Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mighty Mavs

Originally posted by Mavericks#1

Mediocrity????  Help me understand how seven conference titles and a National Championship in one year seems medicore to you. If that is medicore, I will take medicore every year. Losing to a NAIA school in basketball.. that cries medicore to me.

Mavs #1
    Christ Mav, get a life.

I'll state the obvious for you. We left the NCC because of where it is headed, not what it use to be.

I'll break it down redneck style. When you are the 4th or 5th best beer guzzler at college during your 6th year and the 3 guys better at guzzling beer than you finally graduate, you may become the best beer guzzler at that school. After years of struggling to acheive that dream you're to stupid to recognize why you're now the best and celebrate it as if its the same as beating the 3 or 4 who were better than you. All your other buddies who are still stuck in the mud like you support your celebration because they know (or maybe they don't) that it is only going to get worse for them, not better. Oops, I may have given it away. Sorry to burst your bubble. Idiot.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
      Christ Mav, get a life.

I'll state the obvious for you.  We left the NCC because of where it is headed, not what it use to be.  

I'll break it down redneck style.  When you are the 4th or 5th best beer guzzler at college during your 6th year and the 3 guys better at guzzling beer than you finally graduate, you may become the best beer guzzler at that school.  After years of struggling to acheive that dream you're to stupid to recognize why you're now the best and celebrate it as if its the same as beating the 3 or 4 who were better than you.  All your other buddies who are still stuck in the mud like you support your celebration because they know (or maybe they don't) that it is only going to get worse for them, not better.  Oops, I may have given it away.  Sorry to burst your bubble.  Idiot.

Sounds like an excellent description of mav, but I'm not sure how he could have afford to gone to school for 6 years. ;D ;D ;D

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
        Christ Mav, get a life.

I'll state the obvious for you.  We left the NCC because of where it is headed, not what it use to be.  

I'll break it down redneck style.  When you are the 4th or 5th best beer guzzler at college during your 6th year and the 3 guys better at guzzling beer than you finally graduate, you may become the best beer guzzler at that school.  After years of struggling to acheive that dream you're to stupid to recognize why you're now the best and celebrate it as if its the same as beating the 3 or 4 who were better than you.  All your other buddies who are still stuck in the mud like you support your celebration because they know (or maybe they don't) that it is only going to get worse for them, not better.  Oops, I may have given it away.  Sorry to burst your bubble.  Idiot.

Calling people names? If your are arrogant enough to include MD in your name at least act like the professional that you are. I am not sure what in the hell you were trying to explain. I feel like the patient that is walking out of the office not sure what the Doctor said, all they know is they have a script in their hand. You should stay away from explaining things that involve common sense because I can tell that waved bye- bye to you along time ago. You should have read it out of some medical textbook or research paper. You would have done much better. Now get back to accepting freebies from the drug companies and overprescribing medicine. While you are at it prescribe a little Prozac for yourself to control those mood swings of yours. Then again you are probably already on it to help ease the pain of all of those arse kickings that your rabbitts have been taking lately. I myself will continue my natural high produced by all of championships that UNO has been winning lately.

Mavs #1

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne
          Ah yes, Mav, but there's one big difference between the fable you reference and reality:  Obviously, the tortise in the story had the will and desire to compete with the best and the fastest.  We all know that you and your fellow UNO Turtles are happy as can be racing toward mediocrity.
          jacksfaninne:

You have tremendous insight!  You have summed up the entire "New NCC."

1.  The Hares are no longer entered in the race!

2.  Only tortises remain!

3.  Who cares which turtle wins a turtle race?  Nobody!

THE "NEW" NCC

Comment

Originally posted by Mavericks#1

Calling people names?  If your are arrogant enough to include MD in your name at least act like the professional that you are. I am not sure what in the hell you were trying to explain. I feel like the  patient that is walking out of the office not sure what the Doctor said, all they know is they have a script in their hand. You should stay away from explaining things that involve common sense because I can tell that waved bye- bye to you along time ago. You should have read it out of some medical textbook or research paper. You would have done much better. Now get back to accepting freebies from the drug companies and overprescribing medicine. While you are at it prescribe a little Prozac for yourself to control those mood swings of yours. Then again you are probably already on it to help ease the pain of all of those arse kickings that your rabbitts have been taking lately. I myself will continue my natural high produced by all of  championships that UNO has been winning lately.

Mavs #1
            Mav #1

I suspect you're the arrogant one. I've explained the origin of my name before if you missed out, too bad. I could say the same about a guy with #1 in his name. I earned the M.D. I suspect the same can't be said for your #1. I hope I didn't hurt your feelings with the idiot reference but based on some of your recent logic it seemed appropriate.

Don't worry about me. There are a lot more important things in my life than a Jackrabbit win or loss. For me its about the big picture. For you its about your next cheap shot which is your only opportunity to feel good about yourself. The success of SDSU or UNO is not about you or I, its about much more than that. I would never expect you to understand.

