Mighty Mavs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mighty Mavs

Boys, if we had all the worthless minor sports you have we would have won the ncc cup. We only have 3 d2 men's sports so we just accumulate enough points to compete with schools who have more sports. I am surprised former college guys can't figure that out.

Comment

I find it a pity that those who aren't winning have to try and drag down us who are.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjake
        Boys, if we had all the worthless minor sports you have we would have won the ncc cup.  We only have 3 d2 men's sports so we just accumulate enough points to compete with schools who have more sports. I am surprised former college guys can't figure that out.
        Worthless minor sports? Only in the eyes of the beholder.

Comment

Mighty Mavs & Big Jake

Love your quotes and inuendos. :-/
          Just wanted to add something...first off I have spent plenty of time in this city you call wonderful (Omaha).
          Not impressed and very happy to leave. You also mentioned Huron in one of your comments, lived there also...agreed...not the best place in SD to recide but people were friendly and realistic. Also the silent majority owner on the Minnasota Twins still lives there and one of the hottest Charlies Angels is from there (Cheryl Ladd).

Daisy Duke (Cathrine Bach), Faith, SD, Bob Barker, Tom Brokow, Pat O'Brien, David Soul, should I go on...no they do not live here, but all of them including the athletes you mentioned earlier still make plenty of trips back here for family, hunting, fishing, etc.

Speaking of fishing...you mentioned the mighty mo...it looks terrible in the Omaha area...check it out in Chamberlain, Yankton, Pierre if you want to see real beauty on that river.

Now, as far as UNO sports goes...who really cares but you two...get your own site and let us enjoy this one. I have played against the mighty herd in Omaha, to be honest, they were pretty easy times,...no crowds to deal with, facilities not the best (agree the SDSU football facility is not either), but your comment on Frost arena being a glorified high school gym is misleading.

Frost is one of the finest basketball arenas in the nation as far as those located on campus. Now I am not talking about major Div. I programs but mid-major and Div. II.

Metro States coach has told me on many occasions how he wished they had the crowds and facilities that SDSU has for BB. He actually told me at the regionals held at SDSU when Metro beat State before going on and winning the National tournament that his team was just excited to play in that kind of atmosphere win or lose.

Now do me a favor as well as everyone else on this board...GET OFF!

Comment

This is a smack board. The whole point of a smack board is to talk smack... emphasis on the talk part. I don't think it's appropriate to silence people or to bully them into leaving. You can dislike the ridiculous things Mavs and BigJake say, and we all question why they would bother to come here and say them. But I think many of us have found that responding to their stupid comments is kind of fun.

Comment

Originally posted by OK_Jackrabbit
              You can dislike the ridiculous things Mavs and BigJake say, and we all question why they would bother to come here and say them.
              1. The two of them are not from here.

2. They are trying their best to appear as normal as they can.

3. They are searching for people that look and talk like them.

4. They are looking for a leader that can guide them.

5. They think they have found all of that here, but they are only looking at the small picture not the big picture.

http://www.crazy-jokes.com/pictures/cartoons_62.shtml

That picture pretty well illustrates Big Jake and Maverick in their quest for significance! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

Re:  Mighty Mavs & Big Jake

Originally posted by Rabbitden
                Love your quotes and inuendos. :-/
                Just wanted to add something...first off I have spent plenty of time in this city you call wonderful (Omaha).
                Not impressed and very happy to leave.  You also mentioned Huron in one of your comments, lived there also...agreed...not the best place in SD to recide but people were friendly and realistic.  Also the silent majority owner on the Minnasota Twins still lives there and one of the hottest Charlies Angels is from there (Cheryl Ladd).  

Daisy Duke (Cathrine Bach), Faith, SD, Bob Barker, Tom Brokow, Pat O'Brien, David Soul, should I go on...no they do not live here, but all of them including the athletes you mentioned earlier still make plenty of trips back here for family, hunting, fishing, etc.

Speaking of fishing...you mentioned the mighty mo...it looks terrible in the Omaha area...check it out in Chamberlain, Yankton, Pierre if you want to see real beauty on that river.

Now, as far as UNO sports goes...who really cares but you two...get your own site and let us enjoy this one.  I have played against the mighty herd in Omaha, to be honest, they were pretty easy times,...no crowds to deal with, facilities not the best (agree the SDSU football facility is not either), but your comment on Frost arena being a glorified high school gym is misleading.

Frost is one of the finest basketball arenas in the nation as far as those located on campus.  Now I am not talking about major Div. I programs but mid-major and Div. II.  

Metro States coach has told me on many occasions how he wished they had the crowds and facilities that SDSU has for BB.  He actually told me at the regionals held at SDSU when Metro beat State before going on and winning the National tournament that his team was just excited to play in that kind of atmosphere win or lose.

Now do me a favor as well as everyone else on this board...GET OFF!

