Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mighty Mavs

Originally posted by jacksfaninne

Wanna talk baseball?  Your AD must have just found out you even had a program.  Congrats to the mighty mavs on their first NCC title in 25 years!  I'm sure you're proud, as you are of everything the turtles have accomplished this year against a weakened NCC.

Follow on!

Jacksfannine,

Our baseball program reminds me of your football program. You know the fact that you hadn't won an NCC title in over four decades. The difference is that we finally won one and you never did. It remains to be seen if you will ever win that watered down conference you are currently in.

Mavs#1

Comment

Originally posted by Mavericks#1

It remains to be seen if you will ever win that watered down conference you are currently in.

Mavs#1

Hahahahaha! Coming from a turtle, that's rich! How are the turtle races going?

Mavs#D2 is having a little trouble communicating with his dog.

http://www.crazy-jokes.com/pictures/cartoons_42.shtml

They say a dog takes after his master in many ways. I guess it is true. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

It remains to be seen if you will ever win that watered down conference you are currently in.

Mavs#1
        Watered down?
        NDSU
        Cal-Poly
        UC-Davis
        UNC

I'm sorry, you don't know much about football if you're calling those teams watered down.

Comment

Yea, I didnt get that either. Watered down would mean having a lot of teams with most of them no competition, like DII right now. Lots of schools been coming in, none the caliber of those leaving for Division I.

The only problem with the GWFC is it is too concentrated, great teams but only 5 left.

Comment

Our baseball program reminds me of your football program.
            Maybe in your little fantasy ... But in the real world, UNO programs remind us all of, oh, maybe Augie. Same league. Same level. Same ambitions. Who wins the race between doggies and turtles? Who cares?
            @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
            --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm

Watered down?
              NDSU
              Cal-Poly
              UC-Davis
              UNC

I'm sorry, you don't know much about football if you're calling those teams watered down.

My question is what have these teams done in D1AA. Sure, some of these teams had success at D2 (except for you guys), but as we get reminded daily you are not in D2 anymore. So how can you say that these are great football teams when they have not proven themselves yet? UNC is a great example. Very good d2 team with a couple National titles but their last two years have been less than average at best. Until I see one of these teams get deep into the D1AA playoffs or the D1 JV playoffs as I call it, I will remain very skeptical if this football conference will be more than some overhyped former D2 schools.

Mavs #1

Comment

My question is what have these teams done in D1AA. Sure, some of these teams had success at D2 (except for you guys), but as we get reminded daily you are not in D2 anymore. So how can you say that these are great football teams when they have not proven themselves yet? UNC is a great example. Very good d2 team with a couple National titles but their last two years have been less than average at best. Until I see one of these teams get deep into the D1AA playoffs or the D1 JV playoffs as I call it, I will remain very skeptical if this football conference will be more than some overhyped former D2 schools.

Mavs #1
                Mav, UNC went 9-2 two years ago and was rated in the top 20 in 1aa. But I guess in your little world that's average. UC-Davis hasn't had a sub .500 year in 20 years. Cal poly 2003 7-4, 2004 9-2. SDSU: 2003 7-4; 2004 6-5. NDSU 8-3 last year, 8-3 the year before. THis conference is recognized in D1aa as one of the best there is.

Comment

Mavs #D2,

There's a fine line between inciting a crowd and making yourself sound stupid. And you have just crossed it.

Watered down conference? The Great West is rated the #2 conference in DI-AA. There was a point last season where there were FOUR of the six teams in the conference rated in the top 25 in I-AA, and STATE was one of them.

When the NCC was a powerhouse, it the initials proudly stood for North Central Conference. Now, though, NCC stands for Not Close to Competitive.

Comment

Anyone know who won the NCC in football last year?

Anyone know who didn't make the football playoffs out of the NCC last year?

Anyone care?

I hate to feed the trolls but couldn't resist on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks02
                      Mavs #D2,

There's a fine line between inciting a crowd and making yourself sound stupid. And you have just crossed it.

Watered down conference? The Great West is rated the #2 conference in DI-AA. There was a point last season where there were FOUR of the six teams in the conference rated in the top 25 in I-AA, and STATE was one of them.

When the NCC was a powerhouse, it the initials proudly stood for North Central Conference. Now, though, NCC stands for Not Close to Competitive.

Your bragging about being in the top 25 when there is only 39 teams!!! That sounds stupid to me. Next you will be trying to brag how you ended up in the top 5 of your conference when there is only 6 teams. How could your conference be ranked 2nd when not one team was involved in the playoffs. Probably the same people who do the silly BCS rankings. Anyway being ranked 2nd when there is only 6 conferences is nothing to write home about. Besides I could care less about rankings, remember I care about winning championships. Maybe your second place ranking might scare schools like Wisconsin Lacrosse and Mo. Rolla, but I am not fooled. By the way for SDSU fans the NCC will always stand for Never Could win Championship

Mavs #1

Comment

Your bragging about being in the top 25 when there is only 39 teams!!! That sounds stupid to me. Next you will be trying to brag how you ended up in the top 5 of your conference when there is only 6 teams. How could your conference be ranked 2nd when not one team was involved in the playoffs. Probably the same people who do the silly BCS rankings. Anyway being ranked 2nd when there is only 6 conferences is nothing to write home about. Besides I could care less about rankings, remember I care about winning championships. Maybe your second place ranking might scare schools like Wisconsin Lacrosse and Mo. Rolla, but I am not fooled. By the way for SDSU fans the NCC will always stand for Never Could win Championship

Mavs #1
                        Yeah, we NEVER won any NCC championships.

Comment

Actually there are 120 teams and 15 conferences that make up DI-AA football. I guess you've never used facts in the past why start now.

Comment

What made the NCC great is now found in the GWFC.  Whats left doesnt get the respect of the NSIC.  Thats closer to the truth than calling the GWFC  some overhyped former D2 schools.

SDSU is scheduling smart.  They have 2 lower division teams (read modest guarantee) coming in.  They will draw a nice crowd and give the Jacks some push to work against.  They will also contrast nicely with Georgia Southern and the GWFC teams in educating fans how much better the good DI-AA teams are.

Its a common formula in DI-AA.   NDSU has Arkansas Montecello coming up.  Im glad we have the chance to play a good DII team before we travel to Northwest La. a top 10 DI-AA team this season.  

Too bad none of the NCC schools will step up for a warmup game and a modest guarantee.

Comment

Working...
                            X