no intention of going to the game. They just showed up for the tailgate, watch the game at the bar, and hangout afterwards. I'm sure the same would apply to the NDSU/UND game.

Leave a comment:

• slosho
    replied

Post deleted

Leave a comment:

• TransAmBison
    replied

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    In those socalled sellouts, I bet I could find an empty seat on the 50 yard line. I do believe in moon landings and indoor plumbing I don't know how I would do with out. I clean my bathroom regularly.
    No doubt, there are empty seats in sellouts...but the point is the seats were sold once...and they can only be sold once (by the University that is). No more money can be made. That lost revenue from the beginning was due to UN_. They even held a press conference about it.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    The only ticket revenue being lost is at UN_ and that is good. It has no effect on NDSU ticket revenue at this point. Early on, it would have but a non issue now thus why NDSU drove a hard bargain.

Only reason NDSU agreed is they are struggling getting folks to come to Fargo.

So, i do not follow your logic unless your are talking about the past.
    WELL DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I was speaking of the past. Yes I know tickets have went fast for the Bison games. In all honesty the last time I was in the Alerus, which was in the spring of 2008, to listen to President Obama, the place looked a little run down. It was not as impressive as it was in 2002, when SDSU played their. But you got admit that NDSU vs UND beats playing Weber or Incarnate Word and you end up with the same amount of ticket revenue.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Nidaros is a skeptical soul. Moon landings and indoor plumbing are things he does not necessarily believe in either.
    In those socalled sellouts, I bet I could find an empty seat on the 50 yard line. All those corporate people do not always show. I do believe in moon landings and indoor plumbing I don't know how I would do with out iy. I clean my bathroom regularly BTW.

Leave a comment:

• TransAmBison
    replied

The only ticket revenue being lost is at UN_ and that is good. It has no effect on NDSU ticket revenue at this point. Early on, it would have but a non issue now thus why NDSU drove a hard bargain.

Nidaros is a skeptical soul. Moon landings and indoor plumbing are things he does not necessarily believe in either.

Leave a comment:

• THEsocalledfan
    replied

Revenue lost during the years of no games played such as years 2004-2014. Now go figure. Yes I know all about the socalled sell outs.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Bison sell out every game. What revenue is being lost at NDSU?
    Revenue lost during the years of no games played such as years 2004-2014. Now go figure. Yes I know all about the socalled sell outs.

Leave a comment:

• THEsocalledfan
    replied

I can't argue with that. Think of all the lost ticket revenue since 2003, the last time they played
    Bison sell out every game. What revenue is being lost at NDSU?

Leave a comment:

• rabidrabbit
    replied

IF Jacks ever play Montana again in non playoff football, don't you think SDSU would demand something similar?

NDSU was willing to play UND, but UND REALLY said NO!!!!, and twisted the knife about no (from the Bison perspective). If UND wants to get this non conference rivalry going, Bison are going to make UND squirm into it.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
    Absolutely. Should play every year.
    I can't argue with that. Think of all the lost ticket revenue since 2003, the last time they played

Leave a comment:

• NoVaJack
    replied

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
    Wow. About the only thing UND gets out of this deal is the opportunity to beat NDSU in its home dome. The two schools really should play more often.
    Absolutely. Should play every year.

Leave a comment:

• Jacked_Up
    replied

Wow. About the only thing UND gets out of this deal is the opportunity to beat NDSU in its home dome. The two schools really should play more often.

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied

Originally posted by jack power View Post
    Back in February Taylor offers them 2 games in Fargo for $380,000 and they turn it down.Now,Faison accepts an offer of 2 games in Fargo for $265,000 and no promise of a return game in GF? What a shrewd negotiator.
    Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X