Rabbitt Den/ Rookie

One post and you are already flapping your gums?  You are telling me to get off this board. If you are a true SDSU fan where have you been? My response to you is... GET ON THIS BOARD!! By some of your comments you act like you have been on this board for years, yet you have only one post??
                            In reference to you famous South Dakota people I don't know if I would claim Bob Barker or Pat O'Brien. My image of Bob Barker is of this old wrinkled guy doing one of his showgirls in the backroom. He is constantly telling us to get our pets spaded and neutered when he is the one who needs to be neutered. Pat O'Brien has been doing a good Joe Namath impression of late. Tom Brokaw actually got his career started in Omaha and talks about his great memories of the Big O quite often. I don't think you can touch these famous Nebraskan's  Johnny Carson, Henry Fonda, Gerald Ford, Bob Gibson, Gale Sayers. Andy Roddi ck, Warren Buffett, Nile Kinnick, Tom Osborne and Mavs#1. If I am not mistaken didn't  both Pat O'Brien and Tom Brokaw go to USD. Even they would tell you that SDSU s*cks. You fogot my all time favorite baseball manager Sparky Anderson. He is from South Dakota.
                                I find it interesting how you talk about how SDSU used to beat UNO. Funny how you fail to leave out the past few years. Our program is on the rise and I am not sure where yours is going other than being batting practice and scrimmages for the big boys. Rabbit Den if you want to get more posts just put up stupid pictures like JBNJBQ does. Nobody will respond to your posts, but that doesn't seem to bother him. Got to go, me and Pat O'Brien are going to go slam a few beers!!!

Mavs #1

Comment

Originally posted by JBNJBQ

1.  The two of them are not from here.

2.  They are trying their best to appear as normal as they can.

3.  They are searching for people that look and talk like them.

4.  They are looking for a leader that can guide them.

5.  They think they have found all of that here, but they are only looking at the small picture not the big picture.

http://www.crazy-jokes.com/pictures/cartoons_62.shtml

That picture pretty well illustrates Big Jake and Maverick in their quest for significance! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

As a public service!

I would like to let Big Jake and Maverick#DII know that they both qualify for a free exam. All they need to do is go to the Lexington Middle School (in Omaha) May 27, 28 or 29.

http://www.crazy-jokes.com/pictures/cartoons_121.shtml

I know we have been pretty hard on the two of you, but we do still care about your health.

Comment

Re:  Mighty Mavs & Big Jake

Originally posted by Mavericks#1
                    ...    I find it interesting how you talk about how SDSU used to beat UNO. Funny how you fail to leave out the past few years. Our program is on the rise and I am not sure where yours is going other than being batting practice and scrimmages for the big boys. ........
                    UNO was entering its golden age, and even won the NCC last year in football. Of course that sure doesnt mean what it used to. Too bad you dont play SDSU. But then again, whats the point. NDSU warms up on a DII every year. They have been from the south these past few yrs. I think the NSIC will step up next yr, probably Concordia St. Paul. Doesnt look like any NCC teams want to play.

Comment

I get on d2fb.com, a kansas chiefs fan board bc I am a big fan of the chiefs, bisonville and this site. This site without any question has more people who want to shout people down and tell us to shut up and/or get off than the other sites. They have done that far less on the other sites which includes bisonville. The conclusion I make from that is that some of the people on this site are a little less assured of ultimate success than people on the other sites and feel more threatened. In my humble opinion some of this site don't believe you will be successful.
                      I plan to stay on this site for awhile bc unlike what you naysayers say uno may one day end up in d1 and we definitely have the support to do it if we choose. I learn a lot.
                      JBB - Good to hear from you again. You tried to have me expelled from bisonville.com last year which was really unhospitable. Fortunately your moderator (tony) and most on bisonville are more reasonable than you are.

Comment

If I pointed out you were a loudmouth with nothing to say,  guilty as charged.  Trying to get you kicked off?  I dont think so.  

Last time we played was in the Fabulous Fargo Dome in 2003. 14,000+ watched the Mighty Mavs go down by 4 TDs. About the same as Carson Newman last year and Tusculum the yr before.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUFAN

You must be running out of stupid questions and comments.

Naw, He is full them!

I don't believe he will ever run out!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

I think like any program, it runs in cycles. Right now BB and baseball are down at NDSU. I was at the NDSU/SDSU basketball game in Fargo. It was a lot of fun and the place was packed.

Im glad last season is behind us. The transitional yr, when your DI to DII and DII to DI is tough. It can get hard to find games. That was obvious on our basketball schedules.

Our Baseball schedule was good and I hope we can contnue to play those teams. There are a lot of good baseball teams in the region. Basketball scheduling is getting better too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mavericks#1
                              What in the heck became of your mens baseball and basketball program?
                              Wanna talk baseball? Your AD must have just found out you even had a program. Congrats to the mighty mavs on their first NCC title in 25 years! I'm sure you're proud, as you are of everything the turtles have accomplished this year against a weakened NCC.

Follow on!
                              @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                              --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by bigjake
                                I learn a lot.
                                ummm, yeah.
                                "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Working...
                                X