X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JackJD
    replied
    From some guy name Simon Holland on Istagram:

So we don't go to restaurants, kids aren't signed up for anything, and we are just staying home during spring break? Sounds like my childhood.

Leave a comment:

• JackJD
    replied
    Seen on the internet in this day of 'shelter in place':

Y'ALL MARRIED PEOPLE HOLDING UP OK? I HAVEN'T SEEN "I'M SO BLESSED" OR "HE'S MY EVERYTHING" IN A WHILE....

Leave a comment:

• Southeast
    replied
    I’m still working, though the job barely resembles what it normally would this time of year. I’m a Federal employee and the feds (at least in my department) are taking social distancing very seriously. It’s nice to have that luxury.

My wife is in the healthcare field and will be headed out on an overnight shift at the hospital in a couple hours. She’s coming in contact with suspected and confirmed COVID patients pretty much every time she goes in. That makes me more than a little nervous since I have asthma. Those healthcare workers deserve a lot of credit though - and don’t limit it to just “doctors and nurses”.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied
    I being 78, no longer work. I have a compromised immune system and diabetes. If I catch a wiff of this virus, it is most likely curtains. Staying home enjoying SDPT and other.

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied
    Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    So how's everyone doing during this whole thing? Pretty crazy times.

I know I miss live sports a ton but am thankful I'm still employed. Our entire company (6-7k employees) has been working from home for about a month now. It's going extremely well. Our IT department did an amazing job setting things up to handle everyone working remotely.

Hope everyone is healthy and we can get back to "normal" lives soon. Also, a big thank you to our first responders and healthcare workers. Incredibly stressful times for those folks.
    As far as sports go I am taking full advantage of the free replays on mlb.tv. helps get my baseball fix and a little normalcy.

I work I healthcare in SF but its over the phone and our office has like less then 10 people at a time anyway. If it gets crazy could get set up to work from home but with 4 kids and a wife home it would prove basically worthless. Frankly most people I know are still working. Hopefully those affected health and economically wise get the help they need. I will admit I hope they open hair salons and barber shops soon. My son and I are due, but clearly not end of the world.

The hard part has been still working fulltime, grad school, now kids out of school helping them with school work. Are kids are pretty bummed out no more school, sports, camps etc since most everything has been cancelled. My 3rd grader doesnt care to listen to his new home school teachers. Kindergartener just needs more help to complete assignments.

Leave a comment:

• MontanaRabbit
    replied
    So how's everyone doing during this whole thing? Pretty crazy times.

I know I miss live sports a ton but am thankful I'm still employed. Our entire company (6-7k employees) has been working from home for about a month now. It's going extremely well. Our IT department did an amazing job setting things up to handle everyone working remotely.

Hope everyone is healthy and we can get back to "normal" lives soon. Also, a big thank you to our first responders and healthcare workers. Incredibly stressful times for those folks.

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jakejc795
    replied
    Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    That's revolting, so is the best case scenario for her image that she was forced to use the C-store paper towels because the citywide TP stock was depleted?

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied

Leave a comment:

• West-River_Jack
    replied
    Try again.

Just hope your house doesn't get TP'd. The taxable value will go up by six figures.

Leave a comment:

• JackJD
    replied
    Try again....

How long is this social distancing supposed to last? My wife keeps trying to come into the house.

another try...

They said a mask and gloves were enough to go to the grocery store.
    They lied,
    Everybody else had clothes on.
    Last edited by JackJD; 03-22-2020, 11:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JackJD
    replied
    Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post

That should be Below the Belt for a fan board administrator!
    Stand-up comedy may not be my forte'. I won't give up my day job.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X