X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: D-II, D-III, NAIA, and other lesser divisions

Jacks_NL

Wait....Only 1500 people came to watch the UNO,AUGIE game

Thats 200 more than came to watch your classic matchup with Wayne State (MI). Only 1,200 and change came to watch your third straight loss at home to a D2 school. How many is coming to watch you struggle to beat Buena Vista? UNO is ranked #5 and only loss came to a real D1 school in Colorado State in which they were in the game until late. Did I mention that our womens team upset #20 Augustana. While I would agree that SDSU women are very good (positive SDSU reference) , mens basketball is not a road that you want to go down in comparing the two schools.
    By the way get more than 11 posts before you start talking smack. What kind of fan are you? I find it ironic that a SDSU fan has to start a UNO post to get the smack(bored) going again. Whether you like it or not your smack(bored) is would be a barren wasteland without us.

Mavs #1

Comment

We have never said that we belong in d1.  1500 for a  thurs nite when it was zero degrees isn't that bad for a d2 school.  People in Omaha just don't support basketball that much.  Even Creighton didn't start drawing tons of people until the new arena was built.We can survive just fine with troubling attendance - according to what your AD said you are depending upon increased ticket revenue as one of your ways to help fund the move to d1.  I wonder if he is troubled by your poor attendance in bb this year.  Most schools have to win to draw big numbers and make some money.  Maybe it is different at sdsu but I tend to doubt it.
      Sure your women have done well in vb and now bb but most people just don't care that much about women's basketball that much.  Look at your attendance to prove my point.  Case in point - I am taking my kids today to see Creighton women play and they will be lucky to draw 1500 despite having a great shot at the MVC championship.  People just don't care about the women.  Look at your own women's bb attendance.
      But nobody can argue UNO doesn't get support - it wouldn't have mattered if it was augie or sdsu on a thursday nite at zero.  It would have been a poor showing.

Comment

Didn't I read that the Auggie Women's Team's starting point guard and #1 scorer is out for the season due to an injury last week?

Wow, you beat them by 1 point on your home floor with their best player missing?

I heard you had 1500 fans at your game. I didn't know there were that many boy scouts and girl scouts in Omaha. How many free tickets does UNO give away each year?

Comment

JBNJBQ,

You can actually run smack without including a picture. I am impressed (not really). If you guys lose to Buena Vista you are going to see smack like you have never seen it before.  I'm sure Mayville State fans are pi**ed off that they couldn't find a way to pull out a victory against you. How's that equestrian recruiting going? I keep looking on Rivals to see if you have signed any five star equestrian recruits? As a member of PETA , I am appalled at how they treat these horses. How would you like to have someone on your back while you try and jump over puddles and high fences. Look for Pamela Anderson ;D ;D and myself to be picketing outside one of your meets.
          Congrats to you JBNJBQ for becoming the only Junior on this site. only 146 more posts for me.

Yours truly
                                        Mavs #1

Comment

Originally posted by JBNJBQ
            Didn't I read that the Auggie Women's Team's starting point guard and #1 scorer is out for the season due to an injury last week?

Wow, you beat them by 1 point on your home floor with their best player missing?

I heard you had 1500 fans at your game.  I didn't know there were that many boy scouts and girl scouts in Omaha.  How many free tickets does UNO give away each year?
            There are only so many idiot pictures available on the www.  You and fat jake have used them all up.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

But as the saying goes. " an idiot by any other name would still smell!" ;D ;D ;D ;D

It is impossible to carry on an intelligent conversation with an IDIOT because they won't answer your questions.  They fly off in another direction. I'm not surprised to hear that you are member of PETA, what with all of the barnyard animals you have dated in your life. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I saw a pickup pulling a two horse trailer the other day and for a moment I thought it was you and Fat Jake peaking out of the back of the trailer, but it was just the rear end of the horses. It's hard to tell the difference! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Here is a little balad for you and fat jake (from some of your relatives):

http://www.funnyjunk.com/pages/horses.htm

If you cross a donkey with a horse what do you get?

Maverstink and Fat Jake!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

Originally posted by Mavericks#1
              JBNJBQ,

Congrats to you JBNJBQ for becoming the only Junior on this site. only 146 more posts for me.

JackJD is also currently a member of the Jr. class.

Comment

Sorry for the oversight 89 Rabbitt. Did you go out to San Diego?I saw Bill Waltons kid only scored 3 points. If you did go out you didn't bring any of the weather back with you. Thanks for easing off the delete button.

Comment

May I ask what lamb bonanza is ? Is that basketballs version of Hobo Days?

Comment

May I ask what lamb bonanza is ? Is that basketballs version of Hobo Days?
                    More like the Beef Bowl.

Comment

I had so many posts because I reported on a game for some fans who couldn't pick up a radio broadcast or a webcast.

Comment

JackJD has moved into the Sr. class.

Comment

Good news/bad news on the Maverick front. Women upset second top twenty team in two days beating the Sioux in overtime. Men get upset by the Sioux at home and might drop out of the top ten.

Comment

If you cross a donkey with a horse what do you get?

Only in South Dakota is cross breeding part of the culture. The hillbilly nation should know all about that.
                            Maybe you could cross the two to see if it could make your equestrian team. Donkeys can kick real good, I am just not sure how well they jump puddles.

Mavs #1

P.S.  Nice win Rabbitts over Buena Vista (added to increase my chances of not getting my post deleted). Hope it works.  

Comment

We UNO fans take some smack for our lack of fan support and rightly so and you SDSU fans are proud of your loyal fans which you should be. But UNO gets 2,600 at its game last night (which is sad) but SDSU gets only 1,300 at yours???? When UNO doubles your attendence, in my humble opinion you have got some issues. Especially when it was LAMB BONANZA!! You say that you don't miss the NCC rivalries but I think your attendence at your B-ball games would say otherwise. I agree that your schedule is not filled with exciting games this year but 1,000 people?? Those are UNO type numbers. I really feel that some of the fence sitting fans are not coming. Big Jake brings a valid point in asking if that will pay the bills. This is not meant to be smack . Just asking a valid question.

Comment

But UNO gets 2,600 at its game last night (which is sad) but SDSU gets only 1,300 at yours????
                                Neither school is in session, but a little context is probably useful:

Population of the Omaha metropolitan area: 742,588
                                Population of Brookings "metropolitan area" (Brookings County): 28,265
                                (Source: U.S. Census estimates, 2003)

Also, the performance of the team might have something to do with it. UNO, last night's loss notwithstanding, is having a very good year and is a potential Elite 8 team. SDSU's men are rebuilding this year.

Does that mean SDSU will always be a bad team? No. Does that mean fans will never come back? No. History is a good guide here. SDSU has had off years before and come back to lead the nation in MBB attendance.

One bad men's basketball team doesn't mean anything in the larger scheme of things. This is a long-term process. Poor attendance at a Buena Vista game (we've played them before, have we drawn more? Probably not much more) doesn't mean the bills aren't going to get paid.

Comment

Working...
                                X