X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shot_5533
    replied
    Re: Zenner continues to get attention

Jack JD is defending his forum. I see his point. I don't like to mix politics or religion either with my sports. If you read my posts, you'll see I disagree with Zimmer about skin color and the NFL.

Pitchfork nation is a term that Dan Barreiro and his lawyer Ron Rosenboom use on KFAN radio in the Twin Cities and on FOX 9 TV news Friday nights for their television show. I do not think it is a politically charged statement because the radio and TV stations would not let it on the air if it was.

Anyway - this whole post should be moved over to the pro sports forum right under the Naters gotta Nate column.

Leave a comment:

• SF_Rabbit_Fan
    replied

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    Whoa. Let's apply the brakes a bit. I've started a discussion with the other moderators about the subject of politics on this message board.

I think most posters will agree that there are plenty of message boards in which vigorous (some would say sickening) discussion on politics take place. This board has not been used for that purpose.

shot let me just add: that while I understand the sentiment, you're throwing around concepts that deserve or merit a much deeper and academic treatment than a message board. I'm concerned that people on the fringe -- pick the one you don't like -- are going to start verbal/written bomb throwing in a message board set up for one purpose: discussion of SDSU athletics. I've studied the heck out of the concepts and historical underpinnings of "free speech" and "freedom of the press" and we're not going to cover those topics properly in a 100 years of posting on this message board.

"gutless editor" "Pitchfork nation"? Just pointing out that's where political discourse ends up these days. I'm not interested in going to this message board to read what my fellow SDSU fans think about political issues.

CLARIFICATION: I'm throwing discussions on race into a broad category of politics. Perhaps it would be better to just remind everyone of the purpose of this board and keep the discussions limited to that purpose.

How about we just go slow on politics and until the moderators decide how much of that crap we're going to allow on this message board? Up to now, we've avoided politics on SDSUFans.com.
    I disagree with your sentiment JD, and the discussion isn't crap.

This is not a political discussion, it is a discussion about a former SDSU athlete. An article about that athlete happens to discuss race, and the article was pulled. People are discussing that.
    Last edited by SF_Rabbit_Fan; 05-06-2015, 12:00 PM. Reason: clarity

Leave a comment:

• rabidrabbit
    replied

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/2...a-state-050415

Zenner has selected the Detroit Lions as his better shot of available choices of NFL teams to make the roster. There, hopefully, he will be evaluated on his talent, smarts, and heart for playing NFL football. Orange, green, or blue & silver skin pigmentation isn't going to matter.

Zach's smarts and option to go to med school may have played nearly as big a role in not being drafted as any other factor.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

I think Zimmer should have stopped with lack of respect for SDSU and FCS. To me this is bigger issue than the pigment issue. Lets face it all those scouts who came to Brookings, what did they really think of Zenner? My guess is that they thought a nice clean cut kid with good academic skills, but can he take a weekly beating in the NFL and if so for how long? Was he worthy of a Pick? Probably not, more fitting as a free agent.. When these same scouts went to Fargo to look at John Crockett, their thoughts were pretty much the same would be my guess. Any scout with a racial bias would not last long in my opinion.

Seems like the NFL legends from SDSU have seldom been from the backfield, but more like ends and lineman. The RB is a very skilled position and Wayne Rasmussen was about the only one from SDSU to make a career mark and I think Wayne is 73 years old and played a in much different NFL than today. I think the NFL is getting more messy with each year. My advice to Zack would be to skip the NFL and start your studies towards surgery. I think the medical profession needs ZZ more than the NFL.
    Last edited by Nidaros; 05-06-2015, 05:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• JackJD
    replied

Whoa. Let's apply the brakes a bit. I've started a discussion with the other moderators about the subject of politics on this message board.

I think most posters will agree that there are plenty of message boards in which vigorous (some would say sickening) discussion on politics take place. This board has not been used for that purpose.

shot let me just add: that while I understand the sentiment, you're throwing around concepts that deserve or merit a much deeper and academic treatment than a message board. I'm concerned that people on the fringe -- pick the one you don't like -- are going to start verbal/written bomb throwing in a message board set up for one purpose: discussion of SDSU athletics. I've studied the heck out of the concepts and historical underpinnings of "free speech" and "freedom of the press" and we're not going to cover those topics properly in a 100 years of posting on this message board.

"gutless editor" "Pitchfork nation"? Just pointing out that's where political discourse ends up these days. I'm not interested in going to this message board to read what my fellow SDSU fans think about political issues.

CLARIFICATION: I'm throwing discussions on race into a broad category of politics. Perhaps it would be better to just remind everyone of the purpose of this board and keep the discussions limited to that purpose.

How about we just go slow on politics and until the moderators decide how much of that crap we're going to allow on this message board? Up to now, we've avoided politics on SDSUFans.com.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X