Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Attendance Has Been A Success???

Originally posted by filbert
    So, in other words, the usual NCC refereeing job.

Excatly.

Comment

I agree 100 percent with mitchell rabbit. That kevin culhane is flat out the worst anouncer I have ever heard. It is one thing to be a homer but that guy makes johnny most appear to be objective. I have been to a lot of ncc away games over the years and enjoy listening to the opposing broadcasts. I have been amazed by that culhane. He is so inept that it is almost enjoyable listening to him bc his team was always getting screwed by the officials. They are out to get USD. According to him I don't think UNO has ever had a legit. win over usd. The sdsu radio guys had some professionalism and even the augie guys did, too. But that culhane is way over the top. He is the worst!! If he was down in KY he would be branded a "peckerwood" bc that is what he is. If they pay him more than 50 bucks a game he is paid too much.

Comment

Originally posted by sports_buff

I was at the game and Culhane was right on, USD was getting screwed by the refs.
        This says it all!! Enough about USD and their run for a regional bid. No NCC team has a chance in the national tournament now that SDSU has left. That goes for both men's and women's basketball (hows that for blind unabashed support, this is the smack board)!!
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by bisonguy
          It's not 10 semesters, it's called the Five Year Rule by the NCAA  : : : : : : : : :

Read the book - 2004-2005 NCAA DI Manual
          From a reliable source, I was told that Andy made his own choice of leaving SDSU. He would have been eligible to finish his final season at SDSU. The issue that rabbit4life brought up about the transition from D2 to D1 and medical redshirt would have come into play next year but not this year.

So I concede, that most of you were correct in your conclusion that he could have played this year. I bought into rabbit4life notion, as it seem like a logical explaination, but it was not the facts as they are or what I wanted them to be. So I apologize for going off on a tangent.

Comment

I see that Colorado fans were really excited to see SDSU come to town. A Big 12 school only draws a little over 1,600?. When UNO went out to Colorado State they drew over 2,500. To tell you how much apathy they had towards the game they scheduled on Valentines Day. But hey look at the bright side, you lost to Colorado by less than you lost to Southwest Minnesota State and that was at Home.

Comment

We got $50,000 for our game.  How much did UNO get for their exibition game?

Go State!  ;D

Comment

I completely agree that Culhane is an embarassment to the profession. Mike_H, you have got to know someone down there that could do better. You should give Abbot a call and use your pull to effect some real change for the good of the South Dakota (the state, not the university). ;D

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

http://www.csurams.com/schedule.aspx?sportID=3

Exhibition game?? And I get accused of not checking my facts. I'm not sure how much we made for going out there but I am upset we lost. It appears that the payday has become more important to you than the fact you got worked. I guess when you are having the type of season you guys are having,I guess that is what you look at. I am sure Colorado is thrilled with paying you more than they took in at the gate.

Mavs#1

Comment

Originally posted by Mavericks#1

Exhibition game?? And I get accused of not checking my facts. I'm not sure how much we made for going out there but I am upset we lost. It appears that the payday has become more important to you than the fact you got worked. I guess when you are having the type of season you guys are having,I guess that is what you look at. I am sure Colorado is thrilled with paying you more than they took in at the gate.

Mavs#1
                    He. He.

Comment

Exhibition game?? And I get accused of not checking my facts. I'm not sure how much we made for going out there but I am upset we lost.
                                                  Mavs#1
                      You got me  .  .  . once. I stand corrected.  You should be more upset that UNC and Northern State gave them a better game then UNO.  

Go State!  ;D

Comment

Just as a point of fact for a topic that has somehow gotten into this thread, Kevin Culhane is the owner of the radio station that broadcasts USD games. That is as far as I am getting into this conversation!

Comment

UNO attendence for last four home games

North Dakota 2,600
                          South Dakota 2,200
                          St. Cloud 2,050
                          Minnesota State 2,500

Total : 9,350

SDSU attendence last four home games

Bellevue 1,025
                          Winona State 1,109
                          Upper Iowa 1,803
                          Southwest Minnesota State 1,233

Total : 5,170

When UNO outdraws you by almost a 2 to 1 margin you ought to be ashamed. In my mind SDSU fans were some of the best fans around. But with these numbers it appears they are fair weathered fans. They have now gone down a few notches in my book. Nebraska football went 5-6 and yet they kept their sellout streak alive. That speaks to what true fans you are. With you going D1, fans should step up their commitment but it appears the opposite has happended. And you made fun of the attendence at UNO games. Shame on you!!!

Comment

Mav,
                            I would honestly bet that this is the last time UNO ever out draws SDSU over four home men's basketball games.
                            "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

By the way, You never responded to the fact that you or your friend Big Jake (but i am almost positive it is you) continuously tell a few rabbit fans to get off the D2football and Basketball boards. While i was lurking over there catching up on some good D2 news i noticed your distaste for a few of those posters. That's not being very hospitable as we enjoy your posts here :.
                              You should look up hypocrisy in the dictionary.
                              "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

UNO attendence for last four home games

North Dakota  2,600
                                South Dakota  2,200
                                St. Cloud         2,050
                                Minnesota State  2,500

Total  : 9,350
                                Again, some nice round numbers from UNO.
                                Our attendence is low for a number of reasons...
                                1) we're bad
                                2) we're playing essentially a non-confernce d2 schedule, and we're losing
                                3) a good portion of the games are on weeknights, not weekends and we're losing.

Do you think if UNO was playing this bad and this horrilbe schedule that they would draw anymore than 300/game? I don't.

Comment

Working...
                                X