Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How come your brother gets more respect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How come your brother gets more respect?

Originally posted by Mavericks#1

Were Rabbit,

You must have been that kid in school that giggled at everything. I have never met a computer programmer that was funny. They are keyboard jockey's that have very few social skills. They are at home in their cubicle where interaction with people is rare. Funny... I don't think so.

Mavs#1
    What happened to the Mavs#1 who said he never personally attacked anyone without provocation? I can't remember were rabbit saying anything mean to you or anyone on this forum, yet you go out of your way to personally attack him? I believe Cindy Lauper put it best when she sang, "I see your true colors shining through." (and yes, I've been waiting 3 months to quote Cindy Lauper. That's the kind of guy I am.)
    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by Mavericks#1

Were Rabbit,

You must have been that kid in school that giggled at everything. I have never met a computer programmer that was funny. They are keyboard jockey's that have very few social skills. They are at home in their cubicle where interaction with people is rare. Funny... I don't think so.

Mavs#1
      Mav,

You must have been the kid in school who was a little (or alot) slower than everyone else. Therefore, you developed a sense of inferiority which you countered by developing a "bully" mentality. You then surrounded yourself with other numbheaded individuals (your cronies - like bj) and proceeded to systematically garauntee that via your actions and thoughts you would never fully function as a productive member of society. Everyone you have interacted with walks away worse for the time they spent listening to you.

UNO deserves better fans than yourself. I said it before and I think you misunderstood, we need people like you on this site to remind us how good we have it.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum

What happened to the Mavs#1 who said he never personally attacked anyone without provocation?  I can't remember were rabbit saying anything mean to you or anyone on this forum, yet you go out of your way to personally attack him?  I believe Cindy Lauper put it best when she sang, "I see your true colors shining through." (and yes, I've been waiting 3 months to quote Cindy Lauper.  That's the kind of guy I am.)

You're a patient man MJA. Didn't you know with mav and jake it's the same old routine, "time after time."

Comment

Yes, we only had 4500 fans for homecoming but they were 4500 QUALITY fans. And besides - we have other things going on in Omaha unlike Brookings where it is either fb or go visit Leroy down at the feed store. Oh on a side note -
          My guess is that OK-Jackrabbit is a full professor bc his posts do not reflect the anger or at least angst that many of my college professors had. I always thought the adjunct profs were angry about not being asst profs, the asst profs wanted to be assoc profs and were hacked about that and the assoc.profs wanted to be full profs with the added $ and status. And they were all angry about the publishing pressures they were under. So you must be a full prof bc not much anger comes from your posts like many of the profs I had in college who seemed discontented all the time.
          Good luck against Rolla. At least Panhandle is new to D2 - Rolla has had lots of practice and they are still horrible.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjake
            Yes, we only had 4500 fans for homecoming but they were 4500 QUALITY fans.  And besides - we have other things going on in Omaha unlike Brookings where it is either fb or go visit Leroy down at the feed store.  Oh on a side note -
            My guess is that OK-Jackrabbit is a full professor bc his posts do not reflect the anger  or at least angst that many of my college professors had.  I always thought the adjunct profs were angry about not being asst profs, the asst profs wanted to be assoc profs and were hacked about that and the assoc.profs wanted to be full profs with the added $ and status.  And they were all angry about the publishing pressures they were under.  So you must be a full prof bc not much anger comes from your posts like many of the profs I had in college who seemed discontented all the time.
            Good luck against Rolla.  At least Panhandle is new to D2 - Rolla has had lots of practice and they are still horrible.
            That's a pretty good analysis of professor angst. It all sounds ridiculous, of course. Why would people who only have to "work" 9 months out of the year be so angry? I know those kinds of angry, selfish, jealous professors, but I left them behind at OU and Purdue.

While I am just a lowly, bottom-dwelling assistant professor, I have really nice colleagues here at SDSU, so there's really nothing to be grumpy about.

Comment

Yes, we only had 4500 fans for homecoming but they were 4500 QUALITY fans.
              4,500 for UNO homecoming.
              14,500 for SDSU homecoming.
              Just a couple of numbers to chew on.

Comment

Who had the better weekend? ?

UNO upset the #2 Ranked volleyball team in the country and our football team upset the #8 ranked team in the country.

SDSU beat Mo. Rolla : : :

Now that is something to chew on!!!

