Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Coach Stig poking the bear

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    I don't want to look ahead too much, but do you think we would get the 2 if all 3 of NDSU, SDSU and JMU win out?
    JJ on the Insiders has talked about that. (I know he is not well liked here, but he is a great FCS football mind.) He says you guys might be in a tough spot due to the Iowa St. mess which leaves you a win short (provided you pulled off the upset). He thinks if the winner of Weber/Eastern Wash wins out, which he thinks is very likely, they will get the 3 since, as horrible as this is for you, your loss is an FCS loss. (yes, that is bull**** when that FCS loss is NDSU on the road) With that said, there is basically zero chance those guys catch you on Sagarin, thus I think that is really, really a stupid attitude; we should be awarding the best team, not the best appearance. Silver lining, of course, is if this all goes "chalk" you'd HAVE to be the 4 (even though I don't trust the committee) which would pair you back with NDSU for a trip to Fargo......
    Last edited by THEsocalledfan; 10-03-2018, 11:46 AM.

Comment

I don't want to look ahead too much, but do you think we would get the 2 if all 3 of NDSU, SDSU and JMU win out?
      SDSU would be the only one of those 3 with an FCS loss under that scenario, and I just don't see us jumping jmu. If we win out, I think we end up on the 4 line, behind ewu, assuming they won out also. They still have to play weber state. I'd have to look at SoS, but I don't believe there's enough a difference between us and them to argue strongly in our favor. At the end of the day, we will be 9-1 against FCS competition, and EWU/Weber, NDSU, JMU, Wofford, KSU, and McNeese will all be 10-0 against FCS. I expect us to be seeded ahead of KSU, McNeese, and maybe Wofford, but the EWU/Weber winner might jump us. And based on the coache's/stats polls, there's no guarantee a 10-1 KSU with a win over JSU wouldn't jump us. Last year, we were a 9 win FCS regular season team with a victory over #1 NDSU, and ended up on the 5 line. Without a ton of help, I just don't think we'll be playing at home in the semis. And I'd say it's 50/50 for the quarters.

Comment

No...and I'm not positive you'd get 3 (just being honest). NDSU and JMU have 1 and 2 locked up if they win out. SDSU missed out by your FBS game getting cancelled. It sucks and isn't fair, but it is what it is. Now...the only team I think will for sure win out is JMU. I just don't see anybody in their conference beating them. But, I don't see us both winning out. We had a perfect season in 2013, but it took last minute heroics against UNI to do it. SDSU always drops a head-scratcher. I just don't see that scenario playing out. If SDSU drops another, I don't see you hosting a seminfinal.

Comment

I agree with you guys, if we win out I'm guessing we would end up with the 4 or 5 and end up in Fargo. So, basically *we might as well lose another game* and hope for the 6 or 7 seed or no seed and hope for the JMU side of the bracket. I want the JMU side so bad because I would love to see TC go down there and get revenge for the disaster last year, and obviously I just don't want to see yet another SDSU/NDSU matchup in Fargo in the playoffs.

*tongue in cheek. obviously getting at least 1 home game would be huge even if we have to go through Fargo*

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
            No...and I'm not positive you'd get 3 (just being honest). NDSU and JMU have 1 and 2 locked up if they win out. SDSU missed out by your FBS game getting cancelled. It sucks and isn't fair, but it is what it is. Now...the only team I think will for sure win out is JMU. I just don't see anybody in their conference beating them. But, I don't see us both winning out. We had a perfect season in 2013, but it took last minute heroics against UNI to do it. SDSU always drops a head-scratcher. I just don't see that scenario playing out. If SDSU drops another, I don't see you hosting a seminfinal.
            An FCS loss will always drop us below an undefeated team from a power conference. That’s the cold reality. Add in the love of sending us to Fargo for the committee, it’s why us winning the Marker Game means so much for us for seeding. As soon as we lost this weekend we put ourselves in need of help from a team or two losing. Don’t forget Kennesaw St either. I wouldn’t be shocked to see them get a higher seed than us if they run the table and beat Jacksonville St as well.

Pretty crazy to think that we could have our best regular season to date, while winning AT UNI/ISUr, and max out as the number 5 seed. It is what it is though, and I’m sure that debate will get much more heated with two weeks left if we do find ourselves in such a position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Let’s take this one game at a time.
              LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

So no Fargo inbreeding smack? No how you going to win without a coach? No asking me to sell you my Frisco tickets as I won't need them?

As the greatest Bison troll of all time would say, let's pump this up people!

Comment

Originally posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
                  So no Fargo inbreeding smack? No how you going to win without a coach? No asking me to sell you my Frisco tickets as I won't need them?

As the greatest Bison troll of all time would say, let's pump this up people!
                  I'll buy your tickets....lol.

Comment

Last time we tried the inbreeding jokes, the intended recipients didn't understand.

Comment

Speaking of inbred...

8EEBBFF0-C526-4BC7-8FAE-7E7F46B6F7CE.jpg
                      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Only 13 days to go! Of course, I found this picture of JacksJD when checking Bison box scores:

Comment

Only 13 days to go! Of course, I found this picture of JacksJD when checking Bison box scores:

That's not a picture. Silly bison.

But is likely JackJD.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

But is likely JackJD.
                            LOL, so true, and it is 12 days, not 13!

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

But is likely JackJD.
                              North dakota just got those talkie picture films that have been all the rage so you will need to excuse their simple mindedness.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

You know that's not an accurate statement and you're afraid of the truth:

Yes, that is me. I was inside an establishment near Target Field, 8/31/19 and, yes, if you saw what I saw, you would have spit out your drink too.

I had been in Minneapolis that week for work and a little play: I had great tickets for the Thursday night Jackrabbits v. Gophers game. The next day's headlines called it pretty accurately: the Gophers avoided the upset. That wasn't a win. Damn, 28-21. Well, I had to get my head back into work: more depositions the next day which continued into Saturday morning.

A witness finally cracked that Saturday and opposing counsel suggested a working lunch to discuss settlement. The other side bought lunch. Two hours later, the other side had agreed to pay for more than lunch. Briefcases were closed and my associate and I decided to make a stop at a favorite watering hole near Target Field. I was seated near the window -- the Minneapolis version of a buffalo roundup appeared to be occurring outside on the sidewalk and street. Ah yes, the Bison were in town to play Butler at the baseball stadium. As I took the last swallow of my drink, my eyes saw one of NDSU's finest. I lost my drink and nearly lost my lunch. There was the Socalledfan, across the street, leaning against the wall, while the individual he was with (girlfriend? wife? sister? NDSU cheerleader?) had totally forgotten she was not in Fargo.

I said to my associate: a day will come when this event will be denied. But as I said that, I noticed an alert fellow sporting a tattered Sioux Hockey jersey, whip out his phone and point it toward the sickening scene. I also noticed many Bison fans walking by, acting as though this was an expected pre-game occurrence for Bison games.

Warning: the following is not suitable for work:

https://mobile.twitter.com/bertfarle...68001047040000

Any reasonable person would have spit out their drink.

I didn't see Thesocalledfan (or any Bison fan) register the slightest upset about his companion's behavior.

Post script: The NDSU game is going to be one game in which we pray for a doubling of the campus cops' presence for tailgating.

Comment

Working...
                                X