• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mitchellrabbit
    replied
    Re: world series

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
    Baseball is more boring to me than soccer. I used to love baseball but I can't get myself to watch a game anymore. I watched from the 8th till the end last night and I kept getting angry that the game wouldn't end.
    And i watch from the start to about the 7th and DVR'd the rest. Must have something to do with age difference. Thank god for DVR. Except i didnt quite do it long enough. Only saw the walk off on sportscenter.

Leave a comment:

• RabbitObsessed
    replied

Baseball is more boring to me than soccer. I used to love baseball but I can't get myself to watch a game anymore. I watched from the 8th till the end last night and I kept getting angry that the game wouldn't end.

Leave a comment:

• mitchellrabbit
    replied

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
    I'll take a 1-0 game over last night's slop fest. What, with five errors a runner getting picked off third (WTF is Holliday doing by the way?), intentional walks, dumb pitching moves and whatever else. I may be in the minority here, but I find pitching duals absolutely riveting.

Was it an amazing comeback? Absolutely. I'm not disagreeing with that at all. I just don't think it's the greatest game ever.
    I dont like 1-0 games. Its like watching a soccer match.

Leave a comment:

• jacks28
    replied

Fortunately, i was at game 6 in '91. The loudest i have ever heard the dome. It took an hour and a half just to get out of the hallway to the wind tunnel. I still get goose bumps listening to the replays of that game. Last night was a "great ending", by no way a great game. 5 combined errors. The Cardinals couldn't even find grass for 5 innings. Call me a homer but , game 6 '91 when Kirby stole the show beats that one. On the 6pm espn yesterday, they had the Twins game 6 number two, and the Carlton Fisk home run number one.

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

Maybe I am not the purist others are, but it was good players who were having a hard time under pressure. It was a back and forth game, the cards came back from being down 5 times I think. every mistake and punch the took, they were able to counter punch. I loved carps 1-0 win over Halladay in the first round, but scoring runs and hits and watching players make and attempt plays is more compelling and exciting then a 2 hitter. I would love Carp to shut down the Rangers, but last night was something special. A lot of records and 1st evers happened.

Leave a comment:

• jackmd
    replied

I found last nights game hard to watch. Sloppy play should have no place in the world series and that is what last nights game was, sloppy. Exciting? I suppose but only as a consequence of poor play. I want to see a well played game, score doesn't really matter, in most instances the well played games are low scoring and each team uses only 1 or 2 pitchers. I thought we might see a great series but instead we have seen a couple of great games and some really bad baseball both on the field and in the dugout.

Hoping for a much better played game tonight, if not, I'll probably turn the channel.

Leave a comment:

• mango4
    replied

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
    I doubt too many, other than twin fans, are going to agree with you. Hard to say that a 1-0 game is more exciting than an 10-9 game where the home team came back with 2 in the 9th to tie it and two in the 10th to tie it, then its a walk off in the 11th. i realize 87 and 91 are all twin fans have to cheer about but COME ON MAN. I hope Chris Carter didnt mind me steeling his line. : )
    I'll take a 1-0 game over last night's slop fest. What, with five errors a runner getting picked off third (WTF is Holliday doing by the way?), intentional walks, dumb pitching moves and whatever else. I may be in the minority here, but I find pitching duals absolutely riveting.

Was it an amazing comeback? Absolutely. I'm not disagreeing with that at all. I just don't think it's the greatest game ever.

Leave a comment:

• mango4
    replied

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    Really? I would say it's a great way to show respect to his dad. I can imagine that after he said it he reflected on memories he has of his dad....if you didn't notice there was a long silence after he said it. 20 years later and Jack's son gets to use that same line in an absolutely amazing baseball game. Best ever? Maybe....maybe not, forever is a long time, and well I assume you haven't seen every World Series game.

You obviously have a problem with Joe Buck, but to say that is a dick move. It's his FATHER for God's sake.
    Dick move? Absolutely not. Joe Buck has been piggybacking off his last name and his dad's legend his whole life and he did it again last. Be original once in your life Joe.

I do have a problem with Joe Buck, it's called him being a terrible, terrible announcer and living off his last name. I'm not the only one that has an issue with him.

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
    I always love how the last good game is always the best game. I thought it was good, but I'm sure there are just as many that are better or just as good. If you are a cards fan of course it is the best ever!

I think you can tell Joe Buck to go F himself no matter what he does. I don't care if he's feeding homeless people on Thanksgiving, he can go F himself.
    Yep, because years ago Colburn was the greatest athlete SDSU has ever had. Now its Wolters, and in the future it will be somebody else. Thats the great thing about sports. There will always be a new best ever. Sports would really suck if it never did.

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
    I've been a Cardinals fan since birth...my whole family cheer for the Cardinals. Twice last night I thought it was all over. What a game. As previously mentioned, the errors were horrible...but it just added to the an exciting game with ups and downs for both sides. Tonight can't come soon enough.
    Same here, I love the cards. I turned the channel for a little bit after texas hit the back to back homers because I figured they would have a hard time coming back again. But i couldnt take not watching so flipped back. 2 be down to your final out with 2 strikes twice and come back and tie it, then the local kid hits the winning homer. It was a sloppy game to start but the end of the game that was legendary. The cards set some new world series records with what they did last night coming back to win. Maybe its just me but when the team looks like its going to lose twice but comes back the way they did against a strong rangers pen, thats pretty awesome.

Leave a comment:

• MontanaRabbit
    replied

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    I have not been much of Cardinal fan since they usually take my Cubs out, even in Chicago, and am vaguely familiar with the late Jack Buck, what exactly did his son say? Cards win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    In game 6 of 91 WS, when Puckett hit his walk off home run, all Jack Buck said was "We'll see you tomorrow night" which was followed by silence. It's become an iconic call and has been re-played countless times.

After Freese hit his walk-off last night, Joe Buck said the exact same thing. After he said it there was several seconds of silence. Can't help but think he was thinking of his late father during this time. Pretty cool moment if you ask me.

Leave a comment:

• Theee Catrabbit
    replied

I always love how the last good game is always the best game. I thought it was good, but I'm sure there are just as many that are better or just as good. If you are a cards fan of course it is the best ever!

I think you can tell Joe Buck to go F himself no matter what he does. I don't care if he's feeding homeless people on Thanksgiving, he can go F himself.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    Really? I would say it's a great way to show respect to his dad. I can imagine that after he said it he reflected on memories he has of his dad....if you didn't notice there was a long silence after he said it. 20 years later and Jack's son gets to use that same line in an absolutely amazing baseball game. Best ever? Maybe....maybe not, forever is a long time, and well I assume you haven't seen every World Series game.

You obviously have a problem with Joe Buck, but to say that is a dick move. It's his FATHER for God's sake.
    I have not been much of Cardinal fan since they usually take my Cubs out, even in Chicago, and am vaguely familiar with the late Jack Buck, what exactly did his son say? Cards win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• MontanaRabbit
    replied

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
    Also, Joe Buck, go F yourself for stealing your dad's line.

Leave a comment:

• TransAmBison
    replied

I've been a Cardinals fan since birth...my whole family cheer for the Cardinals. Twice last night I thought it was all over. What a game. As previously mentioned, the errors were horrible...but it just added to the an exciting game with ups and downs for both sides. Tonight can't come soon enough.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X