Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THAT is a lot of snow

That is all.
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Re: THAT is a lot of snow

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    That is all.
    Na, it really wasnt bad at all, just the sleet freezing and having the scrape the windows. SF alteast didnt get much just enought to be annoying.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

A co-worker just said we (Bkgs) got 8 according to whatever he's looking at online, but based on what I've blown out thusfar, I'd say we've got at least a foot.
      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Pierre received close to a foot on top of 1.25 inches of rain. It seems like a heck of a lot more than that.

Comment

This whole thread is a "that's what she said" waiting to happen.
          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

A co-worker just said we (Bkgs) got 8 according to whatever he's looking at online, but based on what I've blown out thusfar, I'd say we've got at least a foot.
            KELO now says Brookings got 11"

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
              KELO now says Brookings got 11"
              Thats what she said.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I think we got 5 or 6 inches in Dell Rapids but man that first 3 or 4 inches that i shoveled last night was some heavy stuff. That was a heart attack waiting to happen.

Comment

The Big Sioux River and the James river to I suppose is so screwed this spring.

My grandma, in Bruce, has already begun clearing stuff from her garage, because there will soon be a foot of water in it.

Lake Poinsett water level is already above where it was last winter/spring, so Lake Poinsett is screwed again too.

Crazy stuff.

Comment

The Big Sioux River and the James river to I suppose is so screwed this spring.

My grandma, in Bruce, has already begun clearing stuff from her garage, because there will soon be a foot of water in it.

Lake Poinsett water level is already above where it was last winter/spring, so Lake Poinsett is screwed again too.

Crazy stuff.
                    Both Poinsett and Kampeska are big Kidneys on the Big Sioux. Fortunately for Poinsett, they at least have separate inflow/outflow from/to the Big Sioux. Kampeska, same way in as out, so no control unless north of Watertown.

Poinsett is also at risk from the chain of pothole lakes from L. Badger to Albert. If those lakes are already at high levels, Poinsett could be a risk from the west also. The good news for the western risk, is that it likely will peak well after the Sioux River peak.

(I know, what's somebody in NO LA know about these SD problems. 5 years as the USACE manager of all ESD water issues.)

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                      Poinsett is also at risk from the chain of pothole lakes from L. Badger to Albert. If those lakes are already at high levels, Poinsett could be a risk from the west also. The good news for the western risk, is that it likely will peak well after the Sioux River peak.

(I know, what's somebody in NO LA know about these SD problems. 5 years as the USACE manager of all ESD water issues.)
                      Lake Norden is the west most lake that feeds into Poinsett. Dolf creek and other springs into Lake Norden into Lake Mary into Lake John into Lake Albert and then onto Lake Poinsett.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                      X