• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NoVaJack
    replied
    Re: Brookings > Fargo & SDSU > NDSU

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
    Sanford owns most of South Dakota and now investing in North Dakota. Hmm North Da Sanford and South Da Sanford.

LOL.
    At least it's not Mark "Soulmate" Sanford.

Leave a comment:

• zooropa
    replied

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
    They are bizarre. The first time you see them you can't help but think, "Why would they do that?"
    I think the first thing I thought was "oooooo shiny"

Leave a comment:

• RowdyRabbit
    replied

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
    Sanford owns most of South Dakota and now investing in North Dakota. Hmm North Da Sanford and South Da Sanford.
    Hahah!

Thank goodness I wasn't drinking something when I read this...it'a been all over my monitor!

Leave a comment:

• 1stRowFANatic
    replied

They are bizarre. The first time you see them you can't help but think, "Why would they do that?"

Leave a comment:

• zooropa
    replied

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
    I started reading this and was wondering how you didn't come across those.
    'cause they're on the west side of the clinic and I only saw them once or twice.

They are six different kinds of awful, though.

For the edification of the rest of the board:

It's the first parking ramp you can use as a shaving mirror.

Leave a comment:

• 1stRowFANatic
    replied

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
    That's true. It could always be worse.......

Of course, having been to Rochester, I can say the Mayo people don't have anything that gaudy......

Just two 18 story buildings coated in marble----all the way up (me thinks they could've switched to something cheaper after five or six stories).

In fact all that marble is kind of gross too, but in a different sort of way---instead of blue neon under your Acura, it's like having your Lexus emblems gold plated.....

----

I'm sorry, I have to correct myself.

They DO have two incredibly gaudy mirror plated parking ramps. How could I forget! They look TERRIBLE. Just the kind of thing you want to draw attention to---the place where your cars go. Sheesh. Sanford has it all over the Mayo in that department.
    I started reading this and was wondering how you didn't come across those.

Leave a comment:

• SturgisJeff
    replied

Leave a comment:

• zooropa
    replied

Originally posted by AnimalHouse83 View Post
    At least it's blue. There are worse colors that come to mind!
    That's true. It could always be worse.......

Of course, having been to Rochester, I can say the Mayo people don't have anything that gaudy......

Just two 18 story buildings coated in marble----all the way up (me thinks they could've switched to something cheaper after five or six stories).

In fact all that marble is kind of gross too, but in a different sort of way---instead of blue neon under your Acura, it's like having your Lexus emblems gold plated.....

----

I'm sorry, I have to correct myself.

They DO have two incredibly gaudy mirror plated parking ramps. How could I forget! They look TERRIBLE. Just the kind of thing you want to draw attention to---the place where your cars go. Sheesh. Sanford has it all over the Mayo in that department.

Leave a comment:

• AnimalHouse83
    replied

That's got to describe about 99% of the financial relationships in the healthcare field.
    Yeah. Argus, Friday night, had an update saying the HQ was being moved to Fargo. It was pulled by Saturday morning.

I agree with whichever analyst said that this was a protective move for Sanford.

Of course, what I want to know is when they'll put bright blue neon around the Fargo hospital so that it too has all the charm and class of a street racer:

At least it's blue. There are worse colors that come to mind!

Leave a comment:

• jackmd
    replied

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
    That's literally all I know about it. My brother is one of the doctors there.
    I know him and he is a fine man and a great doctor. The medical community in Brookings as been much more affected by the "advancement" of medicine in Sioux Falls and the competition between Avera and Sanford than the medical community in Yankton. Depending on your perspective that may be a good thing or not such a good thing.

The Brookings Medical Clinic is lucky to have as many good doctors as they do and I hope they can continue to bring the best SD has to offer back to a community I consider my second home.

Leave a comment:

• zooropa
    replied

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    Its an interesting relationship to say the least.
    That's got to describe about 99% of the financial relationships in the healthcare field.
    Sanford now owns MeritCare in Fargo, I don't care how you want to spin it.
    Yeah. Argus, Friday night, had an update saying the HQ was being moved to Fargo. It was pulled by Saturday morning.

I agree with whichever analyst said that this was a protective move for Sanford.

Of course, what I want to know is when they'll put bright blue neon around the Fargo hospital so that it too has all the charm and class of a street racer:

Leave a comment:

• JimmyJack
    replied

Thank you for the clarification. I'm not sure how the details of that relationship work, i.e. how the doctors make their living, ancillary services, etc... I'm certain the guys at the BMC understand it very clearly.
    That's literally all I know about it. My brother is one of the doctors there.

Leave a comment:

• jackmd
    replied

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
    The doctors still own the building and lease it to Avera. Avera owns the clinic practice.
    Thank you for the clarification. I'm not sure how the details of that relationship work, i.e. how the doctors make their living, ancillary services, etc... I'm certain the guys at the BMC understand it very clearly.

Leave a comment:

• JimmyJack
    replied

Pretty sure its a management contract although I honestly don't know who owns the doctors or the building. Avera owns the hospital in Yankton but the vast majority (90%) of the patients are cared for by doctors from the Yankton Medical Clinic which is owned and operated by the physicians. Its an interesting relationship to say the least.

I don't think the physicians own the Brookings Clinic anymore and I think Avera owns the doctors but I'm not sure. Perhaps someone can shed some light on that.

Never mind, just found this:

http://www.avera.org/pdf/amck/Avera%...rtnerships.pdf

Avera owns the Brookings Medical Clinic and therefore owns the doctors employed there.
    The doctors still own the building and lease it to Avera. Avera owns the clinic practice.

Leave a comment:

• jackmd
    replied

Does Avera own the clinic or just have a management contract?
    Pretty sure its a management contract although I honestly don't know who owns the doctors or the building. Avera owns the hospital in Yankton but the vast majority (90%) of the patients are cared for by doctors from the Yankton Medical Clinic which is owned and operated by the physicians. Its an interesting relationship to say the least.

I don't think the physicians own the Brookings Clinic anymore and I think Avera owns the doctors but I'm not sure. Perhaps someone can shed some light on that.

Never mind, just found this:

http://www.avera.org/pdf/amck/Avera%...rtnerships.pdf

Avera owns the Brookings Medical Clinic and therefore owns the doctors employed there.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X