X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2019 USD Defense

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
    That with a 2 for $20 ticket promotion.
    I saw on twitter our student attendance was 3562. usd total attendance was 4734.

Comment

Just hard for me to talk any smack about USD as they have so many major issues with the program where do you start.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
        Just hard for me to talk any smack about USD as they have so many major issues with the program where do you start.
        I wouldnt smack them if they wouldnt talk sh$t about us. Some of their comments “Its cool they are getting gameday there. Now lets see if they can get more than 8000 there.” “Bison fans will takeover. There will be 10,000 bison fans.” Not close. “Congrats to the bison for hosting their third college gameday.”

Comment

Bob Nielson was classless when he was asked on a Sioux Falls radio show about his reaction to SDSU hosting ESPN College Gameday. He couldn't even muster up a "it's good for the state" or any kind of positive remark. He didn't mention SDSU, Brookings, NDSU, ESPN or anything related to the event. He just said something about there being big games in the Missouri Valley every weekend. He's a loser.
          This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
            Every week they keep saying they have great talent and great coaches but in the next sentence they complain that the players don't show leadership, and they keep getting stupid personal foul penalties. I don't think they will ever realize that the one good season they had was due mostly to a generational talent in Streveler, and he isn't walking in the locker room door anymore.

Comment

Will they be sending tweets north for the USD/SDSU game selling tickets 2 for $20? It may bring a sellout. They may need to make a payment on the renovations.
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                I wouldnt smack them if they wouldnt talk sh$t about us. Some of their comments “Its cool they are getting gameday there. Now lets see if they can get more than 8000 there.” “Bison fans will takeover. There will be 10,000 bison fans.” Not close. “Congrats to the bison for hosting their third college gameday.”
                Well, I had to go look -- and you're right. Just keep in mind there are only a few who post that kind of crap and in doing so, they're really not serving themselves. The jealousy is eating them. Teasing another fan base with some humor is one thing; abject hatred is another.

I talked to a number of friends who are USD loyalists who understood well what a big deal GameDay was.

USD's team is very disappointing to their fans. That doesn't make the Jacks better; it just makes the conference weaker. There's no joy in seeing a conference mate struggle. (Well, okay, I could tolerate the Bison struggling a little. )

Comment

The one interesting fact learned from over there is that South Dakota's team only has 6 players from the state on their 104 man roster. The Jacks have 29.

Comment

I had read that before somewhere. I know it's true. Still, it's so bizarre, it's almost unbelievable. NDSU has more South Dakota kids on its roster, right?
                    @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                    --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

• Re: 2019 USD Defense

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
                      I had read that before somewhere. I know it's true. Still, it's so bizarre, it's almost unbelievable. NDSU has more South Dakota kids on its roster, right?
                      They have more on the defensive line I bet. Or close too it.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
                        From my count they have 4 SD kids on ndsu roster.
                        Last edited by NWHSUandSDSU; 10-28-2019, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
                          From my count they have 4 SD kids on ndsu roster.
                          Close to this - they are all just really damn good. A really good OL kid from Pierre is headed up there next year.

Comment

as USD plays Western Ill this week, I firmly suspect they will have "turned a corner" much like they did after Ind and Mo. State.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                              as USD plays Western Ill this week, I firmly suspect they will have "turned a corner" much like they did after Ind and Mo. State.
                              Well of course... it's not easy to beat a team in the bottom 30% of the sagarin rankings...

Comment

Bottom quartile. By end of season SDU could be there also. They do have their coach locked in for another 4 seasons.
                                You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Working...
                                X