Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nebraska and CU thanks you!!

Originally posted by 89rabbit

Thanks.  It was hard giving up the SUV and moving to the Van but with the kids being the age that they are and the frequent trips to SD it only made sense.

Go State!  ;D
    I've got a Tahoe and a Dodge Caravan. We take the Caravan back to SD everytime unless its hunting season.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I bought a Nissan Xterra SE Supercharged about 1 1/2 years ago. I really like it but the mpg's are terrible. With the 60 mile round trip commute to work I got my 1992 Mazda 626 with 220,00 miles on it up and running. The fan doesn't work (cold in the winter, warm in the summer) and the paint is peeling, but hell, it gets 25-30 mpg's.

Comment

South Dakota humor : : : : : : :

Comment

Closet South Dakota Envy from Nebraska : : : : :
          "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Hey, I just saved a ton of money on my insurance by using Geico. : : : : : :

Comment

Originally posted by Mavericks#1
              Hey, I just saved a ton of money on my insurance by using Geico.     : : : : : :
              Actually, Geico would have cost me about $10/month more than what my rate is from my current insurance carrier.  I think I got a pretty good deal. : : : : : : : :

Comment

Originally posted by Mavericks#1
                Hey, I just saved a ton of money on my insurance by using Geico.     : : : : : :

I didn't know they would take someone with that many DWI's

Are still riding your lawn mower around town? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

As someone who deals with insurance companies all day long every day of the week, let me give you the lowdown.

Geico is an average carrier. They treat their insured's fairly well and tend to pay our pretty fairly on their claims. Most of the insurance companies fall into this category. However, a couple fall into the "absolutely horrible" category.

AllState & Farmers Ins. Co.

If you have either of these carriers for your auto insurance, you should seriouslly consider switching carriers. Both will think nothing of screwing over their own insureds to save a buck or two. Having AllState or Farmers involved in a case in my business is similar to when Jackmd runs into a smoker in his business. It just changes everything, and not for the better. Especially for those of you who live in deer country, pick one of the big insurance companies. American Family, State Farm, etc. They will treat you fairly and generally handle your claims quickly.
                  "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum
                    As someone who deals with insurance companies all day long every day of the week, let me give you the lowdown.

Geico is an average carrier.  They treat their insured's fairly well and tend to pay our pretty fairly on their claims.  Most of the insurance companies fall into this category.  However, a couple fall into the "absolutely horrible" category.

If you have either of these carriers for your auto insurance, you should seriouslly consider switching carriers.  Both will think nothing of screwing over their own insureds to save a buck or two.  Having AllState or Farmers involved in a case in my business is similar to when Jackmd runs into a smoker in his business.  It just changes everything, and not for the better.  Especially for those of you who live in deer country, pick one of the big insurance companies.  American Family, State Farm, etc.  They will treat you fairly and generally handle your claims quickly.

Well this is news I certainly didn't want to hear. My carrier is Farmers Insurance Group. I haven't had any problems with them, but I haven't had any claims either. I chose them because they provided me with a good rate and I've know the insurance agent just about my whole life. Beings I live in deer country, maybe it's time for a change??

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum

Geico is an average carrier. They treat their insured's fairly well and tend to pay our pretty fairly on their claims. Most of the insurance companies fall into this category. However, a couple fall into the "absolutely horrible" category.

If you have either of these carriers for your auto insurance, you should seriouslly consider switching carriers. Both will think nothing of screwing over their own insureds to save a buck or two. Having AllState or Farmers involved in a case in my business is similar to when Jackmd runs into a smoker in his business. It just changes everything, and not for the better. Especially for those of you who live in deer country, pick one of the big insurance companies. American Family, State Farm, etc. They will treat you fairly and generally handle your claims quickly.
                      I strongly concur. I don't work with insurance companies but from the literature I have read and people i have talked to in the industry, American Family and State Farm, love to recieve premiums and will fight tooth and nail to deny claims for vairious reasons (sometimes hoping their insured will f something up in the policy)
                      Southern Pecan

2001 Nissan Exterra....no A/C and north of 120k

Comment

I'm very happy with State Farm. I think I could save a few bucks with one of the discount carriers, and that would be fine I suppose, until you need to make a claim. I'm anxious to get back to SoDak, land of much lower insurance rates. Oklahoma is really, really expensive... like New Jersey expensive almost.

Comment

American Family has been carrier of choice for several years. I have a good friend who is a State Farm agent in Brookings, but that does not sway my thinking.

State Farm is way to picky and does not like speeding tickets. Tickets happen especially when you have a 6 cylinder Olds. Its too bad Oldsmobile is going by the wayside as they have a good record for accelerating cars. With gas prices going up many we need cars with less acceleration. Lives would be saved, less speeding tickets for me, and we could end up with a gasoline surplus at he pumps.

To Mavererick One, have a good day ;D

Comment

Right back at you SDSU fan ;D ;D

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUFAN
                              I have a good friend who is a State Farm agent in Brookings, but that does not sway my thinking.
                              Who is Harry Manshiem?

Comment

Could be Skip Webster.

Comment

Working...
                                X