Congrats to Mav #1 and bigjake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Congrats to Mav #1 and bigjake

Heck, I am a marginal husker fan who is very tired of Barry Collier's tired act down there. We are always just on the cusp of breaking thru according to barry. I hope sdsu beats huskers in december which would put more heat on our coach and I will get to see it in person.

Comment

I would like to thank the UNO mavericks for putting a stop to all the jabbering from the people to the north of Fargo. I have friends that would not shut up about how amazing their team (UNDII Sue) was. They were convinced that the Sue could take on USC. It was fun to come to work on Monday and watch them fall back to earth. Once again, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by bisonmike
        I would like to thank the UNO mavericks for putting a stop to all the jabbering from the people to the north of Fargo.  I have friends that would not shut up about how amazing their team (UNDII Sue) was.  They were convinced that the Sue could take on USC.  It was fun to come to work on Monday and watch them fall back to earth.  Once again, thank you.

No problem Bison Mike. If not for a missed field goal Berhns would be 6-0 in the schools last six meetings. That pi$$es UND fans off because Berhns used to be the head coach up there. I do think that UND is better than UNO and I hope we don't have to play them in the playoffs up there but last Saturday we were the better team and not Husker Rejects like they were calling us.

Mavs#1

Comment

Originally posted by bigjake
          Heck, I am a marginal husker fan who is very tired of Barry Collier's tired act down there.  We are always just on the cusp of breaking thru according to barry.  I hope sdsu beats huskers in december which would put more heat on our coach and I will get to see it in person.  
          Marginal fan? "we are" "our coach"

sounds like it's your team?

I guess it makes sense since UNO is second rate to UNL. However I don't know what that's like, I'll ask a USD fan ;D

Comment

Caution: DII talk. Directed towards our DII friends.

What the hell is going to happen in the NCC? If USD beats UND and UNO wins like they should, there will be 4 teams with identical conference records.

UND will get a playoff bid regardless, will anyone else? If USD wins they have a strong case despite losses to SCSU and UMD. UNO beat UND but got beat by UMD and USD. I suppose UNO has a chance. I don't think SCSU or UMD have a chance despite their victories over UNO.

Sorry for the DII talk but I can't help myself.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Northwest
              1. Grand Valley (9-0)
              2. Nebraska-Omaha (7-2)
              3. North Dakota (9-1)
              4. Saginaw Valley (8-1)
              5 . St. Cloud (8-2)
              6. Northwood (8-2)
              7. Central Washington (7-2)
              8. Minnesota Duluth (7-3)
              9. South Dakota (8-2) DEFENSE DEFENSE DEFENSE
              10. Ashland (8-2)
              11. Winona State (8-2)
              12. Concordia-St

These are the most recent regional rankings. As far as I can tell if UNO,UND and St. Cloud win they are in. The top six go and the top two get byes. UNO fans hope USD wins so UND does not leapfrog them. Where it gets tricky is if USD does win. They would have a better record than UMD but lost to them in the head to head matchup and I believe one of their losses came to a D1AA team. What stinks for the NCC is Northwood and Saginaw Valley are not that good but are in a weak conference other than Grand Valley. If both UMD and USD win that is where it will get interesting.

Mavs#1

Comment

All USD had to do is schedule one other average to decent DII team on their schedule and they'd probably be ranked in the top 4. If they even had Rolla on their schedule, they'd be in the top 4. Instead, their non-conference schedule consists of teams that barely have 7 wins between them. It's unfortunate for the players, but their AD never gave them a chance.
                "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by Mavericks#1
                  What stinks for the NCC is Northwood and Saginaw Valley are not that good but are in a weak conference other than Grand Valley. If both UMD and USD win that is where it will get interesting.  
                  The Northwoods and Saginaws (and Tree Bark States and Tap Water Colleges) are one part of the reason we left DII. It's ridiculous that Saginaw and Northwood are even considered peers of UNO, USD, UND, and SCSU.

Comment

Originally posted by OK_Jackrabbit
                    The Northwoods and Saginaws (and Tree Bark States and Tap Water Colleges) are one part of the reason we left DII. It's ridiculous that Saginaw and Northwood are even considered peers of UNO, USD, UND, and SCSU.
                    Couldn't agree more.
                    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Talk about "watered down" Couple of those schools, just don't belong with USD, UNO, SCSU and UND

Go Jacks !!!!!!
                      http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

Originally posted by footballfan
                        Talk about "watered down"  Couple of those schools, just don't belong with USD, UNO, SCSU and UND

Go Jacks !!!!!!
                        Coming soon: The "New" D2 -- Featuring the Fighting Medical Transcriptionists of Kilian Community College. [/sarcasm]

Comment

Working...
                        X