This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nebraska smack

I'm surprised there wasn't a run on antibiotics after Tommy Lee went to school in Nebraska!
    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by huskernationrules View Post
      If a miracle does happen and SDSU does happen to pull an upset I am going to come down from my luxury box near midfield that I share with other important boosters and personally go over and shake the hand of whoever the heck your coach is. !!
      This seems like a ready made commercial for that Miller High Life Delivery guy to come in and take all your beer away. Luxury boxes are to football fandom what 757s are to sightseeing.

Comment

I have to tll you from the time I grew up in northwest Iowa until today I have never cheered for the Huskers. I initially found them to be be very arrogant and self serving. In those years they constantly beat up teams that they were superior to including my favorite team at the time, the Iowa State Cyclones. They beat those schools by 60-70 points at times and never thought twice about it.

My son was in Lawrence (probably having a beer with KULawJack) a couple three years ago when Kansas laid a pasting on nebraska. They did some whining about running up the score, but overall not bad. Then last year I had the absolute good fortune to be invited to the Iowa State/Nebraska football game in Lincoln and sat in the pressbox next to the Bob Devaney family. For 3 quarters they were in there laughing and mixing it up, but when the 4th quarter started, and again for the 7th, then 8th time Nebraska turned it over, they got nervous and antsy and started losing it. When they turned it over the 9th time and Iowa State could run out the clock and win 9-7, I thought they were going to puke. But the entire time, I have to admit they were gracious. And the vast majority of the fan base circulating outside were very complimentary.

I assure you if you give them all they want, they will respect you. As an avid USD supporter, I wish you the best of luck and give them all they want. I do not beleive Iowa State could have beaten you last year, and they found a way to win in nebraska.............so GO JACKS

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
          I have to tll you from the time I grew up in northwest Iowa until today I have never cheered for the Huskers. I initially found them to be be very arrogant and self serving. In those years they constantly beat up teams that they were superior to including my favorite team at the time, the Iowa State Cyclones. They beat those schools by 60-70 points at times and never thought twice about it.

My son was in Lawrence (probably having a beer with KULawJack) a couple three years ago when Kansas laid a pasting on nebraska. They did some whining about running up the score, but overall not bad. Then last year I had the absolute good fortune to be invited to the Iowa State/Nebraska football game in Lincoln and sat in the pressbox next to the Bob Devaney family. For 3 quarters they were in there laughing and mixing it up, but when the 4th quarter started, and again for the 7th, then 8th time Nebraska turned it over, they got nervous and antsy and started losing it. When they turned it over the 9th time and Iowa State could run out the clock and win 9-7, I thought they were going to puke. But the entire time, I have to admit they were gracious. And the vast majority of the fan base circulating outside were very complimentary.

I assure you if you give them all they want, they will respect you. As an avid USD supporter, I wish you the best of luck and give them all they want. I do not beleive Iowa State could have beaten you last year, and they found a way to win in nebraska.............so GO JACKS
          Not even 20 turnovers or whatever we had against Iowa State could help the jackrabbits

Comment

Originally posted by Husker Fan View Post
            Not even 20 turnovers or whatever we had against Iowa State could help the jackrabbits
            Certainly wouldn't hurt them.

Comment

The only "Husker" that's worth anything is "Husker Du"

(sorry, don't have any umlauts on this font)
              I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by huskernationrules View Post
                If a miracle does happen and SDSU does happen to pull an upset I am going to come down from my luxury box near midfield that I share with other important boosters and personally go over and shake the hand of whoever the heck your coach is.
                I don't think being the guy in charge of the fondue pot and chocolate fountain counts as "sharing."
                -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                  I don't think being the guy in charge of the fondue pot and chocolate fountain counts as "sharing."
                  They don't have a chocolate fountain in any of the Husker luxury suites.

No matter how much artificial coloring they put in the stuff, they can't turn it red.

They use cherry NyQuill instead.

Comment

After watching us dismantle Washington on the road ...are your still sure that you want to come down to Lincoln?

Comment

What are you saying, you don't have the money?

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Illinois State??? Really??

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
                          What are you saying, you don't have the money?
                          Wow.....snappy comeback!! I can't believe Husker/Jackrabbit fans are actually talking smack to each other. Seriously.....why? I'm originally from North Dakota, but have lived in Nebraska most of my life. I can honestly say that both states....well, I should include North Dakota as well, have absolutely nothing. All 3 states are boring....hell once you get past North Platte, there is nothing to see. Driving up I-29 past Brookings.....nothing....boring. North Dakota is much better. I have only one good thing to say about Nebraska. Thank God for the Huskers!

Comment

Husker Fan,

Why waste your time? You and I both know how next Saturday's game will end.....BLOWOUT!!! We have former AD Steve Pederson to thank for this game.

Comment

Jeeze if you hate the northern plains that much do us all a favor and move to some crowded metropolitan area.

Originally posted by HuskerFan View Post
                              Wow.....snappy comeback!! I can't believe Husker/Jackrabbit fans are actually talking smack to each other. Seriously.....why? I'm originally from North Dakota, but have lived in Nebraska most of my life. I can honestly say that both states....well, I should include North Dakota as well, have absolutely nothing. All 3 states are boring....hell once you get past North Platte, there is nothing to see. Driving up I-29 past Brookings.....nothing....boring. North Dakota is much better. I have only one good thing to say about Nebraska.
                              You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
                                Jeeze if you hate the northern plains that much do us all a favor and move to some crowded metropolitan area.
                                I never said I hated the northern plains, I just think it's boring. I think any Nebraskan would agree there is not much to see out west in this state. The only reason I go to North Dakota, is because most of my relatives live there.

Comment

Working...
                                X