Attendance Has Been A Success???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Attendance Has Been A Success???

Speaking of Andy, I just returned from the USD v Mankato game. USD won on a lay-up/prayer with 1 sec left (the kid traveled). The had a chance to go the distance of the court with 1 sec, but the u knocked the ball out of bounds. Margentaler was pissed, he sprinted after the refs as they called the game. MSU got screwed. When the U made the layup with 1 sec, their benched stormed on to the floor, Mueller was humping the kid who made the shot ??? Then when they knocked the inbounds pass directly out of bounds, once again everyone stormed the floor. The refs conferred, and decided to end the game, that's when Coach M sprinted after the refs. There should have been some time on the clock, although it probably wouldn't have mattered. Mueller is continues to be a clown on the court, granted he hit some big shots.

Comment

It's not 10 semesters, it's called the Five Year Rule by the NCAA : : : : : : : : :

Read the book - 2004-2005 NCAA DI Manual

14.2 SEASONS OF COMPETITION: FIVE-YEAR RULE
      A student-athlete shall not engage in more than four seasons of intercollegiate competition in any one
      sport (see Bylaws 14.02.6 and 14.3.2). An institution shall not permit a student-athlete to represent it in
      intercollegiate competition unless the individual completes all of his or her seasons of participation in all
      sports within the time periods specified below:
      14.2.1 Five-Year Rule. A student-athlete shall complete his or her seasons of participation within five
      calendar years
      from the beginning of the semester or quarter in which the student-athlete first registered
      for a minimum full-time program of studies in a collegiate institution, with time spent in the armed services,
      on official church missions or with recognized foreign aid services of the U.S. government being
      excepted. For foreign students, service in the armed forces or on an official church mission of the student’s
      home country is considered equivalent to such service in the United States.
      14.2.1.1 Determining the Start of the Five-Year Period. For purposes of starting the count of time
      under the five-year rule, a student-athlete shall be considered registered at a collegiate institution
      (domestic or foreign; see Bylaw 14.02.3) when the student-athlete initially registers in a regular
      term (semester or quarter) of an academic year for a minimum full-time program of studies, as
      determined by the institution, and attends the student’s first day of classes for that term (see
      Bylaw 14.2.2).

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm
        Speaking of Andy, I just returned from the USD v Mankato game.  USD won on a lay-up/prayer with 1 sec left (the kid traveled).  The had a chance to go the distance of the court with 1 sec, but the u knocked the ball out of bounds.  Margentaler was pissed, he sprinted after the refs as they called the game.  MSU got screwed.  When the U made the layup with 1 sec, their benched stormed on to the floor, Mueller was humping the kid who made the shot ???  Then when they knocked the inbounds pass directly out of bounds, once again everyone stormed the floor.  The refs conferred, and decided to end the game, that's when Coach M sprinted after the refs.  There should have been some time on the clock, although it probably wouldn't have mattered.  Mueller is continues to be a clown on the court, granted he hit some big shots.
        You forgot to mention how MSU got the lead in the first place. They were down by 6 with a minute to go. With under a minute to go Staten got rejected on a 3 pointer, however they called a BS foul. He hits all 3 FT's, then with USD up by a point they got hammered under the basket with about 14 seconds left but there was a no call which set up the go ahead bucket for MSU.
        It was a great game and the better team won. I wish Andy could have gotten a bucket tonight.

Comment

It was a great game, but the better team is Mankato.  How many horsecrap fouls were whistled on Mankato's big men, when they should have been on Trofholz.  Staten was fouled.  I wish Andy would have gotten a bucket too, could have been a difference maker.

Usd shot 30 ft's, while Mankato shot 16

Comment

What happened to Aaron Green? I suppose he spent a little time in Vermillion and realized what mistake he made so he got the hell out of dodge....

Comment

Since I am the one that seems to make no sense according to sfgrad, and started this topic, I went to the SDSU site and the archieved stats. The stats for the 1999-2000 season are no longer out there but based on what I did find here is what they show in terms of games played for Andy Moeller

2000-2001 27

2001-2002 30

2002-2003 4

2003-2004 34

If he was on campus for year 1999-2000 then he would be out of eligibilty. I dont have my game programs from 1999-20 handy. The programs are in storage, but it looks like Andy was very close on this issue, so its a point.

Comment

If he is playing at Mankato, he could have played at State. If you dont believe it, why dont you ask coach Nagy or Larson. If anyone talks to them, you will find that it is a very sore spot with both of them. Andy could have made the team better, but he also has some baggage that he carries with him.

Comment

Cactus:

Its not a matter of believing you or anyone else, I just trying to get to the facts here. Better yet I will check with the compliance officer. She will know.

Comment

What happened to Aaron Green?  I suppose he spent a little time in Vermillion and realized what mistake he made so he got the hell out of dodge....
                    Aaron Green walked out of practice pouting, not sure what about. He has since tried to get back on the team but Boots said no, you already walked out on your team. I'm sure Green has some baggage, he had trouble with the NDSU coaching staff as well, but I wish he hadn't left the team. USD doesn't play a lot of guys and going back to back nights is going to be really tough on them. Mueller and Turner both played 40 minutes and Anderson played 37.

Comment

SDSUFAN: I have no idea where this tangent came from!

Andy Moeller would have been playing at State this year had they not moved to D1. It is that simple. For whatever reason, he decided that he did not want to go thru a season that SDSU is going thru now for his final year. He waited until SDSU was officially a D1 institution to transfer so that he could go to Mankato and play right away. SDSU was no longer a member of the NCC, so it was not a Mandy Koupal situation, and he could transfer to a DII and not sit out, like Tommy King at USD and most of the squad at UNO. There was a thread on this last summer when it happened.

I have to agree with jackmd on this one (which is in it's self amazing!). This team is what it is. Moeller would have helped, but so would Steve Brown, Austin Hansen, and Denny Wommeldorf. They ain't comin' back. Go find some guards, forwards, and centers, and move on.

Comment

Okay I give up. Moeller tranferred for whatever reason and I dont care, but it appear to me that his transfer was similar to the NDSU football players that were mentioned.  That was my tangent as Mike wanted to know.  The compliance officer does not have a valid email address and I got a non-delivery so I am going let this thing go and move on. ;D ;D Well I am cherised to see one of Mike's favorite mannerisms"Its that Simple"
                        Really????? Could I have a buck for each time I have heard that phrase on the radio? ;D

Comment

It was a great game, but the better team is Mankato.  How many horsecrap fouls were whistled on Mankato's big men, when they should have been on Trofholz.  Staten was fouled.  I wish Andy would have gotten a bucket too, could have been a difference maker.

Usd shot 30 ft's, while Mankato shot 16

i was at my dads near vermillion and we listened to the game on the radio. Kevin Culhane is the the worst play by play guy i have ever listened to. He spent the whole game disputing refs calls, making smart a s s comments about the calls instead of doing play by play. Listening to him, one would have thought the U got screwed by the refs. sounds like makato maybe did.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit

i was at my dads near vermillion and we listened to the game on the radio.  Kevin Culhane is the the worst play by play guy i have ever listened to. He spent the whole game disputing refs calls, making smart  a s s  comments about the calls instead of doing play by play.  Listening to him, one would have thought the U got screwed by the refs.  sounds like makato maybe did.
                            I was at the game and Culhane was right on, USD was getting screwed by the refs.

Comment

I was at the game as well, and would say that Mankato got the screw job. Overall, the refs did a poor job officiating the game.

Comment

I was at the game as well, and would say that Mankato got the screw job.  Overall, the refs did a poor job officiating the game.
                                So, in other words, the usual NCC refereeing job.
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X