X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JimmieTuba
    replied
    Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    . I wore a mask. I doubt if it did any good .
    Per the CDC recommendation - masks are to prevent asymptomatic people from spreading the virus. You need to be wearing something with a filter (N95 mask) in order for the mask to prevent you from inhaling an airborne droplet of this virus. Those types of masks should be donated to your local health places due to shortages. Unless you are in the at risk areas, then keep them for yourself.

-all of the above suggestions are just that suggestions. Do what you feel is best for you and your family.

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied

My childhood was big time when you got to go to VOLGA on Saturday night and watch a dated movie featuring Randolf Scott shown at the City Auditoruim. I shall never forget those hard chairs that we sat on. Sometimes grocery shopping in Brookings was a super highlight. None of the present reminds me of those days because i am inching near the end, and back then was dab into heading towards adulthood. Different stages and different reactions.
    This is the example of how so many people have different expectations than earlier generations. It has always been a push for improving the next generation's economic, social, personal fulfillment, or fill in the blank situation. It has become a tremendous adjustment to change course for even a short time. Grocery shopping may again be a highlight for some when the days for social distancing relax again. For the time being we should appreciate those that continue to bring food and health care to our communities during these uncertain and unfamiliar times.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied
    Originally posted by OldHare View Post

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_Richards
    He was contemporary of the Beach Boys
    Thank you I have never followed the Rolling Stones, I lost interesting following the Beatles. Different age group I suppose.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied
    Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    From some guy name Simon Holland on Istagram:

So we don't go to restaurants, kids aren't signed up for anything, and we are just staying home during spring break? Sounds like my childhood.
    My childhood was big time when you got to go to VOLGA on Saturday night and watch a dated movie featuring Randolf Scott shown at the City Auditoruim. I shall never forget those hard chairs that we sat on. Sometimes grocery shopping in Brookings was a super highlight. None of the present reminds me of those days because i am inching near the end, and back then was dab into heading towards adulthood. Different stages and different reactions.

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied

Do i know him? The name is familiar.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_Richards
    He was contemporary of the Beach Boys

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied
    Originally posted by Southeast View Post
    I suppose most agree, but declaring the economy “open” and having people confidently return to normal life are two very different things. You won’t get the second one until things quiet way down on the COVID front, no matter what any politician tells you.
    I can not disagree. I took a risk going to Dollar General at Lake Poinsett yesterday. I wore a mask. I doubt if it did any good .

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied
    Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    For those who cannot recall
    this Keith Richards
    Do i know him? The name is familiar.

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied

For those who cannot recall
    this Keith Richards

Leave a comment:

• Southeast
    replied
    I suppose most agree, but declaring the economy “open” and having people confidently return to normal life are two very different things. You won’t get the second one until things quiet way down on the COVID front, no matter what any politician tells you.

Leave a comment:

• jacksfan29
    replied
    Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

I'm not sure what the right answer is, but at some point things have to open back up. If we stay like this for too long, the post Covid world is going to be a lot worse off than if we just let this virus "run it's course" so to speak.

Agree. I think we need to see some of the economy re-open at the end of April with a lot more by mid-June. If we don't I expect this will not end well, and I'm not talking about the virus.

Leave a comment:

• MontanaRabbit
    replied
    Originally posted by Justwin View Post

I'm afraid this could make a marathon look like a sprint.
    I'm not sure what the right answer is, but at some point things have to open back up. If we stay like this for too long, the post Covid world is going to be a lot worse off than if we just let this virus "run it's course" so to speak.

Leave a comment:

• Justwin
    replied
    Trying to come up with a replacement for "It's a marathon, not a sprint". I've heard that from at least five public officials speaking on TV in the past 24 hours. So worn out.
    I'm afraid this could make a marathon look like a sprint.

Leave a comment:

• JimmieTuba
    replied
    Trying to come up with a replacement for "It's a marathon, not a sprint". I've heard that from at least five public officials speaking on TV in the past 24 hours. So worn out.
    It isn't the Daytona 500, it is the 24 hours of Daytona.

It isn't the Boston Marathon, it is the Barkley Marathons.

It isn't the Lord of the Rings theatrical release, it is the Lord of the Rings Extended Edition.

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied
    There is some consideration for the stay in place order for South Dakota. How many persons are doing anything but stay in place while not working if you are in a job that requires travel to work? There seem to be few to no choices for public places outside of the convenience store, Walmart and/or grocery stores. The stay in place could also close down the Walmart portions that are not selling essential food and pharmacy products.

Leave a comment:

• JackJD
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X