Tetzlaff verbals: USD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tetzlaff verbals: USD

Watertown 6-8 senior Dustin Tetzlaff made a verbal commitment to play basketball at USD. He's the son of SDSU standout and scoring leader, Mark Tetzlaff (1,932 points from 1982-1985).

Re: Tetzlaff verbals: USD

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    Watertown 6-8 senior Dustin Tetzlaff made a verbal commitment to play basketball at USD. He's the son of SDSU standout and scoring leader, Mark Tetzlaff (1,932 points from 1982-1985).
    Some discussion about that earlier today on this thread.

http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread.php?t=6605&page=5
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

His dad is an all-time SDSU great and his head coach (Brian Norberg) is as well.

I don't know alot about Tetzlaff but he sounds like a decent player with some good size. Can anyone tell me more about him? Is this a player we didn't extend an offer to or someone who has DI talent but wanted to make his own mark on another program?

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
        His dad is an all-time SDSU great and his head coach (Brian Norberg) is as well.

I don't know alot about Tetzlaff but he sounds like a decent player with some good size. Can anyone tell me more about him? Is this a player we didn't extend an offer to or someone who has DI talent but wanted to make his own mark on another program?
        Dusty said that USD was the best fit for him. He said that his dad, Mark, thought that was the case as well. I guess I'd like to know what Nagy and his staff were thinking about Dusty and his potential. I believe his dad did more on the court with the talent he was given than any other player in the history of SDSU. Mark Tetzlaff was a fundamentally solid, hard working player who made everyone around him better. He never asked for or expected accolades and showed up every night to play every minute as hard as he could. We need a guy like that IN THE WORST WAY. In no way am I saying Dusty is that kind of player nor would I expect him to live up to his dad's legacy. I'm saying I wish we had a Mark Tetzlaff in the program right now.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

There is no way the coaching staff didn't look closely at this player (son of one of SDSU's alltime greats and coached by another great SDSU player). And that they wouldn't have offered a scholarship (and gotten him) if they felt he would add to our program. I don't think we need to take it any further than that. Good luck to him in his college career...he has to be a great kid to have grown up in this family.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
            There is no way the coaching staff didn't look closely at this player (son of one of SDSU's alltime greats and coached by another great SDSU player). And that they wouldn't have offered a scholarship (and gotten him) if they felt he would add to our program. I don't think we need to take it any further than that. Good luck to him in his college career...he has to be a great kid to have grown up in this family.
            This is how I see it too. I could not have said that better.

Comment

At this point in time does anyone really trust the way SDSU recruits and decides whether or not to offer scholarships. The philosophy obviously hasn't worked at the D1 level so just because SDSU might not want a player doesn't mean that player isn't a good player.
              How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
                At this point in time does anyone really trust the way SDSU recruits and decides whether or not to offer scholarships. The philosophy obviously hasn't worked at the D1 level so just because SDSU might not want a player doesn't mean that player isn't a good player.
                Remind me again how many DI wins USD has?

Once again you sir.........oh wait.........never mind don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

Comment

What post did someone say Dusty was not a good player. I for one feel sorry for Dusty. Yes he gets to play D1 basketball, but he get's to play on the absolute worst d1 court.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                    Just for clarification, I didn't say they didn't look closely at him. I just hope they considered certain intangibles that we haven't found in some of our recent recruits. That's not to be taken as criticism of the current players just trying to clarify my previous post.

Comment

Nobody dissed Dusty here. Isn't it possible that he just doesn't fit at SDSU? Maybe we have enough 6'6" or 6'7" guys for the time being. Or maybe his game doesn't fit the style Nagy wants to play. That doesn't mean he isn't a good player.

Check your inferiority complex at the door and respond to the posts that are actually here, not the ones you imagine are here.
                      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I have never watched the young Tetzlaff play. So really could not render an opinion on his skills. His father was a SDSU legend as many of us have said, but thats no guarentee son would be as good or better than father. If his father agrees that USD is his best fit, then that's what will happen. I trust the way SDSU recruits and decides whether or not to offer scholarships. But darn those are yellow and blue glasses that I am looking through.
                        Last edited by Nidaros; 10-23-2008, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                          Nobody dissed Dusty here. Isn't it possible that he just doesn't fit at SDSU? Maybe we have enough 6'6" or 6'7" guys for the time being. Or maybe his game doesn't fit the style Nagy wants to play. That doesn't mean he isn't a good player.

Check your inferiority complex at the door and respond to the posts that are actually here, not the ones you imagine are here.
                          COYOTE FAN. This thread is not a smack thread. The tone of your post is more than confrontational and is "smacky". Those who have responded, including, for example, JimmyJack are correct. Nobody dissed Dusty Tetzlaff. I happen to agree completely with JimmyJack's comments. Bottom line, Coyote Fan, don't start smack in a non-smack thread. That's a warning. Do it again and you'll be banned.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post

Or maybe the fact he was one of the kids that got kicked off his high school team last year for drinking had something to do with it.

Comment

I think that's pretty broad generalization and in the end doesn't really matter. What it amounts to is that Dusty thought the situation at USD was better for him. Good enough for me, I wish him luck (unless he plays SDSU in his career).
                              "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                              -Leo Rosten

Comment

Working...
                              X