USDII BROUGHT BACK TO EARTH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USDII BROUGHT BACK TO EARTH

Looks like USDII found out what it was like playing a team with some talent today. What happened to that high powered offense we all have been hearing about? ???

You think a real defense with a scheme makes a difference?

Best of luck to all of U in the outhouse on the prairie! :P

Re: USDII BROUGHT BACK TO EARTH

Originally posted by Rabbitden
    Looks like USDII found out what it was like playing a team with some talent today.  What happened to that high powered offense we all have been hearing about? ???

You think a real defense with a scheme makes a difference?

Best of luck to all of U in the outhouse on the prairie! :P

It happens "every year!"................ in "every sport!"

1. They schedule easy teams they know they can beat by 50 points (pre-season).

2. They beat the bottom dwellers in the NCC

3. Lose to the top (now two) teams.

4. Sit out the playoffs (at home).

Hahahahaha

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

They have 1 cupcake left(Upper Iowa), and two losses at UMD and at home versus UND. Then they can whine all year long about not being in the play-offs.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies
        They have 1 cupcake left(Upper Iowa), and two losses at UMD and at home versus UND. Then they can whine all year long about not being in the play-offs.
        Prophetic, perhaps?? UND should be ashamed if they lose this game.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I thought you were the better of the two South Dakota Schools? ? ? ? ? ? ? Nothing liked getting spanked by your in-state rival at home. Aren't there any pools in Brookings to get these kids better?

BROOKINGS, S.D. -- The South Dakota men's swimming and diving squad (2-0) won its second straight dual meet with a 142 to 89 decision over South Dakota State on Friday in Brookings, S.D. USD won nine of 13 events in the dual with the Jackrabbits.

Senior John Murman of Lincoln, Neb., led the Coyotes with two individual titles and anchored the winning 400 free relay. Murman captured the 200 free in 1:51.71 and the 100 free in 47.71. In addition, he anchored USD's winning 400 free relay, which clocked a 3:22.51. Other members of the 400 free squad included redshirt freshman Pat Albertson, Bozeman, Mont.; junior Eric Thorsen of Eden Prairie, Minn.; and sophomore David Lind of Kearney, Neb. USD also took second (3:26.56) in the relay with a squad that included junior Dylan Smith of Cheyenne, Wyo.; sophomore Tim Murman of Lincoln, Neb.; senior Kyle Anderson of Portland, Ore.; and senior Mark Bryant of Omaha, Neb.

Thorsen also won 500 free in 5:02.71 while Albertson captured the 50 free in 22.14.

Freshman Curtis Benson of Omaha, Neb., picked up a victory in the 200 back in 1:59.73. Anderson won the 1000 free in 10:22.06 and finished second in the 200 butterfly in 2:05.48.

Benson, sophomore Josh Fleming of Lincoln, Neb.; Albertson and freshman Greg Mercer of Port Orchard, Wash., finished second in the 200 medley relay in 1:40.45.

Freshman Sam Clikeman of Gillette, Wyo., won both the 1M (174.37 points) and 3M (209.3 points) diving competitions.

The South Dakota men's and women's swimming and diving teams will compete in the Denver University Quad Duals on Nov. 12.

Comment

I love how you point to soccer and swimming when trying to put down SDSU, but conveniently claim women's basketball is a fluff sport. I have given you and your buddy Jake more rope than most on this board and yet you continue to prove yourself a jack@ss. The funny thing is, I bet 100% of the people on this board could have cared less what UNO did in sports now that we're not in the NCC. With the antics of you two idiots, I would be willing to bet the majority can't wait to see UNO fail. Nice work. In the end what did you accomplish? We all still bleed blue and yellow and now count UNO as teams we like to see fail. Here's hoping you make the playoffs only to bow out 45-20 like usual. Who knows. In a couple of years, Upper Iowa will probably qualify for the DII playoffs and you guys may actually make it through the first round. As Jacks_FB_Alum likes to say. You're Bitter, Bitter, Bitter.
            "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum
               We all still bleed blue and yellow and now count UNO as teams we like to see fail.  

Milwaukee,

All I know is that we added another conference championship (back to back) to our trophy case. We won a couple more of those before that while SDSU, NDSU and UNC were still in the conference. While you won't admit that it bothers you that SDSU hasn't won a title since 1763, I know that deep down it is a sore spot. I am surprised that you even know what playoffs are. SDSU football and playoffs is the ultimate oxy-moron. In two weeks UNO will be involved in an exciting playoff game and SDSU will be ending another average year in a meaningless game in front of 4,000 against UNC. What do I have to be bitter about?

Mavs #1

Comment

The NCC crowns it's 2005 Football Champs?

Looks like they didn't have enough crowns to go around?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

Post written by coyote fan that is hard to argue with even though I know you will try.

