X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NorCalJack
    replied
    Re: Bohl's Recipe for Success

Bohl does have one record that SDSU will never have and that is going 10-1 and not making the playoffs.

Leave a comment:

• SturgisJeff
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Hammersmith
    replied

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
    Sorry for the seriousness of this post in a smack section, but how much of this can go on before the NCAA starts to take away scholarships? The last two years have got to be brutal on graduation rates. Although those numbers won't come out for another 3? years. So more than likely, Bohl's successor will have to deal with limitations...
    We're still in good shape. Our 2008-09 APR was 957 with a multiyear APR of 963. That puts us in the 70th-80th percentile among DI football, and even higher among FCS schools(DI avg = 944, FCS avg = 939). Penalties don't kick in until your score drops below 925, so we've got some buffer room to handle this year and last. I don't doubt our APR will drop over the next few years before rebounding, but I don't think we'll get close to 925.

edit: For comparison, you guys must have had some mild issues a few years ago. Your 2008-09 APR was a very good 972, but your multiyear APR was 959. Some players must have left or been academically ineligible between 2005-07. But with so many players receiving scholarships in football(up to 85), a team can absorb some bad eggs without it crippling the APR score.
    Last edited by Hammersmith; 07-22-2010, 01:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SF_Rabbit_Fan
    replied

Sorry for the seriousness of this post in a smack section, but how much of this can go on before the NCAA starts to take away scholarships? The last two years have got to be brutal on graduation rates. Although those numbers won't come out for another 3? years. So more than likely, Bohl's successor will have to deal with limitations...

Leave a comment:

• Hammersmith
    replied

Originally posted by MinneapolisJack View Post
    Another one bites the dust for NDSU.

From twitter.com/FGOSPORTSWRITER
    Forbes had an interesting road since high school. Rated the #1 LB prospect out of Wisconsin in 2007, he initially accepted an NDSU offer. Unfortunately, he didn't meet DI academic requirements, so he chose to go the JUCO route to get his grades in order. After graduating from his JC, he came back to NDSU. Unfortunately(once again), he managed to mess up. There are rumors(probably accurate) as to why he was kicked off the team, but I won't repeat them unless they get posted by the media or coaching staff. Let's just say that the NDSU football program has initiated something really close to a zero-tolerance policy on a number of issues that could further blacken the eyes of the Bison.

Leave a comment:

• MinneapolisJack
    replied

Another one bites the dust for NDSU.

From twitter.com/FGOSPORTSWRITER

Bison JC linebacker Dillon Forbes booted from team for violation of team rules before even playing a down.
    Forbes' departure means true freshman linebacker Grant Olson from Champlin Park will get a very, very good chance to play right away.

Leave a comment:

• SF_Rabbit_Fan
    replied

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
    What does Bohl like?
    After the last two seasons, he goes straight for the cupcakes.

Leave a comment:

• filbert
    replied

Don't let the Sea Shepherds know . . .

Leave a comment:

• NoVaJack
    replied

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
    What else, whale burgers.

And I'll bet they're whale of whale burgers, too.

Leave a comment:

• KUlawJack
    replied

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
    Ray's Hellburger based in Arlington, Va., is pretty hard to beat. (Obama took Medvedev there recently).

In and Out is the best California burger chain.

What does Bohl like?
    What else, whale burgers.

Leave a comment:

• jackmd
    replied

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
    I'd take the Sonic big time over Jack in the Box. After living in California for 17 years I got sick of Jack. Now if you like a salad on a bun with a hamburger in it that tastes great try In and Out.
    In and Out is the way to go, as it pertains to burgers and perhaps other things as well.

Leave a comment:

• NoVaJack
    replied

Ray's Hellburger based in Arlington, Va., is pretty hard to beat. (Obama took Medvedev there recently).

In and Out is the best California burger chain.

What does Bohl like?

Leave a comment:

• SturgisJeff
    replied

I'd take the Sonic big time over Jack in the Box. After living in California for 17 years I got sick of Jack. Now if you like a salad on a bun with a hamburger in it that tastes great try In and Out.

Leave a comment:

• Hammersmith
    replied

We just got a Five Guys in Fargo, and we're not overly thrilled. I've been there and agree. It's still probably the second best burgers in Fargo after a local downtown place called JL Beers, but the bun is the Achilles heel(too small and soft to handle the burger and toppings), and the fries are too soggy. That last is a matter of taste, of course. We had a big Bisonville discussion on the topic that's buried in the FM restaurants thread.

As soon as we get a Sonic and a Jack in the Box, our chain collection shall be complete.
    [/Emperor voice]

Leave a comment:

• NoVaJack
    replied

Mother of all thread drift here...

P.S. Does Bohl like Five Guys? I can second Sturgis's emotion. Five Guys started in Northern Virginia and you will want to have a cardiac unit on hand when you get the sack-o-fries...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X