Attendance Has Been A Success???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Attendance Has Been A Success???

To expect our attendance for football to be at or near what it was last year might be a dream. First, with 7 games in Brookings fans have more options so some of that attendance will be spread out.
    Second, no marquee game like NDSU here. No team in the Great West is going to bring the 2000 or so they brought with them last season.
    Third, 2 November home games. If weather is normal expect 2-3k at each of those games unless we are close to winning the conference.
    I expect us to average about 7k next year which would be a solid number that I bet the Athletic dept would be happy with also.

Comment

There is at least one SDSU Billboard on 41st and Western in Sioux falls. I would like to see some TV ads promoting SDSU Football games and something in the newspaper. I hope we never again see a home game in the 2000-3000 range even if the game is in November. I would think 7,000 is probably about where we will be for an average. I hope we are erroring on the lowside.

Comment

I agree with 1979.  The marketing department has been lacking in their efforts.  It seems the only billboard from Sx Falls to Brookings that has a SDSU reference is an SDN Communications billboard with a picture of the Campanile.  They should really play off the attendence figures from last year with their marketing.  Make people feel like they're missing the best/biggest event in S.D. if they're not at Coughlin.  I know I get all nervous and jittery if I can't get to a football game, and then if I can't get to a radio...well, I can get a little tempremental.  Thankfully, I can get to most all of the home football games and get find a radio for the road games; it's a great time to do a little road hunting

Comment

Originally posted by JackTwice
          To expect our attendance for football to be at or near what it was last year might be a dream.  First, with 7 games in Brookings fans have more options so some of that attendance will be spread out.  
          Second, no marquee game like NDSU here.  No team in the Great West is going to bring the 2000 or so they brought with them last season.  
          Third, 2 November home games.  If weather is normal expect 2-3k at each of those games unless we are close to winning the conference.
          I expect us to average about 7k next year which would be a solid number that I bet the Athletic dept would be happy with also.
          I think this is pretty accurate. Average 7-7.5K with bulk of attendance front loaded. Good weather late season 5K per game, bad weather or bad record late and more like 3K or less. How much benefit would be gained by increased advertisement? I don't know if there is precedent or studies to predict this. Money is tight and must be spent intelligently.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

This is my first time that I have ever been on this site. Pretty good stuff. I am a big fan of the jacks but sometimes me and some of my fellow and hopefully female party animals in the dorms just don't have time to make it to many of the weeknight games especially. I would like to say I am too busy studying but often I am looking for the nearest kegger party I can find that hopefully has some good looking women and lots of brew. I know that is not what many of you alumni want to hear but you were young once and being a party animal is where is at when you are 19. I go to some of the games when I have time but if they served beer at the games I am sure I would make it more often. Go SDSU!!

Comment

Partyboy1, I will bet your parents are really proud of your efforts at our beloved alma mater. (sarcasm). Remember college should be a great time but you should also make some time to do well in school. Sounds like you should look into the local chapter of AA also. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by sdman
                Partyboy1,  I will bet your parents are really proud of your efforts at our beloved alma mater. (sarcasm).  Remember college should be a great time but you should also make some time to do well in school.  Sounds like you should look into the local chapter of AA also.  Good luck.
                Didn't we learn our lesson re the NDSU kicker? Sometimes it's better to ignore idiots. Remember what Dr. Lilith Sternin-Crane said: "It's okay to have an unspoken thought."

Comment

Originally posted by 91rabbit

Didn't we learn our lesson re the NDSU kicker?  Sometimes it's better to ignore idiots.  Remember what Dr. Lilith Sternin-Crane said: "It's okay to have an unspoken thought."
                  What if your someone who always wants the last word? I say get married, that takes care of that urge.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                  X