Yah it's kind of funny that SDSU hypes up playing this high level of competition. Maybe they should tell their fans. It looks like the D1 thing is really not making a very big impact. Remember when all the SDSU fans were saying that USD needed the rivalry alot more than SDSU. Sure coulda fooled me. USD's attendance has been on the up since SDSU left. Looks like SDSU's attendance is going the other direction lately. Afterall "South Dakota's Team" isn't just a moniker is it.

I always kind of thought that the fans of South Dakota would rather see games against UNO and UND then playing Cal Poly and Southern Utah. It may be D1AA but no one knows about those schools. You can't force people to get excited it has to come naturally. SDSU has a conference that after this year will only have one team that people even know (NDSU). It just doesn't make sence to have a conference where the majority of teams are halfway across the country.

Right now the USD football program is in better overall shape than SDSU's. 4,000 fans for a school that has always outdrawn USD is unexcusable. Not having conference rivalries and having no chance at post season probably also plays a factor.

So far as much as SDSU will venemently deny it the move to D1 is not going all that great. What they had in the NCC was alot better. SDSU needs USD, UNO, UND etc to move up for them to have something to get excited about. And for Jacks fans that may disagree well just look at your stands and tell me it's not true.

Comment

You will NEVER get many if any people agreeing with that analysis but to this naysayer it makes some sense. Maybe things will eventually work out the same way that Bill Callahan and Steve Pederson keep telling husker fb fans that things will eventually work out. We shall see.

Comment

Whats even more sad Mav is the fact that you (as UNO rules) have to post about SDSU on the D2 board in the midst of the discussion about the D2 playoff picture. And then that it even garners a response from a USD fan as well, let alone the one above which obviously took him/her some time to write (besides the fact that it is filled with incorrect assumptions). Honestly what does SDSU have to do with the discussion you were having, and why do you feel the need to put SDSU down on the D2 board. I can understand your ways here, even though they are pathetic, but to use the same tactics over there is stupid. I know many on this board can provide the facts that i can't right now on the average attendence figures etc. to prove whose teams are better supported. UNO and USD can argue all day about whose football team is better than SDSU's, there might be a tiny debate there, but i don't think either school wants to argue overall support for their programs versus SDSU.

What's even more funny is i believe this was the same USD supporter who was throwing his team under the bus on a different thread after their loss at UMD last week. What a great fan.
                      "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

As I posted over on D2football,

WHAT THE HELL DOES SDSU DRAWING 4,000 AND USD DRAWING 9,000 HAVE TO DO WITH USD MAKING THE PLAYOFFS????????????????

Quick answer for ya Mav, nothing.

Comment

I have been reminded why I do not read the smack threads...

One important factor that nobody is talking about with respect to attendance is the huge number of home games. I don't know how one measures that but for me, it means that in a given fall, I'm going to attend xx number of games because I have other things I do on Saturdays too.

The number of home games is just an odd result of the transition process and the schedule will balance out.

In the end, look at the total number of people in the stands at all games SDSU played this season and compare that to the same number for USD.

And you know what, USD deserves to have good fan attendance this year. The Coyotes are a very good DII football team and it's about time their fans start showing up. The Coyote and Mav posters on this board can crow all they want but when they do, it just confirms they realize they've been left behind by both NDSU and SDSU.

In the near future, when UND announces it's going DI, I'll snicker because the UND crowd was so vocal against NDSU. (I was one who liked the idea of all or most of the old NCC making the move...as initially advocated by SDSU's and NDSU's athletic departments.) And then, when behind the scenes USD studies such a move and concludes that it simply cannot afford it...well, I guess we'll just hear a bunch of smart -alek comments on this smack board.

But, we (USD's people included) all know what's going on.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD
                            ......In the near future, when UND announces it's going DI, I'll snicker because the UND crowd was so vocal against NDSU.  (I was one who liked the idea of all or most of the old NCC making the move...as initially advocated by SDSU's and NDSU's athletic departments.)  And then, when behind the scenes USD studies such a move and concludes that it simply cannot afford it...well, I guess we'll just hear a bunch of smart -alek comments on this smack board.

But, we (USD's people included) all know what's going on.
                            What's with the behind-the-scenes talk about USD? I know that USD was one of the four schools that voted for a DI NCC (the others being, of course, UNC,SDSU, and NDSU). It seems that they studied whether they could make it with a conference or not, and decided they couldn't afford it (which it appears they could not anyhow). UND, on the other hand, was the school that cast the decisive nay vote on a DI NCC, and is now pondering moving to DI, even when their president has stated that it may not make any sense whatsoever to do so.

Seems to me like USD found their place as one of the state's DII schools, where it can compete and afford to fund.

Comment

Fake Jake & Mav,
                              BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH
                              BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

"Charlie Brown...Please report to the principles office"

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

Schools Out! :-*

Comment

Working...
                              X