Comment

I note that 3,100 showed up for UNO on Saturday. That's really great. And St. Cloud State? What a great... zzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Sorry, I dozed off for a minute.

So we're averaging 9,149 fans for five home dates. At Coughlin, the average is 9,626. Funny thing is, that's almost double what UNO is drawing (4960 average, according to the strangely round numbers from the UNO Web site.)

And don't give me that line about there being so much more to do in Omaha. Either your university has fan support, or it doesn't.

Comment

UNO decided a few years ago to play games at 1pm even if the huskers were playing at the same time. They feel it is important to get into the Sunday morning papers all over NEbraska. If we would have played that game on sat night we would have had twice the number and maybe more but the admin feels that recruiting is helped by getting in all those newspapers around the state. I think they are wrong but unlike you people I don't think UNO admin values my opinion.
                    People in Omaha have other options - people in Brookings don't unless you count what is on tv. That is just the way it is.

Comment

Yes, throughout Nebraska, the first thought of literally tens of people across the state is "Gee, I hope there's an article in the local paper this morning about the Maverick game yesterday."

<guffaw>
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

UNO decided a few years ago to play games at 1pm even if the huskers were playing at the same time.  They feel it is important to get into the Sunday morning papers all over NEbraska.  If we would have played that game on sat night we would have had twice the number and maybe more but the admin feels that recruiting is helped by getting in all those newspapers around the state.   I think they are wrong but unlike you people I don't think UNO admin values my opinion.
                        People in Omaha have other options - people in Brookings don't unless you count what is on tv.  That is just the way it is.
                        So what's your excuse for your lame homecoming crowd? The Huskers were on the road and played a night game at Baylor (that would not be head to head with uno). I guess by your math, had the Huskers played an afternoon game against Baylor, you would have drawn a whooping 2,250 fans for homecoming.

And the next time you try the stupid more-things-to-do excuse for the lack of fan support for your football program, please also try to come up with an excuse that explains away the fact that uno also has about 1 million more people than SDSU from which to draw within an hour of campus.

Finally, as for your QUALITY fans ... I've never seen as many Boy Scout and Girl Scout troops in one place at one time in my life as I have at a uno sporting event. All QUALITY kids, I'm sure. But does anyone (other than fans of the visiting team) actually pay to see a uno sporting event?
                        @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                        --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

People in Omaha have other options - people in Brookings don't unless you count what is on tv.  That is just the way it is.
                          Well, that's not an excuse. A fan isn't somebody who "has other options". A fan is somebody who regularly comes to games. We have more than 9,000 of those at each of our football games.

Comment

Yes, we only had 4500 fans for homecoming but they were 4500 QUALITY fans.  And besides - we have other things going on in Omaha unlike Brookings where it is either fb or go visit Leroy down at the feed store.  Oh on a side note -
                            My guess is that OK-Jackrabbit is a full professor bc his posts do not reflect the anger  or at least angst that many of my college professors had.  I always thought the adjunct profs were angry about not being asst profs, the asst profs wanted to be assoc profs and were hacked about that and the assoc.profs wanted to be full profs with the added $ and status.  And they were all angry about the publishing pressures they were under.  So you must be a full prof bc not much anger comes from your posts like many of the profs I had in college who seemed discontented all the time.
                            Good luck against Rolla.  At least Panhandle is new to D2 - Rolla has had lots of practice and they are still horrible.
                            Hey i do know leroy good friend of mine. He said to give you this message.You are supposed to show up early for work at the pig farm. Dont be late again. ;D    yes i have to admit i laughed a lot in school and was possibly a dork  and maybe i will never grow out of it but i dont really care. the Jacks won and omaha still kinda stinks. I will admit that i like you guys on this site because the smackfest begans.

Comment

Originally posted by OK_Jackrabbit
                              Well, that's not an excuse. A fan isn't somebody who "has other options". A fan is somebody who regularly comes to games. We have more than 9,000 of those at each of our football games.

What other options did all the fans have, other than the 1,000 that showed up, for missing the Morningside and Southwest Minnesota State games. If a fan is someone who regularly comes to games, where were the loyal fans at the night you got whacked by the NAIA school.

Mavs#1

Comment

I saw on another thread that SDSU's attendance may have been boosted this weekend by the addition of 400 some Lincoln High band members. Maybe UNO should try that? Just start inviting local high school bands, etc. to their games. Who knows, maybe 5000 people in the stands could be attainable?
                                "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Working...
                                X