Here is to more success for UNO in the DII ranks. I just don't want to hear about it on this forum. Why is that so hard to understand?
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Mav, I too have never understood why people put their job titles in their moniker. Just don't see how that is pertinent to the discussion at hand. Seems to be a ploy to add enhanced prestige to your argument. I would hope that people think the force of their argument would carry the day instead of the title of their moniker. I had a neighbor awhile back who moved in and introduced himself as "dr" and he was a chiropractor. Even if he was a brain surgeon I just don't see how that was pertinent at all to a brief introduction but apparently a lot of doctors think so. But if it makes people feel better about their enhanced status then more power to them. They went to medical school which IS a big accomplishment but it is a lot more attractive if they are a little more humble about it.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjake
                Mav, I too have never understood why people put their job titles in their moniker.  Just don't see how that is pertinent to the discussion at hand.  Seems to be a ploy to add enhanced prestige to your argument.  I would hope that people think the force of their argument would carry the day instead of the title of their moniker.  I had a neighbor awhile back who moved in and introduced himself as "dr" and he was a chiropractor.  Even if he was a brain surgeon I just don't see how that was pertinent at all to a brief introduction but apparently a lot of doctors think so.    But if it makes people feel better about their enhanced status then more power to them.  They went to medical school which IS a big accomplishment but it is a lot more attractive if they are a little more humble about it.
                Big Jake and Mav 1:
                The solution here is to start your own board.  That way you would not have to be offended by arrogance and titles. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D. My bad, you are both the same person so you would be talking to yourself.  

Comment

Originally posted by bigjake
                  Mav, I too have never understood why people put their job titles in their moniker.  Just don't see how that is pertinent to the discussion at hand.  Seems to be a ploy to add enhanced prestige to your argument.
                  I can understand your frustration. BigJakeSanitationEngineer doesn't have much of a ring to it.
                  "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Anyone else think that the appearance of the terms "UNO" and "enhanced prestige" in the same thread is the ultimate oxymoron?
                    @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                    --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne
                      Anyone else think that the appearance of the terms "UNO" and "enhanced prestige" in the same thread is the ultimate oxymoron?

I think Mavs#D2 is already listed (#9) but,

You have to read it backwards! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Top 20 Oxymoron List: (author unknown)

20. Government Organization
                      19. Alone Together
                      18. Personal Computer
                      17. Silent Scream
                      16. Living Dead
                      15. Same Difference
                      14. Taped Live
                      13. Plastic Glasses
                      12. Tight Slacks
                      11. Peace Force

10. Pretty Ugly
                      9. Head Butt
                      8. Working Vacation
                      7. Tax Return
                      6. Virtual Reality
                      5. Dodge Ram
                      4. Work Party
                      3. Jumbo Shrimp
                      2. Healthy Tan
                      1. Microsoft Works

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

Did anyone see the standings for the NCC conference Cup for 2004-05 ...... #1 was Minnesota State-Mankato #2 was und #3 was usd and #4 were the mighty Mavs from UNO. Now that is something to be proud of,,,placing behind those 3 schools......

Go Jacks !!!!!!!
                        http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

Originally posted by footballfan
                          Did anyone see the standings for the NCC conference Cup for 2004-05 ...... #1 was Minnesota State-Mankato  #2 was und  #3 was usd and #4 were the mighty Mavs from UNO.   Now that is something to be proud of,,,placing behind those 3 schools......

Go Jacks  !!!!!!!

That is because we don't carry Men's Tennis, Golf, Track,Cross Country and Swimming . If we had them, trust me we would be dominating. According to the Directors Cup we are third in the nation!   ;D ;D

Go Mavs!    ;D

Cleveland, Ohio - Defending champion Grand Valley State University (Mich.) has opened the spring season with a commanding lead for the Sports Academy Directors' Cup standings for Division II.

Grand Valley State posted 748 points, 205 points ahead of the second place team. The Lakers placed second in women's golf, 17th in women's tennis, 21st in men's golf and 32nd in men's tennis.

In second place with 543 points, is Cal State Bakersfield, with a fourth place finish in men's golf. They are followed by Nebraska Omaha, in third with 529 points; North Dakota, in fourth with 511.5 points; and Minnesota State Mankato, in fifth with 487 points.

This is the first set of spring standings and includes the sports of women and men's golf and tennis and women's lacrosse. Winning these national championships were Rollins (Fla.) in women's golf, South Carolina Aiken in men's golf, Armstrong Atlantic State (Ga.) in women's tennis, West Florida in men's tennis and Stonehill (Mass.) in women's lacrosse.

The Sports Academy Directors' Cup was developed as a joint effort between the National Association of Collegiate Directors of Athletics (NACDA) and USA Today. The United States Sports Academy, based in Daphne, Alabama, is the program sponsor. Points are awarded based on each institution's finish in up to 14 sports -- seven women's and seven men's.

Comment

Looks like that is a little bit of a sore spot with you......4th in the NCC When we talk schools it is always good to talk about the BIG picture, not just pick and choose......

Go Jacks !!!!!
                            http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

Did anyone see the standings for the NCC conference Cup for 2004-05 ...... #1 was Minnesota State-Mankato  #2 was und  #3 was usd and #4 were the mighty Mavs from UNO.   Now that is something to be proud of,,,placing behind those 3 schools......
                              HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW!!!!!!!!!!!

Isn't that UNO, still in the center of the CIRCLE?

It is so hard to tell. All those DII schools look alike to me!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

Go Jacks  !!!!!!!
                                yikes! 4th in the NCC? Now I know why Mavs and Jake have been talking so much trash. That has to be the highest UNO's been in a while. Seriously, I can't believe you two yahoos were talking all that smack and you're 4th in the conference. Better watch all those glass windows with those stones you're tossin.
                                "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Working...
                                X