Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
    Agreed.
    Double agreed!

Leave a comment:

• jackrabbit1979
    replied
    Re: world series

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
    My opinion. Does it matter in the end? Nope, but it's my opinion and I have that right.
    Agreed.

Leave a comment:

• mango4
    replied

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
    Don't know why, but I was catching up on some old threads and felt the need to comment here. I agree completely with Mitchellrabbit, you calling out (and even more saying F you) Joe Buck for using his late father's call is crazy. It's his dad's line and it was a cool moment for him/his family as a tribute to his father. Whether you think he is a terrible announcer living off his last name shouldn't even matter. You saying that he can't/shouldn't have done it (even on a message board that means very little) is just immature. I'm not a fan of Joe Buck as an announcer, but that call/moment was great.

Even Matt Zimmer, who doesn't shy away from stirring up controversy/speaking his mind and has stated his disgust for Joe Buck publically, chimed in on the topic with a tip of the hat to Joe. http://mattyzimmer.tumblr.com/post/1...-week-that-was
    Cool, I also know a lot of people that thought he shouldn't have done it. Don't really care what Zimmer has to say on the topic. I like reading his opinions but I don't agree with him on everything and this is one of those things.

My opinion. Does it matter in the end? Nope, but it's my opinion and I have that right.

Leave a comment:

• jackrabbit1979
    replied

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
    Absolutely NOT. Was it a good game? Yes. Best game ever? No, hell it's not even the best game 6 ever. The dramatic finish will overshadow how sloppy of a baseball game it was earlier. Five errors in game 6 of the world series is not good, at all. I will argue this until I'm blue in the face.

I'll talk the 91 game 6 over this one (not as sloppy, still dramatic finish). Game 7 of the 91 series is the best world series game ever.

Also, Joe Buck, go F yourself for stealing your dad's line.
    Don't know why, but I was catching up on some old threads and felt the need to comment here. I agree completely with Mitchellrabbit, you calling out (and even more saying F you) Joe Buck for using his late father's call is crazy. It's his dad's line and it was a cool moment for him/his family as a tribute to his father. Whether you think he is a terrible announcer living off his last name shouldn't even matter. You saying that he can't/shouldn't have done it (even on a message board that means very little) is just immature. I'm not a fan of Joe Buck as an announcer, but that call/moment was great.

Even Matt Zimmer, who doesn't shy away from stirring up controversy/speaking his mind and has stated his disgust for Joe Buck publically, chimed in on the topic with a tip of the hat to Joe. http://mattyzimmer.tumblr.com/post/1...-week-that-was

Also, kudos to Joe Buck for a well-timed (if not terribly well-exectued) tribute to his dad with the call on Game 6. If you’re one of the people calling Joe Buck names for daring to use Jack’s “We’ll see you tomorrow night”, you’re a terrible person. I don’t like Joe Buck, either, but that was pretty cool.
    The fact that anyone on Earth would actually feel entitled to tell another person what they can (or can not) do in tribute to their father boggles my mind. Get over it.
    A great series with a great call from a hometown boy

Leave a comment:

• Madi V:)Mitchell
    replied

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    Where would I find a Cubs Wheatie box other than from the choke years like 1969? 1987 was just yesterday in my mind. The box has little value.
    Not to me! 24 years ago is a long time for me...that was a decade before I was born.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by Madi V:)Mitchell View Post
    I would say that one of these days it will be the Twins' turn, but I'm not sure if that will ever happen. I found the Wheaties box from 1987 when they won it in my grandmas attic. she let me keep it!!!! i was excited.
    Where would I find a Cubs Wheatie box other than from the choke years like 1969? 1987 was just yesterday in my mind. The box has little value.

Leave a comment:

• Madi V:)Mitchell
    replied

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    Agree, and one of these days it will be the Cubs turn.
    I would say that one of these days it will be the Twins' turn, but I'm not sure if that will ever happen. I found the Wheaties box from 1987 when they won it in my grandmas attic. she let me keep it!!!! i was excited.

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

I guess the game to be was pretty aweome. new polls show people feel it was better then Pucketts game 6 when Freese saved the game with his triple then next at bad his homer in game 6. Sure there were a few errors. but the series over had great performances for Freese and Napoli, history made with Pujols 3 homer game. Great pitching games 2. a team had a chance to win twice down to the last strike, twice a team fought back in that game to force a game 7.

As a cardinals fan, I didnt think they played as well as they should have considering the talent they had. All things considered, the cardinals stats wise it was hard to think they could do what they did.

1st, pujols does not hit .300 or 100 rbi for first time in career, also his injury with Holiday out for some time also.
    2nd, with out best pitcher Wainwright.
    3rd. bullpen had 2nd most blown saves on the season.
    4th. they commited the 6th most errors of any team all year..
    5th. lead the league in hit into double plays.
    6th Carpenter the best pitcher on the team does not get 11th win untill last game of the year.

You tell me at the beinning of the year pujols hits below career numbers, no Wainwright, lead the league in double plays and carp struggles half year and inconsistant pen and your best hitter most of the year was Lance berkman and they would win the WS. I wouldnt have taken that bet. I thought losing Wain was to much of a lose that they couldnt rebound from but I am glad I was wrong.

Leave a comment:

• EQguy
    replied

Late to the party but I would just argue that exciting does not equal great. Game 6 was as exciting as they come but it was not great.

Leave a comment:

• Prairiehaas
    replied

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
    Baseball is more boring to me than soccer. I used to love baseball but I can't get myself to watch a game anymore. I watched from the 8th till the end last night and I kept getting angry that the game wouldn't end.
    Baseball is best when one is at the game. IMHO, if not attending it is better to listen on radio than watch on TV.

Leave a comment:

• Theee Catrabbit
    replied

Originally posted by goon View Post
    Yep, because years ago Colburn was the greatest athlete SDSU has ever had. Now its Wolters, and in the future it will be somebody else. Thats the great thing about sports. There will always be a new best ever. Sports would really suck if it never did.
    Tru dat!

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by goon View Post
    Cards win the world series. Totally awesome.
    Agree, and one of these days it will be the Cubs turn.

Leave a comment:

• mitchellrabbit
    replied

First time the National League has won back to back world series since they won 4 straight 79-83. Now they need to get rid of the stupid rule of giving the home advantage to the league that wins the all star game. How bout giving it to the team with the best record since the rest of the playoffs are done that way.

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

Cards win the world series. Totally awesome.

Leave a comment:

• SturgisJeff
    replied

didn't watch the game, my Mankato State Mavericks were playing Augie on CBS College Sports Network

Leave a comment:

Working...
X